forum

Help with some stuff

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Helyana
[self-deleted]
KupcaH
I don't understand which help you need. All you can do is practice.
Read some stuff here t/99612, maybe it will help you.
Btw, try to listen to hit sounds.
Topic Starter
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Xyrus_old_1

SkullFull wrote:

1. Reading and accuracy. For some reasons I struggle on maps because I can't read patterns in time and I usually miss/destroy my acc or combo. Also, (I think those 2 things are related, is it true?) I struggle to get more than 95% accuracy even on 2.5 star maps (I usually play 3.5-4.25).

4. Retrying bad habit. It happens very often... I'm playing a map for the first time and I suddenly miss/hit a lot of 100's and 50's/sliderbreak at half of it (or sometimes not even at half). I rapidly hit the Esc button, then the Retry one. I end up making dozens of attempts that end at less than half of the map, and then the first time I manage to do the part good I miss on the new patterns and restart again. It's a thing like "I don't want an A/B/C on this map"...
To improve your reading, just do a lot of sightreading, i.e. download some maps you've never played before and try to FC them on the 1st try, preferably longer maps (4+ minutes), make sure they're maps that are at a level you can read, probably around 3.5-4*. No matter what, once you've played through it, move on to the next map. Don't restart for any reason, if you fail the map/get bad accuracy/etc. just remember that you're still developing your reading and move on, do this for at least half an hour every day you play the game. You can always come back and play the maps again later on. After doing this for at least a wekk, you shoud start to feel the difference.

You will improve your reading when you play through the whole song and stop retrying.

SkullFull wrote:

2. Slow streams. I'm OK at medium-speed streams (let's say around 155-185 BPM), but I have some real problems with low BPM streams. The point is that I always tap too early and miss. Then I see that I tap too early and I slow down, getting notes too late and still missing. (I know that in 4 star maps there aren't any serious streams, but the few ones always get me.)

3. Starts of streams. I keep getting those damn first circles not in time, and I end up missing the whole stream and raging. The point is that when a stream appears I panic and focus on the stream and the speed to maintain rather than the beat...
Try playing low AR maps, and maybe some EZ Mod, you'll learn to time the streams better if you practice reading patiently. Improving your reading will solve both of these problems.

SkullFull wrote:

Last thing: I almost always get stupid misses on some parts just because I didn't see the circle...
Play more, you'll eventually figure out why you can't see them, it could be for any number of reasons, so you'll have to be more specific if you want advice on this.
Topic Starter
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Hvick711
Later on you don't need to stream any lower than 175bpm so don't worry about not being able to stream <155
Endaris
Looks like the maps I gave you after you asked in #help triggered some serious osu!-crisis x)

Also, don't play EZ-mod just because Xyrus told you to do so, he just started out a few days ago triggered by me, devlishly spreading the disease. EZ-Mod is definitely not something you want to play before you got your basics down. If you want to practice your reading and pattern recognition HD on AR7 and 8 will most likely be more rewarding and less demanding compared to EZ.

/edit: Context: He plays Tap+X and can't decide whether to stream lowbpm with his keyboard or singletap it with his pen.
Barusamikosu
If you really want to get better at slow streams it's just a matter of practice (play more™) and focus.

If you're tapping early, try tapping late. Speed up and slow down until you find the right rhythm for the BPM you're playing. The error bar is there to help you too

List of stream maps from RaneFire

You've probably seen this a million times by now but spamming the maps in the 120-140 BPM area helped me a lot when I wanted to get better at slow streams.

Some bonus maps xd
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/860627
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567
Topic Starter
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Xyrus_old_1

Endaris wrote:

Also, don't play EZ-mod just because Xyrus told you to do so, he just started out a few days ago triggered by me, devlishly spreading the disease. EZ-Mod is definitely not something you want to play before you got your basics down. If you want to practice your reading and pattern recognition HD on AR7 and 8 will most likely be more rewarding and less demanding compared to EZ.
OP will convert to the church of EZ

COnverRRrrRRRrRrrRrRRRtTttttTTtTtTTTTtt!!!

Nomod is best though
KanoSet
play more tbh
Sup A Noob
TL;DR: Play more, play more, play more, don't retry.

Actual:

1. Reading and accuracy. For some reasons I struggle on maps because I can't read patterns in time and I usually miss/destroy my acc or combo. Also, (I think those 2 things are related, is it true?) I struggle to get more than 95% accuracy even on 2.5 star maps (I usually play 3.5-4.25). Last thing: I almost always get stupid misses on some parts just because I didn't see the circle...
If you really have to, play with black backgrounds like everyone else (it's not really that important though, that background thing).

I think the reason why you're not reading patterns in time is because you are looking at only the circle you're about to hit. You'll have to take a step back and start looking for the next circles to go to; that's where you'll know where to go next without having to put all your focus only on one circle.

Of course, practice still makes perfect. Honestly this shouldn't be too much of an issue if you play more .

2. Slow streams. I'm OK at medium-speed streams (let's say around 155-185 BPM), but I have some real problems with low BPM streams. The point is that I always tap too early and miss. Then I see that I tap too early and I slow down, getting notes too late and still missing. (I know that in 4 star maps there aren't any serious streams, but the few ones always get me.)

3. Starts of streams. I keep getting those damn first circles not in time, and I end up missing the whole stream and raging. The point is that when a stream appears I panic and focus on the stream and the speed to maintain rather than the beat...
Listen. There's no other way to go about it. If you listen, don't just enjoy the music. Understand the music and feel the rhythm.

And practice, of course. Practice both listening and playing to your understanding of what you listened in ths music.

4. Retrying bad habit. It happens very often... I'm playing a map for the first time and I suddenly miss/hit a lot of 100's and 50's/sliderbreak at half of it (or sometimes not even at half). I rapidly hit the Esc button, then the Retry one. I end up making dozens of attempts that end at less than half of the map, and then the first time I manage to do the part good I miss on the new patterns and restart again. It's a thing like "I don't want an A/B/C on this map"...
If you're so anal about getting a perfect score, you'll have trouble playing more difficult maps in the future. A/B/C is nothing but an indication of how much more you need to improve before you can get your S. You let a few letters demoralise you, you destroy your entire game.

In short, just don't retry if you know that you are already playing your best.