forum

David Wise - Fear Factory

posted
Total Posts
show more
bomber34
Ok it is really awesome now :D
But i am not sure what i should think about the TAG1 diff.
On the one side it is really fun to play and it reminds me of Disturbia which is similar and awesome too, but on the other side it is nearly unplayable because you often don't know what you are supposed to hit. This could be avoid with a second cursor which plays at the same time.
But i have no idea of SBing so i don't know if it would be worthy or possible to do that.

The spinner is great :D First i thought you would just turn the spinner color black but it is great how it is now ^^
About the CtB color thing, you could prevent this stuff if you would put the standard fruits in the beatmap folder and turn them black so the game would use it as skin and not default (at least i think this could work ^^)

To all those people who say it is really hard to play:
Yeah you're right if you play with your eyes ^^ But i play more with my ears, they tell me when i have to hit the note.

Well even though it might be a waste of kudosu, i give you one of my few :D
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Background is brighter now. I went to play the game and had forgotten that Oil Drum Alley has the same background but lighter. So I used that!
kitkattt_old
Just wanted to say that this map is awesome and super nostalgic. :3 Such a great idea!
And while I understand why, it's still sad it won't get ranked.

Thanks for making it anyway~ <3
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for telling me so! Always a pleasant surprise when people drop positive feedback. :D
Stefan
After some runs I have to say:
TAG1 maybe will be the only problem of the mapset. It will irritating the Player, if they don't learn the beatmap out.
But I didn't expect something different of AR3. ;D
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

After some runs I have to say:
TAG1 maybe will be the only problem of the mapset. It will irritating the Player, if they don't learn the beatmap out.
But I didn't expect something different of AR3. ;D
lol yea

i made it too evil o.o
bomber34

Replay

My heart started to beat to the song. Awesome difficulty ^^
Bites
I know it's in the graveyard, but I really like this gimmick omfg <3
People are nuts~
Topic Starter
Soaprman
I'm glad you liked it! And thanks for posting. It's nice knowing that people actually do play my maps sometimes. :P

It's really too bad that the folks in charge don't want maps like this to be approved. I'm sure there are many people who would love this map if they knew it existed. Maybe someday things'll change...
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Storyboard updated to widescreen. Do a full redownload or just replace black.png in the beatmap folder with this one.

Topic Starter
Soaprman
I have reason to believe this stands a chance at being approved now, so might as well give it another shot! Mod posts welcome. :)
Stefan
I wish you the best Luck for getting this approved, since it deserves it sooo much.
Take a Star roar!
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Thanks! One step closer, I hope.

By the way, fixing the storyboard is on hold until this happens:

[23:15] <Soaprman> actually, can storyboards be done in full widescreen now, with cropping the sides for 4:3?
[23:24] <peppy> not just yet
[23:24] <peppy> i'll try and get that in for the next version

I'd like to wait for that so I can do a full widescreen black effect... it'll be so much nicer than having black bars on the sides. The rest of the map is moddable just fine, of course!

haha wow, gj at those timestamps, forum post formatting!
SuperMoutarde
Hi, from my modding, queue ^^

[General]

Love it :) Great idea, I'm not the one who can tell if it's rankable or not, but here's a little mod, this is all suggestion, sorry if bad ideas

[Normal]

No special comment, looks good and fun. Maybe you should also map an easy diff, as these streams will be hard for new players

[Hard]

Overall maybe there many streams of circles (1/2 streams) that could be replaced by streams of short sliders instead, because it's the sliders that are the more fun with your map ^^

00:37:178 (3,4,5) - add circle at 00:37:291 and one at 00:37:515 ? or add a slider with repeat to follow this rythm? It's a shame these notes aren't mapped imo and this is hard diff so np

00:38:974 (3,4,5) - ^

[Insane]

No comment, looks good, maybe same thing as in Hard about the streams

[AR3'S TAG1]

God, this is evil xD the fake notes are so evil, especially when followed by real without hitsounds, I'm not sure if this can get approved xD I can't mod this, like this is impossible but it is on purpose so what can I say? gj, btw, very well done

