forum

Kiai mode help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gruntledYuki
Hi, (sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question) I'm trying to make an osu beatmap and I kind of went over the top with adding the kiai mode parts, I was wondering if there's some way to remove them? I'm trying to delete them by unticking the boxes but the green lines are still there and they keep showing up despite not being ticked :c
_DT3
Do you mean that Kiai Time is still showing up? Did you press ok when unticking the box and closing the timing panel?
Endaris

TurtleStuffs wrote:

Do you mean that Kiai Time is still showing up? Did you press ok when unticking the box and closing the timing panel?
Yeah, when you use Cancel/Close the changes done in the Timing Panel won't save.
Topic Starter
gruntledYuki
yes, i've been clicking ok instead of just closing it :c
i can get rid of a specific part with kiai mode, but then when i get rid of another part, it comes back?
Yoges
Screenshot/capture it?
hyouri
You could go to #modhelp to ask for simple questions like this, although that channel is cancer I'm sure there's somebody able to help. So you're not in the wrong place just unnecessary effort imo by going on forums
Topic Starter
gruntledYuki
this is it right now (excuse the horrific mess of different timing points etc) it's hard to see because it's small, but there's a kiai mode where the time bit is at, and one more a bit further along.

when i opened up the menu, (on the other maps i've tried to make, the box for kiai mode would be ticked so i would just untick it to get rid of it) the kiai mode box isn't ticked.

i tried to just tick it then untick it, and when i go back to the map after, this happens. (all the ones i thought i'd gotten rid of reappear?)

sorry if there's an easy solution to this i'm overlooking, it just hasn't happened to me before so i'm confused.
Bara-
There is a star in the timing point if there is kiai. Make sure there is no star if you don't want kiai at a certain part (if you look in the f6 window)
Topic Starter
gruntledYuki
i'm not entirely sure what you mean by star, but i'm pretty sure there wasn't one and it still appeared as kiai.
Endaris

--------------------------------------------------------------that star ^
Topic Starter
gruntledYuki
oh, i checked and deleted the points with stars and it got rid of all the kiai time, so thank you! that was really helpful c:
does anyone know if theres a way to get rid of the blue lines underneath?

Bara-
Those are the bookmarks
Stand on one, and click on the minus on the bottom screen
You can use the > and the < to go to the next/previous bookmark
Yoges
I feel like you could do with reading a few guides or watching some tutorials because atm you're fairly inept with the editor :P
Bara-
Guides are for nerds, every newbie says hntil they get desperate

Don't get me wrong, I highly doubt 10% of the mappers actually read a guide BEFORE they made their first map
Endaris
Hello, I am 10% and I wrote a guide before I made my first map.
Bara-
Whahaha
You wrote one? How is that even possible O.o
Yoges

Bara- wrote:

Guides are for nerds, every newbie says hntil they get desperate

Don't get me wrong, I highly doubt 10% of the mappers actually read a guide BEFORE they made their first map
I didn't read jack shit when I made my first beatmap nor did I read anything when I tried to rank my first beatmap, I still haven't read anything and I have 2 ranked maps and am in the process of ranking my third. You can do that and like just learn from experience but be aware that your mapping isn't going to get anywhere for months and you'll make stupid mistakes you could have easily avoided had you read a few guides.
Endaris

Bara- wrote:

Whahaha
You wrote one? How is that even possible O.o
Theorycrafting and thinking!
It even got stickied somehow :^) t/331992