forum

Various - Para's Chill & Ambient Collection [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Parachor
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, 1 July 2016 at 11:49:46 PM

Artist: Various
Title: Para's Chill & Ambient Collection
BPM: 105
Filesize: 26315kb
Play Time: 03:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. eeph - Near The River - 4Key (2.65 stars, 1106 notes)
  2. Gemini - Nothingness - 4Key (2.39 stars, 654 notes)
  3. Olafur Arnalds - This Place Was A Shelter - 4Key (2.92 stars, 865 notes)
  4. The Flashbulb - Seven Eves - 4Key (1.65 stars, 337 notes)
  5. The Flashbulb - The Fear Of Vision - 4Key (1.55 stars, 520 notes)
  6. World's End Press - Drag Me Home (Japanese Wallpaper Lullaby Mix) - 4Key (1.72 stars, 585 notes)
Download: Various - Para's Chill & Ambient Collection
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
-=+=- Para's Chill & Ambient Collection -=+=-

There is a reason that I have created this mapset. You likely know by now that most of the song choices for osu!mania are loud and harsh (which is no fault of the community, because after all, those kinds of songs usually can be the most interesting and challenging to play), thus there is a lack of songs that are on the quieter side of the spectrum. This is a big shame for me, because I have a special adoration for songs that are subtle and calm, especially from the ambient genre. Most people do not even think to map from these kinds of genres for multiple reasons, whether it be lack of a challenge, lack of notes to map, or lack of interest, which are all completely fair justifications. To me, this project is an escape, not just for me, but also for the player. An experiment. I want to show that, yes, quiet maps can be interesting! I hope to bring to light this underrepresented area of music, and I really hope to create a relaxing, meditative experience for you all.

Thank you so much for looking at this project. I've been working on it for a long time, and it's still on-going! If you have any feedback, thoughts or... anything really, I'd absolutely love to hear it. Have a wonderful day :)

-=+=- Tracklist -=+=-

The Flashbulb - The Fear Of Vision | 1.55* | Orchestral, Minimal LN, Bright
Very simple. Mainly aimed at newer players, but like all of these maps, I tried to make it enjoyable for everyone c:
The Flashbulb - Seven Eves | 1.65* | Piano-based, LN, Melancholic
Pretty simple LN mapping. It's quite hypnotizing in a way.
World's End Press - Drag Me Home (Japanese Wallpaper Lullaby Mix) | 1.72* | Music Box, LN, Meditative
Please note: this song is very repetitive. Think of this map as a kind of meditation, and get yourself lost in the music!
Gemini - Nothingness | 2,45* | Electronic, Heavy LN, Darkly Atmospheric
This map has some fairly experimental LN mapping. Once you get hang of the layers, it's not too difficult to play at all.
eeph - Near The River | 2.65* | Guitar & Percussion-based, Minimal LN, Chill-Out
I'm really quite proud of this map. I think out of all my maps, this one is the most complementary to the song. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Olafur Arnalds - This Place Was A Shelter | 2.92* | Piano & Strings & Percussion, Heavy LN, Dark & Dramatic
Quite experimental LN mapping. I've spent a very long time on this map trying to decide whether I should continue it, and now that I have, I've decided to release it in this set after all. Let's hope this experiment hasn't failed!
- - -

Rollz - Come Home (ft. CoMa) | Not Started
Enkidu - Falling | Not Started
Gate - Kei | Not Started
Tom Day - Echoes | Not Started
Koda - The Warmth | Not Started
Josh Pan - Thoughts On Death | Not Started

A special thanks to the people that have been supportive of my projects. I tried to put a lot of consideration into my mapping for this, despite the maps being fairly easy in nature, so I hope this came through in the maps. You guys are the best :)

EDIT: Fixed the overlap in the Nothingness map.
Oktawia
Woah, something truly wonderful.
Topic Starter
Parachor

Oktawia wrote:

Woah, something truly wonderful.
I'm incredibly glad that you like it ^-^
Bub
Finish hype
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.