[Ignore's Bonus]

No comment, very nice map, actually playable, and with nice sound effect with the light

Very good maps overall, super fun to play, congrats to all mappers! maybe it's not good for ranked but can still get approved, I'm not sure what's the difference in criteria exactly though... Sorry for not finding much, you don't have to kudos this post if not helpful ^^ gl with this!
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Good idea with the additional circles on Hard. Definitely going with that. Not sure why I never thought of that sooner. :P

I used to have more sliders in Hard (including some slider streams where there are 1/4s in Insane), but they played kind of awkwardly and gave the map a bit of a "trying to be Insane but not really" feel which I try to avoid.

TAG1 is ridiculous, and it makes an already goofy mapset even goofier. I love it.

Not sure the set really needs an Easy... though I don't know a lot about the playerbase, I'd imagine that there's not a lot of overlap between total beginners and people who'd play gimmick maps. Might tone down that 00:36:954 (2) part though. I'll think about it.

Thanks for coming by! The approval distinction is kind of nebulous right now; the written statement says it's only for 6+ minute "marathon" maps but BlythE got approved recently without any stated policy change on gimmick maps. So I'm curious about whether there is indeed a policy change or if BlythE's approval was an "ok ok I see the stars you win fine here's your approval". We'll see.
NewRulerNA
hi
found many issues. if i write red, you must fix it.

[General]
  1. preview time is not same between diffs. you must adjust it.
  2. "black.png" is too large. you must resize 640x480 (or 800x600).
  3. Each map must use at least two different combo colors. in addition, these combo colors did not visible.
    Combo1 : 128,128,128
    Combo2 : 64,64,64
    try these combo colors.
[SB]
  1. "black.png" is not snapped. this is rankable, but I guess this is mistake.
    Sprite,Foreground,Centre,"black.png",320,240
    L,1475,270
    F,0,0,,0,1
    F,0,898,,1,0
    F,0,1796,,0,1
    try this.
[Insane]
  1. 00:35:717 (4) - unsnaped note
  2. 00:36:054 (6) - ^
[AR3'S TAG1]
  1. hitsounds must be audible. many 0% voulumes are issue. you must change 10% or more.
I felt this map have good sense. but It also had a problem simultaneously. :(
Topic Starter
Soaprman

NewRulerNA wrote:

hi
found many issues. if i write red, you must fix it.

[General]
  1. preview time is not same between diffs. you must adjust it.
    Nice catch. I always forget to look for this in my guest diffs. Fixed.
  2. "black.png" is too large. you must resize 640x480 (or 800x600).
    Fixed as well.
  3. Each map must use at least two different combo colors. in addition, these combo colors did not visible.
    Combo1 : 128,128,128
    Combo2 : 64,64,64
    try these combo colors.
    This is no accident. It's the entire inspiration behind this map, and I will not budge on this, even if it means the map can't be approved.
[SB]
  1. "black.png" is not snapped. this is rankable, but I guess this is mistake.
    Sprite,Foreground,Centre,"black.png",320,240
    L,1475,270
    F,0,0,,0,1
    F,0,898,,1,0
    F,0,1796,,0,1
    try this.
Done. I know next to nothing about storyboarding, but this seems to do the same job with less syntax, so I'll trust you on this one. :P

[Insane]
  1. 00:35:717 (4) - unsnaped note
  2. 00:36:054 (6) - ^
Not sure how that happened, but these are fixed now.

[AR3'S TAG1]
  1. hitsounds must be audible. many 0% voulumes are issue. you must change 10% or more.
This is a cool effect. I'm going to keep it.

I felt this map have good sense. but It also had a problem simultaneously. :(
Thanks for coming by. Don't worry. I'm not some lunatic who thinks black on black is normally a good idea. I always ignore the rules when I map and just make what I feel like making, but I wouldn't ask people to mod a map if I didn't think it was worth approving. I'm hoping the weather's nice enough that this can get approved.

