Best rpg games!!! any console

posted
Total Posts
217
show more
Azure_Kite
I'm just gonna say this.

* The Pokemon Series
* Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep
* Valkyria Chronicles (Playing II now)
* Just about anything Shin Megami Tensei
Pokebis
I don't have favorites, but it seems nobody has pointed out the MOTHER series.
Now somebody has.
SushiMe
Personally i like the Tales series. :)
Bestelle

Pokebis wrote:

I don't have favorites, but it seems nobody has pointed out the MOTHER series.
Now somebody has.
And this is what happens when my memory is shit. Thanks for reminding, Pokebis.
Mogsy
  1. Pokemon series
  2. Shin Megami Tensei series (top marks of mine going to Devil Survivor)
  3. Mother series
  4. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (technically, I'd say the whole series, but eh, I'd include most of the expanded NIS universe)
  5. Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  6. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
  7. Fire Emblem 7
  8. Final Fantasy IX
  9. Deus Ex


Only one Western RPG on my list, but eh. It's Deus Ex, how could I say no?
Gomo Psivarh
I love Golden Sun and Lufia 2 :)
Lilac
Etrian Odyssey series for the DS... ONE OF THE BEST JRPGs I have ever played.

...But I haven't played a lot so eh.
Rantai

Lilac wrote:

Etrian Odyssey series for the DS... ONE OF THE BEST JRPGs I have ever played.

...But I haven't played a lot so eh.
That's the one, I knew I was missing something.
Azure_Kite

Mogsworth wrote:

  1. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (technically, I'd say the whole series, but eh, I'd include most of the expanded NIS universe)
I am ashame. How the hell did I forget disgaea?
Jarby
I really enjoyed Grandia II despite it being pretty low-key and/or clearly flawed in many aspects. That's the only important game for me that I can remember that hasn't already been brought up in this thread. I should get around to playing the other games in the series.
Mogsy

Jarby wrote:

I really enjoyed Grandia II despite it being pretty low-key and/or clearly flawed in many aspects. That's the only important game for me that I can remember that hasn't already been brought up in this thread. I should get around to playing the other games in the series.
Grandia II is pretty much the only one that was worth it, IMO. The story was at its lowest in III, but it had pretty fun combat. I is just dated nowadays.
Sallad4ever
1. Chrono Cross (why did no one mention this :()
2. Persona series (P3 Fes is my fave)
3. Tales series (between Tales of destiny and Tales of symphonia)
Lilac
Apparently Persona is almost impossible to get here...

...What now, Mogsy?
adam2046

Lilac wrote:

Apparently Persona is almost impossible to get here...

...What now, Mogsy?
What.
Lilac
Oh you adam.

...Do you know where to get a copy?
adam2046
Everything's available on Ebay (and cheaper if you import from the UK).
Although, I bought my copy of Persona 3 from a (now closed) Gametraders. Persona 1 for PSP came from Play Asia.
I would think there's still some Persona 4 copies floating about in normal brick and mortar stores too (But still probably cheaper on Ebay).
Lilac
If you can tell me exactly where they are...

...I will respect you forever...I mean, I already do...but like... You know. T_T
adam2046
I don't really have control over the distribution of slightly obscure JRPGs in Australia...

On a more on topic note, Planescape Torment (which I have yet to finish due to a wrecked disc).
Nethack.
Oblivion.
Also agree on Disgaea.

Honorable mentions to Monster Hunter series, Wizardry style games (EO, Dark Spire, Class of Heroes etc), FF as a whole and SMT (because it's taking forever to get through any of the games).

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier is probably the most fun RPG I've played on DS so far.
SushiMe
1.Tales of Symphonia
2.Disgaea 2 & Afternoon of Darkness
3.Dragon Quest 8
4. .Hack//GU
5. .Hack//infection
6. Final Fantasy Crisis Core
7. Breath of Fire 3 & 4
:)
Lilac
adam also reminded me to get The Dark Spire...

...Though I dislike the old visual style, gameplay seems sort of alright. Enough for me to actually get it...
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply