1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
O ok
posted
NM

00:51:881 (6,7) - rotate a bit ccw, so that 5 flows better into the curve of 6
02:54:063 (4,5) - You had smaller spacing on these kind of sliders a bit earlier, so either buffer, or reduce spacing.
13:44:061 (5,6,7) - idk if they should be stacked but this doesn't look good atm
14:28:243 (1,2,3) - nice

I'm noob, sorry if what I said is dumb or anything, GL with the map!
posted

fieryrage wrote:

first mod got em

00:34:699 (7) - Banned from twitch.tv Top 5 Osu Players Who Sworn

  • hopefully this won't end up as a huge list

    starting off with timing-related issues, 00:00:063 (1) - to 00:17:517 (1) - is almost all off-timed by about +5 ms avg. with the most notable offenders of being ridiculously off-timed being 00:02:790 (3) - 00:07:153 (3) - 00:11:517 (3) - 00:15:881 (3,5) - the sliderends/circle (in the case of the last one) here, tbh the beginning just kind of seems really off in general and idk if this is a consistent thing between the different because maybe parts but it's really weird the sliderends you mentioned + the notes after are indeed snapped to 1/8, but I mapped them like that for the sake of simplicity and not having the player restart because of such a silly issue... idk about it tho

    general: probably should add "blue dragon" to the tags considering uh

    actual map stuff:
  1. 00:22:972 (1,2,3) - rhythm is kinda confusing here, the most potent instrument is the synth which would make more sense to follow, but regardless of that I'm not really entirely sure what this is following considering no other instrument really follows the rhythm you chose here what do you mean, it's the highest pitch synth which is pretty prominent here lol
  2. 00:27:335 (1,2) - this also is inconsistent throughout this section where you actually do map the synth 00:26:790 (3) - on this note, this is the only time you don't in the post-1/8 slider section, kinda seems out of place imo eh, the rhythm does sound kinda intuitive here lol
  3. 00:36:881 (5,6,7,8,1) - more personal preference than anything but I really prefer the semi-spaced stuff you do practically everywhere else over a stack like this, gives it a lot more momentum i do it mostly for variation as this is a rather simple mapping style that doesnt rely on movement too much and goes mostly by rhythm itself
  4. 00:51:063 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - although if you don't change the stack streams please at least change this one because this plays really awkwardly without momentum going into the jump, would feel a lot more intuitive if it wasn't done(sidenote 00:51:472 (2,3,4) - why is this the only spaced triple in the entire song well i think the focus on vocals is pretty big here lol)
  5. 01:52:426 (1) - would make more sense to have this end on the white tick where the vocal lands it used to be like that but it kinda "echoes" through so honestly i think ending it on the red tick here makes a lot more sense
  6. 01:56:790 (7) - nc here for consistency with this section done
  7. 02:08:790 (6) - ^ done
  8. 02:54:063 (4) - nc to differentiate the 1/4 and 1/8 sliders done


ok i can't mod all of it right now cuz i go sleep soon but i got through the first song so pogchamp

gonna continue this tomorrow

Mishima Yurara wrote:

jsut realized doesnt that score cap thing affect this map or no
no it caps at 1,240,000,000

Silomare wrote:

NM

00:51:881 (6,7) - rotate a bit ccw, so that 5 flows better into the curve of 6 ok
02:54:063 (4,5) - You had smaller spacing on these kind of sliders a bit earlier, so either buffer, or reduce spacing. buffered
13:44:061 (5,6,7) - idk if they should be stacked but this doesn't look good atm fixed
14:28:243 (1,2,3) - nice :D

I'm noob, sorry if what I said is dumb or anything, GL with the map! accepted everything actually lol
posted
place holder para uma futura olhadinha!!!
boa sorte desde já
posted
awesome map :D congrats on finishing the whole album!

