forum

In your eyes, how relevant is ranking to skill?

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker
Your ranking can always be somewhat relevant to your own skill if you choose it to be. For everyone else, it's only relevant when the change in rank demonstrates the player is improving and that player is actually improving. There are so many ways to trick the system, on purpose or by accident, that it is best to take ranking with a grain of salt.
Aktsumi

Dextersydney wrote:

you suck at this game if you think rank = skill.
bye
touch screen is still impressive.
Thst leaves only accuracy since every other thing is so versatile
dem0nwing

Aktsumi wrote:

Dextersydney wrote:

you suck at this game if you think rank = skill.
bye
touch screen is still impressive.
Thst leaves only accuracy since every other thing is so versatile
That's, like, the worst measurement. Person A plays only 2 star songs with 100% accuracy. Person B plays 8 star songs with 93% accuracy. Person A is way better then, right?
abraker

dem0nwing wrote:

That's, like, the worst measurement. Person A plays only 2 star songs with 100% accuracy. Person B plays 8 star songs with 93% accuracy. Person A is way better then, right?
Then multiply by star rating. kappa
Hvick711
Cancer thread
Hibiya-chan
Lol the difficulty is what matters most. Disregard accuracy and other things xD
StephOsu

_StormEx_ wrote:

player A is able to clear 5 star with 70% acc and player B is able to FC 4.8 star with 100% acc
player A is stronger Kappa
PinkNightmares

dem0nwing wrote:

I don't really care about any of that so I just do the hardest/coolest songs I am able to do regardless of PP yield or whatever
Is that why all your top ranks are TV size farm maps? If you can shit out x PP plays you deserve the respective rank.
dem0nwing

B1oody wrote:

dem0nwing wrote:

I don't really care about any of that so I just do the hardest/coolest songs I am able to do regardless of PP yield or whatever
Is that why all your top ranks are TV size farm maps? If you can shit out x PP plays you deserve the respective rank.
Yes, my top ranks wind up being easy farm maps because they give more PP than any other map I play, even the harder ones. That is the entire fucking point. If I wanted to boost my rank I could fill my entire feed up with those. It's not like I know that I'm playing a farm map until I check my PP afterward and see it go way up. It's really awkward when I one-shot S a song like "that was pretty easy", check my profile and see it somehow is my top PP score, above songs that were actually difficult and took me tons of tries to get right.
Hibiya-chan

StephOsu wrote:

_StormEx_ wrote:

player A is able to clear 5 star with 70% acc and player B is able to FC 4.8 star with 100% acc
Fahk me then ZZZzzzzZZzz :o :o :o
Dre-

Lampranthus wrote:

also if you're talking shit about some guy who's called a loli you might want to change your profile pic cause there are a lot of people who would disagree with your tastes too[/size]
roasted LO
Setsuna
Skill is subjective. It's basically what impresses you the most for the most part. High bpm impresses me because my left hand can't even stream 200bpm properly.
Mahogany

Write wrote:

Lampranthus wrote:

also if you're talking shit about some guy who's called a loli you might want to change your profile pic cause there are a lot of people who would disagree with your tastes too[/size]
roasted LO
It's almost sad because you've made the exact same reading comprehension failure as they did

But nah, this is more in the line of funny instead
Dextersydney

Setsuna wrote:

Skill is subjective. It's basically what impresses you the most for the most part. High bpm impresses me because my left hand can't even stream 200bpm properly.

StephOsu wrote:

_StormEx_ wrote:

That was me 1 year ago, player A. Fun times I gotta say.
StephOsu

Dextersydney wrote:

That was me 1 year ago, player A. Fun times I gotta say.
yes that's me right now except when i farm pp
chainpullz

Dextersydney wrote:

Setsuna wrote:

Clearly he is depressed and in need of skystar's dick mutual.
StephOsu

chainpullz wrote:

Clearly he is depressed and in need of skystar's mutual dick.
ftfy
Dextersydney

Clearly he is depressed and in need of skystar's dick mutual.
quick, we need to help him! ! !
Setsuna
About to commit sudoku
chainpullz

Setsuna wrote:

About to commit sudoku
I suggest binary sudoku if you wish to make it quick and painless.
Setsuna

chainpullz wrote:

Setsuna wrote:

About to commit sudoku
Can i make it as painful as possible because Skystar never notices me?
Sayorie
Quick question: Does inconsistency make you a bad player?
E.g. You're really good at everything but chokes most of the time, then it means that you're still bad?
chainpullz

Setsuna wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Can i make it as painful as possible because Skystar never notices me?
I suggest hexadecimal sudoku for that.
Setsuna

Arthraxium wrote:

E.g. You're really good at everything but chokes most of the time, then it means that you're still bad?
This is going to sound corny. If you enjoy the game, you are a good player. If you are inconsistent but good with... Lets say jumping or streaming or whatever. You can argue u are good at so-and-so, but say u are inconsistent. That's just what i think though 😃
The Gambler
I am inconsistent...
StephOsu

The Gambler wrote:

I am inconsistent...
hey at least you are consistent at being inconsistent
The Gambler

StephOsu wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

I am inconsistent...
hey at least you are consistent at being inconsistent
Sorry, even that isn't an exception.

Some days its a win streak, some days its a losing streak, and some completely mixed. And there is no science behind it.
Lay
To add my 5 cents that no one gives two sh*ts about,
Too many players now (im talking ctb strictly, feel free to apply it elsewhere) too many
players are focusing on their PP count and their ranking because they think it makes them a better player.
E.g. #1 In New Zealand has more PP than all of us, fact. #2 in NZ has higher plays and more of them.
That being said, PP is the accumulation of your scores, itd go without saying the higher your PP count the more PP youve earnt but I dont see a connection between someoen having X PP and Y scores and Z skill when person B can have ledd PP, better scores and overly a more skilled player...
Lost yet?
The Gambler

StephOsu wrote:

git gud u skrub
play moe
I'm not kawaii enough to be played with by hvick. I can't play moe ;_;
StephOsu

The Gambler wrote:

then git gud u fuking skrub
Bara-
I'd say it's completely irrelevant. If you are good at farming, it also makes you good at the game... That makes no sense right?
Setsuna
Yall need jesus. Farming4lyf
Mahogany

Bara- wrote:

I'd say it's completely irrelevant.
Right, so Rafis got to where he is just by being trash and average like everyone else?
Dextersydney

Arthraxium wrote:

Remember, combo = score

Accuracy is good in it's own case but I would focus on consistency first. That's only if you want to have a hard time with accuracy later or consistency later.
Dextersydney

StephOsu wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

then git gud u fuking skrub
am I good enough?
StephOsu

Dextersydney wrote:

am I good enough?
no you sucks too
Yuudachi-kun

StephOsu wrote:

Dextersydney wrote:

am I good enough?
no you sucks too
What about me
Xyrus_old_1

Khelly wrote:

What about me
Do you even HDHR?
Yuudachi-kun
No I'm not good like Floob
Matrix
there is no such thing as skill in a game of luck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
show more