I don't know if you modded the actual mapping or not, but it's cool that all the errors you found were technical instead of about the mapping. :P

As a side note, I'm going to play around with the storyboard a bit to see if I can eliminate the "line" on the side. If anyone happens to wander by and knows how to do it and I haven't succeeded yet, please let me know!

Done. Storyboard's even better now. I still wish it would work in widescreen, though. The image is in widescreen resolution for when that time comes. I also changed Normal a bit based on SuperMoutarde's post earlier.
Low
Hey, I'm just stopping by to tell you how cool your map is and give you some feedback.

I think this map is really creative and fun, I really do. I'm also going to give you a difficulty by difficulty analysis on the map with the storyboard to make things simpler. (I'm using the default skin while doing this.)

Normal - Simple enough. Well mapped. Easy to read, but I'm an advanced player. I'm not to sure about how a player with lower levels of experience would do on this.
Hard - The difficulty with the least amount of concerns in my opinion. Seems pretty readable and fun to me.
Insane - This seems readable for the most part. However, the entire diamond/square part (00:22:133 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) and on) tripped me up in terms of being able to read it while playing it for the first time. It still kind of messed me up on the second and third tries.
ignore's Bonus - Unrankable (unapprovable?) hitsound volume. I really really like the atmosphere the hitsound volume gives it, but I'm afraid that might have to be turned up a bit to avoid further unrankability issues. However, I could read this perfectly fine.
AR3'S TAG1 - Disturbia 2.0. I love the creativity used in this difficulty. It's fun to look at, but honestly it's a complete readability nightmare. Sorry to be blunt, but I would never consider bubbling this mapset with this difficulty in it.

And that's about it. If you want me to do a full mod containing aesthetic and other issues, then you should message me sometime. Good luck. Take a star, it's well deserved.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Huh, I think that mod post didn't trigger the email notification for some reason. Good thing I decided to check the thread anyway!

Yeah, the diamond/square part I have doubts about too to be honest... I kind of like it but yeah, one or two circles are as good as impossible to see. I'll rearrange it a bit now that someone else has pointed it out.

Gonna keep the silenced sounds in ignore's diff. Though he's given me permission to make changes to his diff, the difference between 0% and 5% here is kind of big, and I wouldn't want to submit a map with his name on it if it's that different from what he intended to make. And if it turns out the black-on-black nonsense can be approved, I have trouble believing that 0% instead of 5% volume that plays along nicely is so much a stretch. :P

I'll hit up AR3 about the TAG1 sometime. There are a few parts that could definitely be made more readable (mainly toward the end). Gonna keep it in the mapset though for sure; it's too funny not to. Most people might not like it but it's a niche map in a niche mapset. :P

If it turns out the mapset still can't be approved, that's fine. It's not allowed under the ranking criteria as they're written now, that's for sure! The only reason I think I have a chance at all is because BlythE got approved, and because at least one person with a colored name has told me that it might be possible. If it's getting approved, though, it's with all the rule-breaking it already has (and more, if I think of any improvements that just happen to be unrankable). Going for all or nothing with this bad boy. :)

Thanks for swinging by, and I'm glad you liked the map!
bomber34
Tag1 is awesome >w<
Have to say though that Tag1 is also a case of VS should be locked. The map also feels really weird when you deactivate the SB.
I know your answer already Soaprman ^^
SuperMoutarde

Jacob wrote:

ignore's Bonus - Unrankable (unapprovable?) hitsound volume. I really really like the atmosphere the hitsound volume gives it, but I'm afraid that might have to be turned up a bit to avoid further unrankability issues. However, I could read this perfectly fine.
Isn't the point of the hitsound rule about gameplay more than anything? I also think that this diff plays very smoothly on first play, so following strictly the rule and declare this unrankable would really be a shame. This map is one of the very best I've seen in osu! and by far the most original, it needs to be ranked xD
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
laport
Playing this was an incredible experience, and brought back good SNES memories!
Topic Starter
Soaprman
In case anyone does swing by this thread, I should probably note that I'm more in the "can this be approved" phase still. I don't want to actually get this approved until widescreen storyboarding is supported if I can help it.