  1. 04:40:778 (5,6) - these guys aren't snapped correctly, they should be on the red/blue ticks at 04:40:824 and 04:40:892
    same situation at 04:45:142 (5,6)- 04:49:506 (4,5)- 04:14:596 (2)- 04:16:778 (2)- 04:18:869 (5)- 06:16:778 (5,6) and 06:21:051 (5)
  2. 07:56:778 (4) - rhythm feels more accurate like this (should probably map as a slider and then a circle). the slider after it is fine
  3. 12:27:451 - feels like there should be a note here? you mapped it in all the other patterns before it
  4. 15:07:380 (10) - delete (a short pause here makes more sense because you can barely here that note when playing)
  5. 16:51:698 (5) - maybe nc? also 17:00:425 (5). I think it would make more sense due to how you nc'd 17:44:061 (1) and 17:09:152 (1)
  6. 19:11:880 (1) - this transition feels so fun to play!
  7. 19:55:516 - in this little section until 20:03:152, I'm not really following the reason for putting the 1/2 sliders vs. 1/4 repeats at some parts. if I mapped this I would probably put all of the 1/2 sliders on this noise at 19:56:334 ? this is your preference, I just don't understand it


sorry for short mod D: I didn't have a chance to play the whole map, just skipped around in editor and tested a few parts. I might mod again later when I can play through the whole thing


good luck on ranking!! almost there :)
posted

clayton wrote:

awesome map :D congrats on finishing the whole album!

  1. 04:40:778 (5,6) - these guys aren't snapped correctly, they should be on the red/blue ticks at 04:40:824 and 04:40:892
    same situation at 04:45:142 (5,6)- 04:49:506 (4,5)- 04:14:596 (2)- 04:16:778 (2)- 04:18:869 (5)- 06:16:778 (5,6) and 06:21:051 (5) wow im dumb, fixed
  2. 07:56:778 (4) - rhythm feels more accurate like this (should probably map as a slider and then a circle). the slider after it is fine done
  3. 12:27:451 - feels like there should be a note here? you mapped it in all the other patterns before it done
  4. 15:07:380 (10) - delete (a short pause here makes more sense because you can barely here that note when playing) done
  5. 16:51:698 (5) - maybe nc? also 17:00:425 (5). I think it would make more sense due to how you nc'd 17:44:061 (1) and 17:09:152 (1) done
  6. 19:11:880 (1) - this transition feels so fun to play! thank you!
  7. 19:55:516 - in this little section until 20:03:152, I'm not really following the reason for putting the 1/2 sliders vs. 1/4 repeats at some parts. if I mapped this I would probably put all of the 1/2 sliders on this noise at 19:56:334 ? this is your preference, I just don't understand it the cymbals go 1/4 at most times, i tried to get it right but probably missed at some point, still dont know where tho


sorry for short mod D: I didn't have a chance to play the whole map, just skipped around in editor and tested a few parts. I might mod again later when I can play through the whole thing


good luck on ranking!! almost there :)

fieryrage wrote:

nc stuff and useless stuff
  • countdown isn't needed, would be better to just remove it fuck i always forget it

