forum

Best rpg games!!! any console

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vext_old
I don't think a single person said Agarest War or Spectral Force, for shame.
Also not nearly enough love for Rune Factory.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Final Fantasy Tactics
That game was great. =) Beat it so many times. Made sure my team had two summoners. OP!

Crescent- wrote:

Tales series (Abyss story-wise and Graces gameplay-wise)
I actually just finished Graces f but I'd say I prefer Vesperia's graphics. Maybe that's just me.
Crestallia

Justykanna wrote:

Crescent- wrote:

Tales series (Abyss story-wise and Graces gameplay-wise)
I actually just finished Graces f but I'd say I prefer Vesperia's graphics. Maybe that's just me.
I loved the CC system that Graces used (currently playing Graces f as well, just before L&L final boss), graphics-wise, I agree Vesperia's better.
Justykanna

Crescent- wrote:

I loved the CC system that Graces used (currently playing Graces f as well, just before L&L final boss), graphics-wise, I agree Vesperia's better.
I play all the Tales games with my sister (who is usually the protagonist) and the CC system definitely benefited both of us because A) She usually spams skills and runs out of SP quickly and B) She doesn't evade a lot so with the CC system, I could spam heal her. CC system kind of backfired in that sense because unless the boss battles had adds (such as Kurt, who we struggled mightily on), the battles are too easy.
So while I liked it, I preferred SP.
Graces f had a giant down on camera work. My character would get cut off the screen because the AI would sit at the opposite end of the arena and I'd be at the other beating on the enemies with no chance to guard and evade because I can't see them. -_-
Crestallia

Justykanna wrote:

Crescent- wrote:

I play all the Tales games with my sister (who is usually the protagonist) and the CC system definitely benefited both of us because A) She usually spams skills and runs out of SP quickly and B) She doesn't evade a lot so with the CC system, I could spam heal her. CC system kind of backfired in that sense because unless the boss battles had adds (such as Kurt, who we struggled mightily on), the battles are too easy.
So while I liked it, I preferred SP.
Graces f had a giant down on camera work. My character would get cut off the screen because the AI would sit at the opposite end of the arena and I'd be at the other beating on the enemies with no chance to guard and evade because I can't see them. -_-
Yea camera's annoying sometimes, though i usually use Pascal and have the camera on the enemy, so not much of a problem for me since she needs to be around enemies anyways (barring Celestial Eight/Bloodflamme). The enemies are supposed to be easy, the difficulty really spikes on some bosses such as Kurt and the boar on Mt.Zavhert anyways. Have you challenged the Rockgagong btw?
Defiantzz
Seems silly to leave out PC seeing as it's a Gaming Console in it's own right, so I'm leaving it in there ;)

5. Tales Series (Abyss and Vesperia in-particular)

4. FF Series (I, II, III, and VII)

3. Dragon Quest IX

2. Pokémon

- I find it hard to call it a proper RPG because on the outside it's very simple, but when you go competitive it adds a whole new layer to the role playing element as there are a lot of hidden gameplay elements you can't easily spot if you don't go into the competitive scene. If it weren't for the simplicity on the outside I'd have put this as number 1!

1. Elder Scrolls series (PC iterations)

- Born on the PC, and still to this day the PC version is the best platform for this series. The amount of hours I've poured into this series goes to show how amazing, immersive and expansive it is. Skyrim is my personal favourite, followed by Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall, then Arena (Yes I've even played the old DOSBox ones!)
Justykanna

Crescent- wrote:

Yea camera's annoying sometimes, though i usually use Pascal and have the camera on the enemy, so not much of a problem for me since she needs to be around enemies anyways (barring Celestial Eight/Bloodflamme). The enemies are supposed to be easy, the difficulty really spikes on some bosses such as Kurt and the boar on Mt.Zavhert anyways. Have you challenged the Rockgagong btw?
It's different when you're not playing with someone. We have the camera set for the enemy but it still tries to sqeeze in everyone. -_-
The boar we didn't have any issues on, just Kurt, because the adds would always target our healers.
No, we haven't done any of the extras yet. We just started the after story, actually.