Also, I changed the 0% volume parts to 10% volume on AR3's TAG1 to give a bit of feedback. However, after some plays, I think the hard-to-read parts are more fun now than they would be if they were mapped in a more sane way, so I'm going to leave them as they are. The volume boost on the black sections should be enough compromise (since remembering the hitsounds can help you get farther in later attempts).
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Update: removed spinner skinning (new default looks better as you can see the background during the spinner) and made the followpoints invisible. Guess that's another rule broken? :D
Card N'FoRcE

Soaprman wrote:

Update: removed spinner skinning (new default looks better as you can see the background during the spinner) and made the followpoints invisible. Guess that's another rule broken? :D
I have an opinion about that.
Why don't you just make them black as well, instead?

That would be more fitting than just flat-out removing them.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
They are completely blacked out now. This is better than replacing them! They wouldn't be noticeable at all like this if it wasn't for the animation of them appearing. :P

By the way, I also tried using this one: which is also black but with a lightened border. This renders it visible at all times and looks neat but doesn't disappear when the screen goes black. Let me know if you have any opinions on using that one.
Ishmon
Don't give up hope This is a GREAT beatmap <3
Card N'FoRcE

Soaprman wrote:

They are completely blacked out now. This is better than replacing them! They wouldn't be noticeable at all like this if it wasn't for the animation of them appearing. :P

By the way, I also tried using this one: which is also black but with a lightened border. This renders it visible at all times and looks neat but doesn't disappear when the screen goes black. Let me know if you have any opinions on using that one.
Having the followpoints completely black makes them almost always invisible because the background itself is quite dark, so i agree that it's better to have them with a glow.
I'd make that glow more "subtle", though.
quaternary
<3

Really love Tag1. Took me a while to figure out the additional gimmick though - 2 gimmicks was too much for my puny brain :P
I like Jacob's comparison - Disturbia 2.0 :D

Best map ever

Oh - you might want to add the default numbers to the beatmap skin - my personal skin doesn't have any and it was, um, a unique challenge :P
failed101
This is a pretty unique map, I hope this gets ranked soon ^_^!
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Man, I had no idea people posted in here. I think the email notifications are broken...

I'm still not sure it can be ranked... BATs say it's possible but they never come by the thread and they never update the rules to make an allowance for maps like this so who knows?

I'll start bothering people with it some more though. :)

edit: updated map with no changes to get it to pending (as resurrecting a map moves it to WIP).
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Now that widescreen storyboarding is a thing, I'm working on getting this updated. Mainly figuring out how to cleanly update AR3's diff!
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Updating AR3's diff is on hold until the bugs get sorted out.

t/146664/start=0
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Now with working widescreen storyboard in all difficulties! #hip #groovy #keen
Kodora
That was IRCmod for Soapman's and ignore's diffs