  1. 01:09:881 (12) - neglected to mention this earlier and it doesn't matter *too* much but this is basically the only note before a break that isn't NCed, probably would be better to be consistent ok done
  2. 03:37:142 (4) - would make more sense to have this NCed to keep the "every downbeat there's a NC" consistency thing ok
  3. 04:12:596 - I'm gonna assume this was caused by an AR change so they basically don't mean anything but I'm pointing this one out anyway in case you care enough to fix them, it happens with basically every break in the song so What The Fuck fixed
  4. 04:18:596 (4) - NC for same reason above but moreso 04:16:415 (1) - because you do it everywhere else im dumb
  5. 07:00:733 (7) - this one's not really necessary, (imo) the notes aren't emphasized enough to warrant a NC here ok
  6. 07:35:506 (1,1) - these also aren't necessary especially since you didn't do the same thing 07:31:142 (7,8) - here, only thing is that the follow points get kinda ugly 07:35:642 (8,9,10) - here so idk your call I guess yeah this one is more of a readability NC, gonna leave this one for now
  7. 08:05:506 (1) - could probably get away with NCing this instead of the triangle after, doesn't really affect playability much and makes more sense consistency-wise eh i think NCing the triangle here makes more sense musically
  8. 08:31:960 (3) - NC would be cool for the change in vocals here Ok
  9. 09:03:051 (7) - missing a clap on this sliderend(?) uhh not sure about this one
  10. 10:31:542 (1) - this slider curves a lot more than the other sliders and I'm not really sure why but it stands out immensely because the song goes like really DIIING here also symmetry lols
  11. 10:34:270 (4) - going off the pattern 10:51:724 (1) - here, wouldn't it make more sense to NC this for consistency? (I know it's a different rhythm so this is kinda subjective more than anything) probably not because this is an extension of the previous rhythm which was being repeated before
  12. 12:05:087 (2) - this is definitely missing a clap, though Ok
  13. 12:07:270 (2) - same thing here L
  14. 12:09:452 (2) - yea LOk
  15. 12:27:179 (5) - NC for downbeat consistency (and you did it 12:29:361 (1) - here too) yes
  16. 13:12:970 (1,2) - personal opinion, but all of these would look a lot more aesthetically pleasing if it looked like this with the sliderend a bit higher from where it curves into itself not sure i kinda like the thing i got here now
  17. 13:38:061 (1) - how do you even manage to make sliderart like this living through the 2010 iNiS mapping era has its advantages
  18. 14:27:425 (5) - moving this a bit to the right would make the aesthetics consistent with 14:26:198 (2,3) - i.e. where the sliderends and sliderheads are symmetrical ok but i dont want it to overlap with (2)
  19. 14:28:243 (1) - probably should silence the slidertick on this since no note lands here too minor LoL
  20. 14:30:425 (3) - same for the first and third ticks on this slider h
  21. 14:34:789 (1,4) - Uhhh This Is An Imperfect Stack Because It Is Off By 1 Millimeter Please Fix H
  22. 14:49:380 (5) - NCing this would help introduce the rhythm change here ok
  23. 15:38:061 (1,2,3) - same hitsound suggestions above apply here as well, also maybe NC 15:40:243 (3) - since it's slower (though it'd be inconsistent and would ruin the combo gimmick thing) yeah wanna keep the gimmick
  24. 18:28:107 (5,6) - side-note the curve here for the slider really doesn't fit the angle at which the player comes into the slider from, also NC 18:28:243 (6) - this fixed
  25. 18:31:789 (4) - also NC this for consistency with 18:23:061 (1) - this part ok
  26. 18:34:380 (1) - this spinner is VERY LOUD please reduce the volume before I die k
  27. 18:54:425 (1) - honestly this should be a kiai considering how intense it is compared to the rest of the song here, and since this is sort of the "main song" (the one everyone's going to recognize playing this, at least) it would make the most sense here rather than, say, 06:26:233 (1) - the preview point or something similar, just my opinion though makes sense, done
  28. 19:11:607 (3) - while you're NCing 1/8 sliders like 02:54:063 (4) - then might as well do this one as well Ok