Defiantzz wrote:

Seems silly to leave out PC seeing as it's a Gaming Console in it's own right, so I'm leaving it in there ;)

5. Tales Series (Abyss and Vesperia in-particular)

4. FF Series (I, II, III, and VII)

3. Dragon Quest IX

2. Pokémon
Tales is my favourite RPG series, Vesperia being my favourite. I played Abyss for N3DS and I felt it to be slightly overrated. All the skills active at once is a little OP and Luke's voice actor pisses me off. I think my 2nd favourite Tales is Dawn of the New World... partly because I'm a Marta fan. xD
I think FFV was my favourite with VII not far behind. I despised II and III out the butt. Couldn't bring myself to finish either
Dragon Quest IX was amazing, I really loved it. Played it through twice and played through a lot of the after game stuff. I kept running out of money because I kept spending it on the items you get through the internet. =(
Never actually played Elder Scrolls. I mainly use PC for multiplayer stuff and N3DS for singe player games.
friendok55
Dark Souls
-Athena-

friendok55 wrote:

Dark Souls
Coming to PC.
My body is ready.
Stefan
Pokemon and the Mario & Luigi RPG Series.
Hi friendok
thelewa

-Athena- wrote:

friendok55 wrote:

Dark Souls
Coming to PC.
My body is ready.
I wouldn't expect it to be that good
Saso-Hikage
Pokemon, Final Fantasy and especially the Tales of Series :)
felipepr
-Persona 3
-Persona 4
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-Final Fantasy 7
Ryviria
Ar Tonelico~!
Atelier Series :D
Ryviria
And Tales of series XD
Justykanna

Ryviria wrote:

Atelier Series :D

Ryviria wrote:

And Tales of series XD
You're my hero. =O
Skywards_old
Tales and FF
Elder scrolls also
skywind08
I Will Only Pick One...

LEGEND OF MANA

My Best Since Played In PS1 (Now Playing In PSX Emulator)

Oh Yeah, Forget 1 More

Ar Tonelico 1, 2, 3

The Game Songs Are Awesome And Beautiful... :oops:
-Napoleon-
PS3:
Final Fantasy 8

PC:
Persona 4

Xbox:
I don't have D;

Wii:
I don't have D:

PSP (First verison,GO,Vita):
I don't have any version D;

Nintendo:
Mario & Luigi Browser's inside story
laport
I hate rpg's more than anything, but I love the sony gran turismo series where you play the role of a race driver on playstation console
Suzu_old_1
Final Fantasy 13 on PS3 (^_^)
hinamizawan
Pokémon series, except spin-offs and B/W.
Dafydd
Driver is a good rpg game. huehuehue
bagiaaa
I don't mostly play RPGs but maybe I'll go for Legend Of The Dragoons (PSX) and FF VII Crisis Core (PSP)
jordan_sparkes
Western RPG's - Skyrim, Fallout, Dragon Age

J-RPG's - Star Ocean TLH, Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2, Eternal Sonata
Cytex
My favorite RPG ever has to be Baten Kaitos on the gamecube.
Deni
Final Fantasy VII

Playstation 1 :)
Aoriki
I would have to say (for me at lest) is Final Fantasy 6 (Ps1) and Tales of Phantasia (SNES) :>
tyrael6192
I can't remember whether I posted this here or not, but 'The Last Story' for the Wii is definitely worth playing.
SuzumiyaBR
Pokemon , Monster Rancher , YuGiOh , Elder Scroll
Justykanna

Cytex wrote:

I forgot about that game! =O
That was such a great game! I spent soooo much time into it. My sister in law actually has had the second game but I never got around to playing it.
Kazuo
chrono trigger
Cytex

Justykanna wrote:

Cytex wrote:

I forgot about that game! =O
That was such a great game! I spent soooo much time into it. My sister in law actually has had the second game but I never got around to playing it.
ahaha, nice to see some Baten Kaitos fans =P Meh....The first game is way better than the second (imo), but still a good game nonetheless, I hated how they completely changed the battle system in the second. Really wish they would make a third game already :/
Justykanna

Cytex wrote:

ahaha, nice to see some Baten Kaitos fans =P Meh....The first game is way better than the second (imo), but still a good game nonetheless, I hated how they completely changed the battle system in the second. Really wish they would make a third game already :/
Yeah, I heard the first one was much better but I also heard it was different. Different =/= worse.
My favourite character was Lyude, though I don't remember why at the moment. Having two of the opposite element in the deck was stupid, yet I did it anyway... Didn't gather enough cards to only have one element in his deck. -_-
Doodle99
So... It's so difficult.