SPOILER
19:52 Kodora: O_O
19:52 Kodora: oh my god Soapman
19:52 Soaprman: sup
19:54 Kodora: lol really didn't expec to meet such old names XD
19:55 Soaprman: it does seem like most of the people who were active when i joined aren't around anymore, lol
19:57 *Kodora is playing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136833 David Wise - Fear Factory [Insane]]
19:58 Soaprman: let me know what you think! it's not for everybody, but opinions on it are largely favorable (at least that i'm aware of)
19:58 Kodora: i feel timing a bit off in the end :<
19:59 Kodora: dont know why but notes feels later
19:59 Soaprman: hm, i'll double-check
19:59 Kodora: good old style :3
19:59 Soaprman: hell yeah. i'm no 2013 mapper
19:59 Kodora: also you can improve some slider-snape with new slider calculation
20:01 Kodora: for example
20:01 Kodora: 00:50:876 (6) -
20:02 Soaprman: i'll give that a shot, thanks
20:03 Kodora: 00:45:487 (3,4) -
20:03 Kodora: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1022663 maybe try this?
20:03 Kodora: www
20:04 Kodora: 00:52:672 (8,9) - also not symmetrial
20:05 Kodora: 01:06:145 (1,2) - i guess this blanket can be improved a bit
20:06 Kodora: most important - recheck timing pls :<
20:06 Kodora: also there are some problems with guest diffs
20:07 Kodora: of course i'm not a BAT, but anyway
20:08 Soaprman: not a problem at all. i'm fine with having things pointed out by anyone. though you're probably aware that anything unrankable is that way on purpose :p
20:08 Kodora: AR3's diff is brilliant XD
20:08 Kodora: yeah, there are some unrankable stuff in ignore's diff :(
20:08 Kodora: will you listen?
20:09 Soaprman: anything besides the volume?
20:09 Soaprman: the volume i'm aware of
20:09 Kodora: yea
20:09 Kodora: tickrate 0.5 not allowed anymore :(
20:10 Soaprman: alright, i'll see how tickrate 1 sounds on it and maybe try 5% volume instead of 0%
20:10 Soaprman: AR3's used to also do 0% but i moved that up because it really impacted playability
20:10 Kodora: volume never goes to 0% anymore
20:10 Kodora: even if you use this sections
20:10 Kodora: it will sounds as 5% anyway
20:10 Kodora: >_>
20:13 Kodora: also it's submitted for approval, yes?
20:13 Soaprman: yep
20:14 Kodora: there are actually some problems with storyboard :(
20:14 Kodora: uh i think you need some mods before get it approved
20:14 Soaprman: oh?
20:14 Soaprman: is it the way i did the blinking?
20:14 *Kodora is watching [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136478 David Wise - Fear Factory [AR3'S TAG1]] |Autoplay|
20:15 Kodora: AR233's storyboard
20:15 Soaprman: are the circles misplaced on it?
20:15 Soaprman: i'm still applying your suggestions for insane lol
20:16 Kodora: not only this, they stacks perfectly while stack leniency is 0.2 (so "real" circles don't stacks while storyboarded ones stacks perfectly)
20:16 Soaprman: that might have been intentional on his part, but i will take a look at it anyway
20:17 Kodora: you probably can talk to AR233
20:17 Kodora: he is active now and guess can fix it
20:18 Soaprman: yeah, if it needs fixed i'll hit him up. he knows storyboarding way better than i do
20:18 *Kodora is playing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136818 David Wise - Fear Factory [Hard]]
20:19 Kodora: Nothing really wrong, but there are some problems
20:19 Kodora: HP +1
20:19 Kodora: 00:04:394 (1,2) - yes, you probably can improve slider snape on this part too
20:21 Kodora: I'm not really fan of 2-reverse sliders but i guess that's intentional and not hurts a lot
20:21 Soaprman: how? i don't really want those circular (the endpoints do appear to mismatch by like 1px but that's imperceptible in gameplay)
20:22 Kodora: Ahh, then ok
20:22 Kodora: 00:50:876 (6) - but sliders like this must be fixed :(
20:22 Kodora: Estetical point, but
20:22 Kodora: :\
20:23 Soaprman: nah, i totally agre with fixing that one.
20:23 Soaprman: i'll fix it
20:23 Kodora: You can hide end of 00:52:672 (8) - under slidertrack of (6) (it's not perfectly hided for now)
20:24 Kodora: 00:52:672 (8,9) - and i actually suggest you use x1.20 spacing between those sliders
20:24 Kodora: it's just plays better
20:25 Soaprman: yep, fine with me
20:25 Soaprman: i'll move it right some too to flow better from the end of 8
20:25 Soaprman: and reshape it accordingluy
20:25 Kodora: 00:58:847 - 01:08:728 -
20:26 Kodora: you can try x1.20 spacing here too
20:26 Kodora: even if it is slowdown part it really plays better with more huge spacing
20:27 Kodora: there are actually some tiny grid issues - it's minor, but feels weird with x1.00 spacing :(
20:29 Kodora: also, why you choose black followpoints? They are invisible on black part of storyboard x.x
20:29 Soaprman: i think you just answered your own question :p
20:29 Kodora: 00:26:960 (6) - unsnapped sliderend o3o
20:30 Kodora: is this allowed :x
20:30 Soaprman: no idea
20:31 Soaprman: if things i do end up unrankable, i'm fine with that. i really just wish a BAT would give me a nice firm yes/no instead of leaving me hanging
20:31 *Kodora is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136819 David Wise - Fear Factory [Normal]]
20:31 Soaprman: i always get a dancing-around "that's what approval is for" answer
20:31 Kodora: sadly i must say new approval criteria not allowes to break rules
20:32 Kodora: also new approval criteria based only on drain time :<
20:32 Kodora: but since this map was submitted in 2011 you can approve it instead of ranking