actual stuff
  1. 03:45:051 (2,3) - this is a lot less emphasized than stuff like 03:42:869 (2,3) - even though it's the same rhythm, while the pattern concept and aesthetics are really neat I still feel like it should be emphasized more for the sake of consistency ok did something
  2. 04:02:233 (1,2) - these two sliders might be bordering on burai sliders, imo they're perfectly readable as they stand but idk where that would stand against the ranking criteria so?? uh they seem perfectly readable to me so fuck ranking criteria l0l!
  3. 04:20:778 (2,3) - I'm not entirely sure if this is 1/3 snapped but the sliderends of these seem to be off-timed and are snapped correctly if it's 1/3, it's not really a huge deal as it stands right now because it doesn't affect playability but I'd personally just change it since the middle tick seems alright even on 1/3 snapping ye had to fix that
  4. 04:29:506 (5,6) - strangely literally none of these afterwards are actually 1/3 snapping so I have no clue what the hell is going on there, though this should be NCed fixed
  5. 05:02:642 (3,4,5) - this is the only time you map the triple here in this section, I feel like mapping the triple elsewhere like 04:58:142 (2,3) - here and 05:07:006 (4) - here would help a lot, kinda feels undermapped the way it is right now (would also help transition into the next section a bit better tbh) ok done
  6. 05:45:051 (2,3,4) - sort of overmapped triple, would fit better 05:45:187 (4,5) - between these notes where there's a more audible sound playing fixed
  7. 05:51:051 (11,12) - imo this could definitely be spaced out a lot more, maybe instead of having 05:50:915 (10,12) - this overlap you could do something like this? yea done
  8. 05:57:324 (6,7,8,9,10) - would be pretty neat if you incorporated the wub (or whatever it is) in the background here into the rhythm, something like this would be kinda cool imo would make the rhythm a bit too complicated to read imo
  9. 06:22:892 (3,4) - direct stack on this would help differentiate the 1/6 and 1/8 rhythm in this section since you direct-stacked every 1/8 rhythm prior well i found out its not 1/6 so L
  10. 06:37:687 (6,8) - direct stack also looks much neater and emphasizes the note a bit better on this considering you do it 06:42:051 (6,8) - here and other places, as well ok
  11. 06:52:551 (2,3) - wouldn't it make more sense to emphasize the clap here? feels bland without some sort of movement considering it's not really a "slow section" like some of the others not sure what happened with the spacing in this section, fixed most of it
  12. 07:12:869 (7,8,1) - movement on this stack is awkward since the notes before it (5 and 6) weren't stacked, back and forth would do much better here to keep the pace, would also mean you'd have to move 07:13:142 (1) - to be less away from 8 though done
  13. 07:24:460 (6,1) - this has like no emphasis whatsoever lo l imo would benefit a lot more if 07:24:596 (1,2) - this was Ctrl+Ged, keeps the momentum from the previous pattern not sure if that flows well but doing it anyway
  14. 07:33:187 (6,1) - goes for this one too, though this plays a lot better imo since it's going from a downwards pattern to side-to-side, flows a lot nicer that way keeping this one
  15. 07:37:960 (4,5) - should be emphasized in the same way 07:20:506 (4,5) - this is for consistency, and besides that a stack feels kind of underwhelming before a break done
  16. 07:54:051 (4,5) - stack breaks the momentum here, everything had motion prior to this while this just kinda stands still for no reason fixd
  17. 07:55:960 (2,3) - imo would separate the stack here to emphasize the vocals, helps differentiate them a bit more i think its better if i keep them like this for the sake of structure
  18. 08:12:596 (6) - having the snare be on a sliderend is pretty zzz since you didn't do it practically at all in the map before, would feel a lot better if this was emphasized with a slider or circle instead of a sliderend i would usually change it but i rly like what i have here tbh
  19. 08:13:687 (5) - same thing here ok i can change this one
  20. 08:28:687 (3,4,5,6,7) - this rhythm is overmapped where it is currently, no note lands 08:28:756 (4) - here and I'm pretty sure you meant to do something similar to 08:25:551 (3,4,5,6,7) - rhythm-wise anyways; moving the stream over to start on the red tick fixes this issue im lazy so im just gonna remove a note here
  21. 08:29:778 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - same thing as above, 08:29:846 (4) - is overmapped fixed
  22. 09:08:778 (4,5) - I think a slider fits this rhythm more since it's relatively low-intensity and the rhythm of it is pretty weird to hit compared to the other stack like this (also NC 4 if you take the suggestion I said above) i think notes here are better because the notes in the song arent held
  23. 10:28:270 (1,2,3,4) - literally no (longer version: you didn't do this pattern to represent a rhythm like this at all in the past 10 minutes, kind of pointless / hard to read if you do it now, though I'd get testplays before coming to a safe conclusion in any case; personally I know I'd screw up reading this and miss or get a 50) ok but im gonna ruin the entire pattern to fix this
  24. 13:22:789 (1) - this song in general feels a LOT more dense than basically the entire rest of the map what with the constant triples starting 13:40:243 (1) - here; imo I would make some of the triples either repeat sliders or undermap some of them i.e. what you did 15:51:152 (1) - here so that this section is less dense (unless you were going for dense, which in that case go ahead, I'm just salty about Smoke Tower from the last part) it is intentional, this song is pretty much the diff spike of the map like Smoke Tower, it's also musically the most intense song in the map by far
  25. 13:42:152 (8) - playability-wise, kind of was expecting this to be a bit higher maybe overlapping 13:40:789 (6,7,8) - the triple here; not a big issue but I think it would play better if it were near that not sure, i think it doesn't play as well if i do it like that
  26. 14:10:789 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - this is actually really creative, though I think 14:11:198 (5,9) - having these gradually space out instead of being the same spacing would add more emphasis to this pattern, personal opinion though done
  27. 14:15:152 (1,2) - with how dense the previous section was I wouldn't be surprised if this was read as a triple due to the stack, maybe space this out instead so that possibility isn't a thing? (it really doesn't matter since even if you play it like a triple you'll hit it most of the time anyway) not sure because then the spacing would be rather confusing considering its a calm section now :s
  28. 15:07:243 (9,10,1) - this is way better as a 2-note stack rather than a 3-note stack, the way it is right now it reads like a triple which, again, due to the density of the map before it, is pretty easy to break on (and you can actually break on this one so) removed that note
  29. 15:59:607 (9,1,2) - yeah basically everything I said about inconsistent stacks apply on this one, separating 9 from the rest would be ideal here ok
  30. 16:16:516 (5) - nothing really lands on the sliderend as it stands right now, maybe removing a repeat and adding a circle to where the sliderend hits currently would help? idk, feels sorta contrasty considering 16:14:334 (5) - these had the synth to back them up and now there's just nothing well now there's the woohoo sound, idk
  31. 17:18:698 (3,4,5,6,7) - stacked streams feel underwhelming considering the build-up to one of the most intense sections of the entire map, I'd space these out just so they feel a bit less...boring, I guess? not really sure how else to put it zz this is actually a reference to the 2010 map, i plan on keeping it
  32. 17:59:607 (6,7,8) - would make more sense to have this be consistent with the triples in the section (as in spaced out), kinda doesn't fit right now left it like that for the sake of playability, having it being spaced + flowing into the stream on the next combo would be pretty evil
  33. 18:32:607 (1) - why is this a different rhythm than stuff like 18:28:243 (6,7) - ? would make more sense to have it fully mapped imo done i guess
  34. 18:54:834 (3,4,5) - considering how intense this section is, wouldn't spacing out all the triples in this section make more sense? would also keep the momentum going in a high-momentum section i only kept it for the triples before sliders because idk feels nicer this way i guess?
  35. 19:26:607 (3) - leaving the red tick unmapped feels unnecessary considering you follow almost all the rhythms in the song, would be better to just have it mapped with a sliderend or smth but it's silence there lol
  36. 19:40:788 (5,6,7,8,9) - similar point to the triples in the previous section, this kills momentum that's given in other places like 19:41:607 (2,3,4,5,6) - here, would honestly be a lot better if it was spaced out for that reason imo (also it'd be consistent with the majority of the last section as well) idk man i like the stack-patterns gimmick


