forum

Ultra Death Streams(xi songs)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_7198956
Hia peeps!

I started Osu about a month ago, but I play entirely for fun and not really for skill building, but I really do want to learn how to death stream faster. I use a mechanical keyboard along with a drawing tablet to play most of the time(used to be mouse only), but I'm curious as to how I should approach such incredibly fast streams. It seems like I can't actually click xz that fast. I'm sure it's possible with practice, but is there any specific technique I should know about? I'm very happy about playing Osu and it's a very fun game that I'm happy to be part of(despite being bad at it haha). I would also appreciate any kind of feedback on what I should be working on to get better at death streams because I'm fairly good at jumps at this point.

The streams in question are the ones present in Blue Zenith Extreme or Freedom DiVE's Another.

Thank you guys, I'm usually am too afraid to post on most games because of the community toxicity, but this one's one of the nicest I've seen.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day! :)
Edit: Ranking and high accuracy don't really matter to me because I can build that up over time naturally. I didn't mean that I was Cookiezi level of good at jumps, no. What I meant was that I was better at jumps than streaming most of the time. Thanks for all the replies though, I'll be sure to implement some of the responses to my gameplay!
StephOsu
Hi.
I don't know where should I start.
I get your feeling that deathstream looks like it's extremely fun to play, but you are nowhere near that level yet (heck even I'm far away from it)
First of all, it's good for you to play for fun, but to be able to play beatmaps on that level, you definitely need to build your skills and foundation to a certain (really high) extent to play on that level.
The most important skill IMO to be able to play stream nicely are speed, stamina and finger control I exclude aim because that was given for every type of maps
To start it off, you can try to practice with this to learn finger controls
If you are able to accept (un)constructive Criticism, open this spoiler box

Le Poi wrote:

I'm fairly good at jumps at this point.
ROFL sorry but no you aren't and you can't consider yourself as good at jumps if you can't even full combo stuffs from your top play (not saying that I'm good either though. I'm really bad at jumps basically everything of this game)

Last but not least, Welcome to Osu! Enjoy your stay as you can never leave.
-Makishima S-
Eh i will repeat myself yet another time, you don't need to listen and stay bad or whatever:

At your state you should just play this game. You are not supposed to deathstream or even stream consistently, you are not supposed to jump properly or have sky high acc - it's all good. You are newbie.
You should stick to easy maps and slowly work your way out into higher star maps.
Yes - they are boring but they slowly teach you HOW to acc, HOW to aim, HOW to not react on circles and play maps like it should be.
Rushing into maps what you cannot read, cannot aim and expecting that you will be next WWW/Cookiezi do not work, never.
Spamming too hard maps and expecting things to change also don't work - it's not like progression in game like osu works.

Insteed of making yourself unable to play this game properly later on by spamming all deathstreams maps i would recommend going into 1-2-3* maps and slooowly progress by making FC (full combo) with high acc and moving on. Sticking to maps what you can read properly which means you do not react on circles but you are fully aware where each one is and margin of error ends at random shitmisses / sliderbreaks.

It's honest - many newbies spam all this FDA/4D, Blue Zenith maps and they in 90% ends up hating this game, comming here and crying that they cannot progress and quiting. This 10% actually takes into mind what more experienced players say and fix their problems.

Now, just play this game, do not force super high acc, you can stick to 93/95% for start but force FC. Zero misses, zero sliderbreaks - full combo on maps in your skill level which means ~1,5-2*. When you get good at this, move into higher stars and i can assure you it will be easy to get used to new patterns and approach rate.
StephOsu

[Taiga] wrote:

It's honest - many newbies spam all this FDA/4D, Blue Zenith maps and they in 90% ends up hating this game, comming here and crying that they cannot progress and quiting. This 10% actually takes into mind what more experienced players say and fix their problems.
I can vouch this because I was one of the 90% until I find all these weeb songs that I like in here
Yuudachi-kun
Don't listen to them OP - play this and be happy http://osu.ppy.sh/b/807074

Send us a a replay when done!
StephOsu
KHELLY NO WHAT HAD YOU DONE
Yuudachi-kun

StephOsu wrote:

KHELLY NO WHAT HAD YOU DONE
Just helpin OP out 8-)
Hvick711
Idk how a 3k pp player can teach some 1 about death streams if he only plays 3-4 star tv size maps.
To get better at streaming is to play more death stream maps preferably something at your level. Its always hard in the beginning but it gets easier the more time you spend mashing your kb. You wont be able to pass FD4D if you don't actually spend countless hours of kb mashing. Start from the bpm you know you can stream and add +20 to it to get faster. For building up stamina play long stream / burst maps.
Hinpoppo
t/72954

Don't let people tell you what you want to do; but make sure that if you want to actually get good at it to do it properly.
N0thingSpecial

Le Poi wrote:

Thank you guys, I'm usually am too afraid to post on most games because of the community toxicity, but this one's one of the nicest I've seen.
We are toxic be we have good intentions

OT: you can do what ever you want, but I would advice you to start easy, find your comfort streaming bpm, and when I say comfort I mean being able to SS 20+ note long stream without too much effort, usually indicated by how you can concentrate more on aiming streams than tapping streams. Once you found your comfort bpm, work your way up with until that new BPM becomes your comfort BPM. Repeat the process until 222BPM then you can spam FD4D
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_7198956

Lampranthus wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/72954

Don't let people tell you what you want to do; but make sure that if you want to actually get good at it to do it properly.