20:32 Soaprman: and i kind of suspect when i finally DO get an answer it'll be that. but i have to at least try
20:33 Kodora: up to you, but i must say that just ranking would be easier since finding 2 BATs is less pain
20:33 Soaprman: well, the map was both unrankable and unapproveable when i first submitted it
20:34 Soaprman: either way is fine with me, the only categories as far as i'm concerned are ranked+approved and everything else
20:34 Kodora: All what i can consider as unrankable now is timing what feels extremely weird, tickrate 0.5 and 0% sections
20:34 Soaprman: one is visible to everyone, the other you have to dig for
20:34 Kodora: Not sure about followpoints
20:34 Kodora: at least for now people can just disable skin
20:35 Soaprman: yeah, visual settings can be used to render this a regular beatmap
20:35 Kodora: Normal have a bit too cruel settings for a normal
20:35 Kodora: I'd suggest AR -1 and OD -2
20:36 Soaprman: those are inflated intentionally
20:36 Soaprman: since the map is fudging with its own readbility, i chose settings that make accuracy matter more
20:36 Soaprman: that's also why insane has AR 9
20:36 Kodora: AR 9 is good
20:36 Kodora: but AR 6 in normal feels a bit too much
20:36 Soaprman: i prefer 8 on it as a normal map :p
20:36 Kodora: and OD is way too cruel
20:37 Kodora: i prefer higher AR for better readability
20:37 Soaprman: i'll go with AR - 1 and OD - 2 as you said
20:37 Kodora: x3 reverse sliders are annoying, but it's fine for approval (?)
20:38 Kodora: 00:45:038 (2,3) - i guess this blanket can be a bit better
20:38 Soaprman: imo whether AR 8 or 9 is more appropriate for insane depends on the mapping style. this map isn't as frantic as most insanes are nowadays
20:39 Soaprman: lol that wasn't meant to be a blanket, but i can see how it looks like it was
20:39 Soaprman: i'll fix the angle between 3's ends and 2
20:39 Kodora: i prefer higher AR just because it reads better :3
20:39 Kodora: 00:50:876 (6,7) - oops, hided reverse :(
20:39 Kodora: this is unrankable
20:39 Kodora: :(
20:40 Soaprman: that's subjective though. i find 8 to be every bit as readable as 9 :p
20:40 Kodora: you can make it overlap a bit if you want, but 100% hided is not allowed :(
20:40 Soaprman: what skin do you use? are your hitbursts transparent/translucent?
20:41 Kodora: yes
20:41 Kodora: 300 are transparent
20:41 Kodora: other are just to small
20:41 Soaprman: i'll check it with the default skin. that reverse arrow is not hidden to me
20:41 Soaprman: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1022737
20:42 Soaprman: is what i see
20:42 Soaprman: i know the default ones now are small and translucent, too
20:42 Kodora: that's hidden by hitbust :(
20:42 Kodora: rules wasn't changed according to new default skin
20:43 Kodora: just make it overlap a bit
20:43 Soaprman: hold on, restarting osu!
20:43 Soaprman: it's also not hidden anymore by the time you're halfway through the slider (which doesn't move terribly quickly)
20:44 Soaprman: i really, truly think it's fine. i'll keep it in the back of my head though. thanks for mentioning it anyway
20:46 Kodora: probably all from me for you'r diff o.o
20:46 Kodora: i'll post about guests in thread, they needs some fixing but all this minor
20:47 Soaprman: cool. post this chat too if you want to
20:47 Kodora: sure
20:47 Soaprman: ignore's given me permission to make changes on his behalf btw
20:48 Kodora: oh then i probably can say directly here
20:49 Soaprman: go for it
20:49 Kodora: i understand why ign used silent notes here, but.. this is not only not allowed anymore, this is even not works anymore
20:49 Kodora: notes still sounds
20:49 Soaprman: yeah, i'll change them to 5%
20:50 Kodora: raise all 30% sections to 50-60%
20:50 Kodora: silent notes probably should be raised at least to 15%
20:50 Kodora: or VATs will eat you
20:50 Kodora: *BAts
20:51 Soaprman: i'm not going to go above 5% unless a BAT tells me it's the difference between approved and graved :p
20:51 Kodora: 00:11:355 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i don't like spacing like this :(
20:51 Kodora: stack with (5) please?
20:52 Kodora: 00:13:151 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - same here, this is just plays bad
20:53 Kodora: 01:03:451 - add note for rhythm?
20:54 Kodora: 01:16:026 (1,2,3,4,5) - same as above
20:54 Kodora: 01:17:822 (1,2,3,4,5) -
20:54 Soaprman: on those first two, i think having the (5) separate from (1,2,3,4) makes it more readable. i'll play with it some though
20:54 Kodora: nothing really wrong, only this
20:54 Kodora: also maybe HP -1?
20:54 Kodora: 8 feels too drastic at slowdowns
20:55 Kodora: and you must change tickrate
20:55 Soaprman: <Kodora> 01:03:451 - add note for rhythm?
20:55 Soaprman: done
20:55 Soaprman: and yeah, tickrate is 1 now
20:56 *Kodora is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136478 David Wise - Fear Factory [AR3'S TAG1]]
20:56 Kodora: did you got permissin to fix AR233's diff?
20:57 Soaprman: smaller things, though i'd prefer to leave it to him
20:57 Kodora: then i'll post in thread about it
20:57 Soaprman: alright
20:59 Kodora: oh yes add audio lead-in 2000 in all diffs
20:59 Kodora: 1500 too short
20:59 Kodora: and some diffs missing even this
21:00 Soaprman: alright
21:00 Kodora: also you need to recompress blackoutbasement.jpg to .png - it's all just to reduse filesize blame rules
21:01 Kodora: and... if you going to use your black followpoint you need to complete your skin
21:01 Kodora: single followpoint usage is not allowed

[AR233]

*There are some issues in storyboard: fake notes stacks perfectly as if they using stack 0 while real notes stacks as usual
*Tickrate 0.5 is not allowed anymore, you must change it
*Also how about make storyboarded hitsounds for fake notes? XD

1. 00:22:582 (4,5) - Would be better if you perfectly hide it under sliderend
  2. 00:31:565 (1,2,3,4,5) - Storyboarded part looks a bit off. Actually, you can add NC on storyboarded notes and to 00:32:014 (3) - , or else fake notes looks weird
  3. 00:32:912 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - same here ^
  4. 00:42:343 (1) - I believe this slider should starts earlier, but this is most likely timing issue, Also, you can add slowdown on it.
  5. 00:50:876 (5,1,2,3) - Storyboard issue again :(
  6. 00:54:918 (1) - This note looks a bit off from stream
  7. 00:57:612 (1) - hide fake note perfectly under slidertrack?
  8. 01:13:331 (1,2) - Please remove finishes
  9. 01:19:057 (5) - Add finish to the end of slider?
Good luck. Awesome map!
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
fixed -> http://puu.sh/4Jwj4.osu

The storyboard issues is because the editor has an offset, the position will be correct in play mode 0,0
Kodora

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

The storyboard issues is because the editor has an offset, the position will be correct in play mode 0,0
I'm talking not about this

Not sure if it easy to fix, but fake notes seems not lined up with stream, which looks really weird (not only on this part actually).

Actually still stacking problem on fake notes :(
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
o.o storyboard is in a lower layer than the hitobjects, i think it's not possible to fix .-.
Kodora
what if just line up hitobjects to storyboard by disabled grid snap, that's seems more possible & easier to do nvm, you probably should change placement for this case :V
show more