ok i can't mod all of it right now cuz i go sleep soon but i got through the first song so pogchamp hey what's poppin

Mishima Yurara wrote:

jsut realized doesnt that score cap thing affect this map or no
no it caps at 1,240,000,000
thanks a lot for the mods :D
posted

fieryrage wrote:

no it caps at 1,240,000,000
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/156352 Isn't this map much more than 1,240,000,000 though? :p
posted
Score cap is 2^31 =~2.14 billion.

CtB 4mod SS on this map does break that (barely), but considering that it's obviously completely unrealistic to fc this with FL (without doesn't break the cap) I'd hope it's not an issue.

Maybe I can get myself to mod this at some point tho tbh not sure if I can add anything useful

But hey now my kd stars are gone.
posted

MkGuh wrote:

fieryrage wrote:

no it caps at 1,240,000,000
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/156352 Isn't this map much more than 1,240,000,000 though? :p
he meant that this map caps at 1.24b, score cap is 2.147b which happens easily on ctb if the map reaches 1.5b on standard

so this map is fine
posted
Dear QAT,

If you don't approve this, you are asshats.

Sincerely,

An actual fan of good mapping
posted

LwL wrote:

Score cap is 2^31 =~2.14 billion.

CtB 4mod SS on this map does break that (barely), but considering that it's obviously completely unrealistic to fc this with FL (without doesn't break the cap) I'd hope it's not an issue.

Maybe I can get myself to mod this at some point tho tbh not sure if I can add anything useful

But hey now my kd stars are gone.
also holy shit thanks for the stars
posted
hey c:

01:18:199 (2,3,4) - this tripple seemd weird to me sound gets from low pitch to high, but you make this triple stacked, is that on purpose?

01:32:108 (3,5,6,7,8,1) - this overlap makes me feel like triggered perfectionist seeing something not perfect

01:46:153 - i hear clickable object here, since you used same sound for clickable object here 01:45:881 (1) - and here 01:46:290 (2) -

02:02:244 (1) - what is the purpose of that shape of the slider? Everywhere on this part you used linear and rounded sliders but randomly used angle slider.

02:45:881 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Directions of those sliders seemd a bit weird... Can you tell me on what sound you mapped them? Out of your answer i will tell you what i think.

02:56:790 (1,2,3,4) - flow here is pretty fucked. Here goes 02:56:790 (1,2) - clockwise flow, but then suddenly 02:57:335 (3,4) - gets counter clockwise. Personally i expected same flow going on those 4 notes. (and overall on this part flow feels so strange)

03:37:687 (2) - this slider should not be here, you missed a lot of sounds by trying to keep pattern consistency, please, do something here D:

04:02:233 (1,2,3) - these sliders are pretty random, i think, i suggest making then fitting each other, but if you want, you can keep it.

