forum

ppwatch (get PP updates in real-time)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
irissystem
ppwatch

I'm the kind of person that likes watching numbers tick up, and I wanted to see my PP in decimal points after I play a map. So I wrote ppwatch, a small command line tool that tells you your PP count as you play maps.

It's simple to use - run it, fill in the prompts (it'll only ask you for your information once), and get your PP!

It doesn't flood the osu! servers, as it only requests updates when the title of the osu! window changes (which happens when you start/finish a map), meaning peppy should be happy!

Code and download is here.

This is still very much in beta, and if you have any features you think should be added, let me know here!
oil
thumbsup
Oliv3r_old
this seems to be so good, testing here
anyway thank you! it is good to follow your pp progress without opening new osu website tab.
Topic Starter
irissystem
Update: v0.1.1

Fixes a bug where all scores would be reported as 0PP.

Download here.
Alpgh367
Really cool! I will definitely be using this.
Alpgh367
When running the program I get this error:
Topic Starter
irissystem
Hi! Could you try running this debugging version and copy and paste the output here? It'll help me debug the issue. Cheers :)
Topic Starter
irissystem
v0.2.1

This release features support for all game modes!

If you've run ppwatch before, you'll have to delete your configuration (or manually adapt your configuration file) before running this release.

Changelog since the last version posted on the forums:
  1. Multiple game mode support
  2. JSON output (with the -json flag)
  3. Improved logging in error conditions
Download is here.
[Morray]
I can't make a [ so i can't write my username :cry:
Topic Starter
irissystem
You'll have to wrap your username in quote marks in the configuration file for it to recognize the [ or ]. So your configuration file should look like this:

username: "[Morray]"

Alternatively if you delete your configuration file, the new version which I just released will let you enter a [ and ] when you are prompted for your username.
[Morray]

actualnbren wrote:

You'll have to wrap your username in quote marks in the configuration file for it to recognize the [ or ]. So your configuration file should look like this:

username: "[Morray]"

Alternatively if you delete your configuration file, the new version which I just released will let you enter a [ and ] when you are prompted for your username.
No i can't add [ only ] work, and i don't find the configuration file...
Topic Starter
irissystem

[Morray] wrote:

The configuration file is named .ppwatch.yml and is in your user directory (should be C:\Users\yourusername\). Edit it with WordPad (not Notepad, it won't work properly) and change the username to have your username.

What happens when you try to type a [ in the prompt? Does it just not come up? (a screenshot would be helpful, since it should work, it works here fine)
[Morray]

actualnbren wrote:

[Morray] wrote:

The configuration file is named .ppwatch.yml and is in your user directory (should be C:\Users\yourusername\). Edit it with WordPad (not Notepad, it won't work properly) and change the username to have your username.

What happens when you try to type a [ in the prompt? Does it just not come up? (a screenshot would be helpful, since it should work, it works here fine)
Yeah it just not come up (http://puu.sh/oEO17/ae2cf67c53.png), but i found the config file and i change it and now its working, that a cool app and thank for the help .
Topic Starter
irissystem

[Morray] wrote:

Yeah it just not come up (http://puu.sh/oEO17/ae2cf67c53.png), but i found the config file and i change it and now its working, that a cool app and thank for the help .
That's really weird. I'm glad you got it working!
AncuL
does it work at every gamemode?
Topic Starter
irissystem

AncuL wrote:

does it work at every gamemode?
Yes!
Multtari
If you are open for suggestions:

Seeing the increase for both raw and total performance. Map name [Difficulty] | A 300x (15123) | 150pp {+0.45} | 3044.75 -> 3045.20

History function. Separate text file from command line output when pp is updated for example.
Topic Starter
irissystem

Militari wrote:

If you are open for suggestions:

Seeing the increase for both raw and total performance. Map name [Difficulty] | A 300x (15123) | 150pp {+0.45} | 3044.75 -> 3045.10

History function. Separate text file from command line output when pp is updated for example.
I'm not sure what you mean by total performance - do you mean your overall rank ("pp_rank" in the API)?

History function is definitely doable though, I'll put that on my to do list.
Multtari

actualnbren wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by total performance - do you mean your overall rank ("pp_rank" in the API)?
Total pp. 3044.75 in the example.
Topic Starter
irissystem
v0.3.0

Adds total PP output, and Linux support!

Download here!
mizuki-chan
Your doing a good job.
Appreciate people doing such work for the community.
THANKS