Thanks, I'll be sure to try them out! I love this game because it's challenging and I like learning the hard way, so I guess it's just because I'm insanely stubborn haha. I'll develop accuracy over time and such, but I was just wondering if there was a certain technique to it, but I guess it's just practice. Thanks for the criticism guys :D
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_7198956

StephOsu wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

I can vouch this because I was one of the 90% until I find all these weeb songs that I like in here
I'm usually someone who just tries and tries and tries and doesn't get tired of it, so I'll just keep practicing. I understand how it can become tedious and nearly seemingly impossible, but it's just a part of this game. Thanks :D
Hinpoppo

Le Poi wrote:

Lampranthus wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/72954

Thanks, I'll be sure to try them out! I love this game because it's challenging and I like learning the hard way, so I guess it's just because I'm insanely stubborn haha. I'll develop accuracy over time and such, but I was just wondering if there was a certain technique to it, but I guess it's just practice. Thanks for the criticism guys :D

Honestly theoretically, developing accuracy if you do get to the point where you can stream insanely quickly will be extremely tedious because you will feel negative about it

Just a word of advice; not as an osu standard player but a mania player who is facing this problem at the moment.

And there is technique to it; as a matter of fact pretty much 90% of how fast and long you stream is based on your technique; however your technique gradually changes to become more efficient and natural. Rote learning is really the only applicable method

And remember, your skillset sticks with you forever; be careful of what you wish for.
-Makishima S-

-Toushin wrote:

Idk how a 3k pp player can teach some 1 about death streams if he only plays 3-4 star tv size maps.
Top kek

edit - Hang out around for a while, you will notice that i am pretty big hater of tv-size maps and fact that indeed i have some of them in top ranks doesn't change fact that majority of my top ranks same as overall gameplay is focused on long/marathon size maps.

I am one of this who walks with opinion that skill and consistency starts with 3 min and 1k combo minimum.

Cheers
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_7198956
Thanks, I'll be sure to try them out! I love this game because it's challenging and I like learning the hard way, so I guess it's just because I'm insanely stubborn haha. I'll develop accuracy over time and such, but I was just wondering if there was a certain technique to it, but I guess it's just practice. Thanks for the criticism guys :D[/quote]

Honestly theoretically, developing accuracy if you do get to the point where you can stream insanely quickly will be extremely tedious because you will feel negative about it

Just a word of advice; not as an osu standard player but a mania player who is facing this problem at the moment.

And there is technique to it; as a matter of fact pretty much 90% of how fast and long you stream is based on your technique; however your technique gradually changes to become more efficient and natural. Rote learning is really the only applicable method

And remember, your skillset sticks with you forever; be careful of what you wish for.[/quote]

Yes, that's excellent advice. It's harder to fix bad habits than it seems. It took me a while to get rid of spamming X Z on fast jumps for example. Practice is the answer as usual I guess. I'll see ya'll in about a year or two :D
KanoSet
but i love tv-size weeb songs :|
-Makishima S-

KanoSet wrote:

Pls enjoy tv-size weeb songs \:D/
StephOsu

[Taiga] wrote:

-Toushin wrote:

Top kek

edit - Hang out around for a while, you will notice that i am pretty big hater of tv-size maps and fact that indeed i have some of them in top ranks doesn't change fact that majority of my top ranks same as overall gameplay is focused on long/marathon size maps.

I am one of this who walks with opinion that skill and consistency starts with 3 min and 1k combo minimum.

Cheers
i think he's talking about me, but at the same time im not certain about it when I have half of my over 150pp plays (which is 6 out of 12) as non-tv size, and none of them are below 4.0 star

KanoSet wrote:

me2 \:D/
Endie-

Khelly wrote:

Don't listen to them OP - play this and be happy http://osu.ppy.sh/b/807074

Send us a a replay when done!
I thought you linked to a mazzerin map...

OT: Keep playing for now and enjoy the game before worrying about difficult stuff like streams and jumps
Yuudachi-kun
Waiting on OP's replay
Endaris
Deathstreams are not particularly fun.
It's so easy to die or gain the worst acc ever even when you are pretty good at it. Khelly died when he overstreamed a 250bpm longstream when I spectated him for the last time.
Better play le shortstreamspam-maps.
Risa
Yuudachi-kun

Ezonie wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/900957

Have fun
I am going to spam the fuck out of that extra.
Yolshka

Khelly wrote:

Ezonie wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/900957

Have fun
I am going to spam the fuck out of that extra.
That map is really good.Song too.I'm spamming the fuck out of that insane.The streams are not exactly deadly, but still a challenge for me.I hope we can see it ranked.
By the way I want this too : https://osu.ppy.sh/s/302535
Yuudachi-kun
I thought you were slow
Yolshka
I am tho but want to get faster.
Yuudachi-kun

ShadyAngel wrote:

I am tho but want to get faster.

M-me too