04:27:324 (1,3,4) - dirty overlaps, aren't they? And 04:33:187 (3,1) - here D:

05:34:142 (2) - i suggest moving this slider to the right for a bit, like, +3 on X axis. After moving it will perfectly fit 05:33:187 (6,7,8,9,10) - this, uhmm, blanket.

05:50:915 (10,12) - mehh overlap

12:43:542 (1,2,3,4,5) - same as here 02:56:790 -. Player expects clockwise flow, but you suddenly break it here 12:44:088 (3,4,5) -. I don't think this is okay...

Map overall seems more than fine, it would be lovely if it gets ranked c:
posted

Yooh wrote:

I don't think , this is like, more

01:18:199 (2,3,4) - this tripple seemd weird to me sound gets from low pitch to high, but you make this triple stacked, is that on purpose? changed

01:32:108 (3,5,6,7,8,1) - this overlap makes me feel like triggered perfectionist seeing something not perfect blame stacking :s

01:46:153 - i hear clickable object here, since you used same sound for clickable object here 01:45:881 (1) - and here 01:46:290 (2) - following the back synths here tho

02:02:244 (1) - what is the purpose of that shape of the slider? Everywhere on this part you used linear and rounded sliders but randomly used angle slider. changed

02:45:881 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Directions of those sliders seemd a bit weird... Can you tell me on what sound you mapped them? Out of your answer i will tell you what i think. it wasnt really meant to "represent the sounds". most of this ~2013 mapping style is just flow + aesthetic, there isn't much of a goal to represent the song 100% accurately using flow changes, slidershapes and patterns.

02:56:790 (1,2,3,4) - flow here is pretty fucked. Here goes 02:56:790 (1,2) - clockwise flow, but then suddenly 02:57:335 (3,4) - gets counter clockwise. Personally i expected same flow going on those 4 notes. (and overall on this part flow feels so strange) seems alright to me

03:37:687 (2) - this slider should not be here, you missed a lot of sounds by trying to keep pattern consistency, please, do something here D: this sound is more prominent though

04:02:233 (1,2,3) - these sliders are pretty random, i think, i suggest making then fitting each other, but if you want, you can keep it. not sure whats wrong with them lol

04:27:324 (1,3,4) - dirty overlaps, aren't they? And 04:33:187 (3,1) - here D: intentional, but moved some of them around a bit

05:34:142 (2) - i suggest moving this slider to the right for a bit, like, +3 on X axis. After moving it will perfectly fit 05:33:187 (6,7,8,9,10) - this, uhmm, blanket. done

05:50:915 (10,12) - mehh overlap intentional

12:43:542 (1,2,3,4,5) - same as here 02:56:790 -. Player expects clockwise flow, but you suddenly break it here 12:44:088 (3,4,5) -. I don't think this is okay... again, this map isn't exactly supposed to be "comfortable" like most nowadays map though :s so i disagree with this

Map overall seems more than fine, it would be lovely if it gets ranked c:
thanks for the mod!
posted
it wasnt really meant to "represent the sounds". most of this ~2013 mapping style is just flow + aesthetic, there isn't much of a goal to represent the song 100% accurately using flow changes, slidershapes and patterns.
Nothing i can disagree with. The reason why i asked about that place is my personal preference representing music more than flow, aesthetics etc.
posted

Yooh wrote:

it wasnt really meant to "represent the sounds". most of this ~2013 mapping style is just flow + aesthetic, there isn't much of a goal to represent the song 100% accurately using flow changes, slidershapes and patterns.
Nothing i can disagree with. The reason why i asked about that place is my personal preference representing music more than flow, aesthetics etc.
I see where you come from and I agree with it! The only reason why I'm not changing this kind of stuff is because the map really is intended to be rather simple and follow the mostly straightforward rhythm of the songs without much thought. It's kind of a homage to simpler times while also keeping consistency with part 2 (because 3 is honestly pretty bad in that regard lol).
posted
somethingsomething mod

00:34:699 (7,1) - The (7) slider is weaker in the music but spaced higher than the crash on the downbeat. Probably reduce the spacing on (7) or increase the spacing on 00:34:972 (1) - or a mix of both somehow.