5. FF IV. Ds

4. Pokémon, Ds.

3. Skyrim all consoles, but I not have it.

2. The last Story. Wii

1. Final Fantasy VII. Ps1.

:3
jujugasms
ps3:
dragon age origins
oblivion AND skyrim
final fantasy xiii
final fantasy xiii-2

ps2:
ffx
the whole xenosaga series
persona 3+4
ffxii
kh+kh2

I'd list other consoles but I could go on forever.
tyrael6192

jujugasms wrote:

ps3:
dragon age origins
oblivion AND skyrim
final fantasy xiii
final fantasy xiii-2

ps2:
ffx
the whole xenosaga series
persona 3+4
ffxii
kh+kh2

I'd list other consoles but I could go on forever.
I support this list
blissfulyoshi
If I have to name the best RPG I played so far, it will have to be a tossup between Xenoblade Chronicles and Tales of Xillia (there seems to be no Xillia love here)

Xenoblade: It felt like I was walking in an MMO with a decent story and environement. I had monsters living all around me. I can fight truckloads of minibosses, and constantly scream out my techniques. I didn't have to wonder how much further I had to walk like in Skyrim (there are mods to fix this, but I found the realism annoying). I also had a plethora of quest they built into their own side stories. It was definitely a unique game for me (I still need to Last Story to see how other Wii rpgs compare)

Tales of Xillia: One of the few Tales of games that provided me with some difficulty that was still fun, albeit some of the ways used to increase difficulty were absolutely stupid (I can't combo a boss for more than 10 hits....what?). Still, the final boss's dungeon, fight, and character were all great, and probably created my favorite Tales of final boss to date. Beyond that, standard Tales of fare with a few things I wished were improved (ToG sidestepping, ToG hi-ougis, a more flushed out secret dungeon), but I can really look pass those because the main story line experience felt amazing. (I actually haven't played as many tales of games as I should, and the ones I have are sort of a weird set. Played: ToP, ToE, ToS, ToS:R, ToI, ToH, ToG, ToX, TotW3 (no RM))

Best RPG to teach the Hero's Journey: Baten Kaitos Origins (If you don't know what the hero's journey is, look it up)

Seriously, the game follows the Hero's Journey down to the letter it seems. You have a mysterious even call you to action, but your current position holds you down. Eventaully you escape and try to fix the problem you find, but you fail 3 times. After 3 times, your character turns emo and you can actually decide if you want the game to end their or choose to come back with new powers needed to save the world...
Aoriki

blissfulyoshi wrote:

If I have to name the best RPG I played so far, it will have to be a tossup between Xenoblade Chronicles and Tales of Xillia (there seems to be no Xillia love here)

Tales of Xillia: One of the few Tales of games that provided me with some difficulty that was still fun, albeit some of the ways used to increase difficulty were absolutely stupid (I can't combo a boss for more than 10 hits....what?). Still, the final boss's dungeon, fight, and character were all great, and probably created my favorite Tales of final boss to date. Beyond that, standard Tales of fare with a few things I wished were improved (ToG sidestepping, ToG hi-ougis, a more flushed out secret dungeon), but I can really look pass those because the main story line experience felt amazing. (I actually haven't played as many tales of games as I should, and the ones I have are sort of a weird set. Played: ToP, ToE, ToS, ToS:R, ToI, ToH, ToG, ToX, TotW3 (no RM))
Ah, someone actually plays Xillia ; - ; (awesome)

I know for a fact that Xillia became one of the hardest Tales games ever made (Well, I think ToP still the hardest) and with the 2nd one coming out, it'd be a new challenge. I need to get my copy soon but I've seen friend's play it and made me jelly. Sadly, in Japanese and a script in there hand to understand the game.
Justykanna

Aoriki wrote:

Ah, someone actually places Xillia ; - ; (awesome)
Huge Tales fan here but Xillia is not out in North America yet, which might be why it hasn't been mentioned. At least from me.
show more