00:38:381 (2,3,4) - Maybe make as perfect triangle? This could also be a perfect triangle at an angle 00:38:654 (4,5,6) -

00:55:426 (5,6) - and 00:55:699 (1,2) - have the same electronic beat, that implies something like a 1/2 jump thingy. Maybe can reflect that. Just as a visual representation of what the sounds are doing
You do it here btw 02:05:244 (5,6,1,2) -

01:29:926 (3,4,5,6) - what is this spacing lol it's higher than everything else for seemingly no reason x_x

01:48:335 (3,5,7) - If you NC these, it could look a bit more visually appealing I think

02:09:608 (1,2,3,4,1) - Turn this into


02:48:608 (5) - NC ?

04:54:051 (5,7) - Double NC could work here

05:05:915 (4) - NC for finish might also look nice here for the double triangle thing

05:10:415 (5) - NC for square probably

05:38:096 (7) - Could be positioned to 28;78

06:32:915 (2) - 481;359 for triangle (it's like barely off)

07:29:233 (1,2) - Ctrl-g can help emphasize (1) and improve flow to the rest of the objects I believe

07:38:096 (5) - You can move this to the center (194;194) of the square, it's also barely off too but I think it would look nice. If applied, you can make 07:38:233 (6) - into a triangle with (4,5)


11:16:542 (2,3,4,5,6) - NoT a PeRfEcT StAR
11:21:724 (1,2,3,4,5) -
12:37:270 (2,3,4,5,6) -
18:56:198 (4,5,6,1,2) - (there's probably a bunch more of these but man, just make a star lol)

14:33:698 (9) - I hear the finish separation but it's really strange to NC in the middle of the stream while the DS's are all the same. Maybe you can use a kick slider to indicate that this is the finishing sound while adhering the 1/4s
14:38:061 (1) - this one at least has that separation in the stream to indicate the finish sound but I'd still probably use kick slider here
14:42:425 (1) - etc

15:24:970 (1) - Why not just end it at the beginning of the square or the center. I get the spacing emphasis but it looks a bit strange to me is all :d

16:29:061 (3) - This is the only slider that does this and i think it looks weird xd probably place elsewhere for visual stuff idk

18:57:152 (5) - 218;60 for symmetry with 18:56:470 (6,2,3,4,7) -
posted
In regards to a previous modder mentioning some of the "stacking errors" (I don't have stacking enabled either) what you can do is manually stack them using like 0.1 DS and start from the where it would stack and go downwards.

Examples:

01:32:517 (5) -


11:10:133 (3,6,7,1) -


12:08:087 (4,8,9,1) -


So you can do those thingies if you want, your map has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of these little stacking aesthetic-killers because of how you did overlaps. But it's not wrong, and it might improve your aesthetics to manually stack a lot of those things.
posted

Kroytz wrote:

somethingsomething mod

00:34:699 (7,1) - The (7) slider is weaker in the music but spaced higher than the crash on the downbeat. Probably reduce the spacing on (7) or increase the spacing on 00:34:972 (1) - or a mix of both somehow. done

00:38:381 (2,3,4) - Maybe make as perfect triangle? This could also be a perfect triangle at an angle 00:38:654 (4,5,6) - done

00:55:426 (5,6) - and 00:55:699 (1,2) - have the same electronic beat, that implies something like a 1/2 jump thingy. Maybe can reflect that. Just as a visual representation of what the sounds are doing
You do it here btw 02:05:244 (5,6,1,2) - 00:55:426 (5,6,1,2) - is sort of doing that

01:29:926 (3,4,5,6) - what is this spacing lol it's higher than everything else for seemingly no reason x_x nerfed it a bit

01:48:335 (3,5,7) - If you NC these, it could look a bit more visually appealing I think done

02:09:608 (1,2,3,4,1) - Turn this into thats nice but i really like what i have now :(

02:48:608 (5) - NC ? would be inconsistent here

04:54:051 (5,7) - Double NC could work here not sure, this is pretty simple to read, also consistency on NCing

05:05:915 (4) - NC for finish might also look nice here for the double triangle thing ^

05:10:415 (5) - NC for square probably ^

05:38:096 (7) - Could be positioned to 28;78 done

06:32:915 (2) - 481;359 for triangle (it's like barely off) done

07:29:233 (1,2) - Ctrl-g can help emphasize (1) and improve flow to the rest of the objects I believe i still think this is kinda hard but done

07:38:096 (5) - You can move this to the center (194;194) of the square, it's also barely off too but I think it would look nice. If applied, you can make 07:38:233 (6) - into a triangle with (4,5) done

11:16:542 (2,3,4,5,6) - NoT a PeRfEcT StAR oops
11:21:724 (1,2,3,4,5) - ok ill admit it i got kinda lazy with these
12:37:270 (2,3,4,5,6) - this one was because of me running out of space
18:56:198 (4,5,6,1,2) - (there's probably a bunch more of these but man, just make a star lol) same lol

14:33:698 (9) - I hear the finish separation but it's really strange to NC in the middle of the stream while the DS's are all the same. Maybe you can use a kick slider to indicate that this is the finishing sound while adhering the 1/4s idk, the sounds are really uhhh "individual" so i'd rather use all hitcircles here
14:38:061 (1) - this one at least has that separation in the stream to indicate the finish sound but I'd still probably use kick slider here
14:42:425 (1) - etc

15:24:970 (1) - Why not just end it at the beginning of the square or the center. I get the spacing emphasis but it looks a bit strange to me is all :d seems fine to me imo D:

16:29:061 (3) - This is the only slider that does this and i think it looks weird xd probably place elsewhere for visual stuff idk intentional, reference to 2010 banned forever which used this kind of sliders specifically on this part

18:57:152 (5) - 218;60 for symmetry with 18:56:470 (6,2,3,4,7) - idk, looks/plays kinda weird to me

Kroytz wrote:

In regards to a previous modder mentioning some of the "stacking errors" (I don't have stacking enabled either) what you can do is manually stack them using like 0.1 DS and start from the where it would stack and go downwards.

Examples:

01:32:517 (5) -


11:10:133 (3,6,7,1) -


12:08:087 (4,8,9,1) -


So you can do those thingies if you want, your map has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of these little stacking aesthetic-killers because of how you did overlaps. But it's not wrong, and it might improve your aesthetics to manually stack a lot of those things.
fixed most of these, thanks!
posted


only gonna do the first five minutes hope u dont mind.

  1. 00:14:108 (3,4,5,6,7) - blanket potentially?
  2. 00:45:063 (2) - why not put this below (3) so the flow is better and its not covered by the previous stream?
  3. 01:04:699 (2,3,4,5,6) - this is gonna be really hard. could you by chance decrease the angle degree from object to object to keep this more doable?
  4. 01:18:063 (1,2,3,4,5) - space this closer because its quiet and lower to the rest of the song? makes for some cool contrast with the start of the next section.
  5. 01:33:881 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6) - this shouldnt be spaced the same as everything else because its super quiet. consider toning it down?
  6. 03:47:506 (4) - u use a slider for this noise a lot and i feel like at this choice for density its just incorrect. there two distinct sounds that deserve circles that our louder and higher pitched. if anything swap this pattern use so it goes slider circle slider. this also provides contrast for the slider that comes after it.
  7. 05:50:915 (10,11,12) - compared to the rest of the map this looks kind of unpolished. ctrl g 05:51:051 (11,12) - and then place twelve further to the right and eleven further to the upper right


thats all from me! let me know if youd like me to mod more!
posted

Veridian wrote:



only gonna do the first five minutes hope u dont mind.

  1. 00:14:108 (3,4,5,6,7) - blanket potentially? i don't think that would fit with the spacing
  2. 00:45:063 (2) - why not put this below (3) so the flow is better and its not covered by the previous stream? would kinda break the flow imo
  3. 01:04:699 (2,3,4,5,6) - this is gonna be really hard. could you by chance decrease the angle degree from object to object to keep this more doable? ok
  4. 01:18:063 (1,2,3,4,5) - space this closer because its quiet and lower to the rest of the song? makes for some cool contrast with the start of the next section. done
  5. 01:33:881 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6) - this shouldnt be spaced the same as everything else because its super quiet. consider toning it down? it's quiet but it's the only instrument so it needs some kind of highlight, it's not like it's a quiet beat or anything, it's quite intense
  6. 03:47:506 (4) - u use a slider for this noise a lot and i feel like at this choice for density its just incorrect. there two distinct sounds that deserve circles that our louder and higher pitched. if anything swap this pattern use so it goes slider circle slider. this also provides contrast for the slider that comes after it. refer to the other replies on "higher pitch sliders/rhythm contrast" on previous mods
  7. 05:50:915 (10,11,12) - compared to the rest of the map this looks kind of unpolished. ctrl g 05:51:051 (11,12) - and then place twelve further to the right and eleven further to the upper right ill just stack 10,12 lol


thats all from me! let me know if youd like me to mod more!
thank you!
show more
Please sign in to reply.