forum

Best rpg games!!! any console

posted
Total Posts
show more
monochromesandwich
Shin Megami Tensei series. Digital Devil Saga and Persona 3, the best JRPGs i've ever played.
Atlus FTW.
Rick--
God of War...i like this game :D
Haseo_old

black_jaw wrote:

God of War
Not a RPG, but it's decent enough.

Go try Radiant Historia.
Larousse_old
Digimon World 2 (ps1)
Digimon World 3 (ps1)
Demon's Souls (ps3)
Dark Souls (ps3/xbox360)
DerekMcD

Look what I got today.
ampzz
Final Fantasy VIII 12 years running.
Vicho
Corpse Party: Blood Covered -w-
Haseo_old

Larousse wrote:

Digimon World 1 (ps1)
Digimon World 3 (ps1)
Fixed.
OmNii_old
Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.
Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger.
Sora no Kiseki: Trails Series.
Digital Devil Saga.
Persona 3.
hoihoisoi
Brave Fencer Musashi
Rey Fullbuster
Kingdom Hearts II for PS2

and Fate/Extra for PSP
Dieathan
Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii (Remind me why NOA didn't care about this game getting a US release)
Chrono Trigger for SNES/PSX/DS/Virtual Console/PSN
Rantai

Dieathan wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii (Remind me why NOA didn't care about this game getting a US release)
Ahh I just started playing that. Damn it's good.
l MyZtiC l
Pokemon series and Final Fantasy Series
My Childhood Right Here :)
nomen
Oh there was one fukin awesome rpg game on PS2 and I can't remember how it was called. I just remember I really enjoyned it. I believe it orginally was japanese.
tyrael6192

l MyZtiC l wrote:

Pokemon series and Final Fantasy Series
My Childhood Right Here :)
^^ <3
rust45

nomen19 wrote:

Oh there was one fukin awesome rpg game on PS2 and I can't remember how it was called. I just remember I really enjoyned it. I believe it orginally was japanese.
So pretty much more than half of the PS2 library?
nomen

rust45 wrote:

nomen19 wrote:

So pretty much more than half of the PS2 library?
I remember it was called Dark Cloud 2 or Dark Chronicles 2, well both.
Ivalset
Dark Cloud 2 owns, that's a pretty good pick.
Justykanna

Ivalset wrote:

Dark Cloud 2 owns, that's a pretty good pick.
Good choice, I loved that game. First one was good too. Repair Powder just pissed me off on a regular basis.
I liked the whole part of building the towns too. xD

I'd say for the most part I'm a JRPG nut so I'd have to go with Tales of Vesperia as my favourite. My sister and I have played many of the Tales games through together and beaten them all and gotten craploads of extras done. Vesperia was perfect in my eyes, really. Gonna hard to get a game out that beats it in my eyes. ; )
Suzu_old_1
The Last Story (Wii) and Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) :D
Pizzicato

hoihoisoi wrote:

Brave Fencer Musashi
Haseo_old

Pizzicato wrote:

hoihoisoi wrote:

Brave Fencer Musashi
Also Romancing SaGa.
mathexpert
mother/earthbound is god tier.
Charok
Dark Cloud 2 was great. Valkyria Chronicles was also great.

Final Fantasy series was generally great, too.
YodaSnipe
I LOVED Valkyria Chronicles, but I'd be hard-pressed to put it as one of the best...
Vulf
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Final Fantasy Tactics

Old titles with a good replay value.
YodaSnipe

Vulf wrote:

Final Fantasy Tactics

Old titles with a good replay value.
Indeed.
Crestallia
Final Fantasy IX
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and Disgaea 2 (or DHD)
Tales series (Abyss story-wise and Graces gameplay-wise)
Legend of Legaia
silmarilen
golden sun
Vext_old
I don't think a single person said Agarest War or Spectral Force, for shame.
Also not nearly enough love for Rune Factory.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Final Fantasy Tactics
That game was great. =) Beat it so many times. Made sure my team had two summoners. OP!

Crescent- wrote:

I actually just finished Graces f but I'd say I prefer Vesperia's graphics. Maybe that's just me.
Crestallia

Justykanna wrote:

Crescent- wrote:

I actually just finished Graces f but I'd say I prefer Vesperia's graphics. Maybe that's just me.
I loved the CC system that Graces used (currently playing Graces f as well, just before L&L final boss), graphics-wise, I agree Vesperia's better.
Justykanna

Crescent- wrote:

I loved the CC system that Graces used (currently playing Graces f as well, just before L&L final boss), graphics-wise, I agree Vesperia's better.
I play all the Tales games with my sister (who is usually the protagonist) and the CC system definitely benefited both of us because A) She usually spams skills and runs out of SP quickly and B) She doesn't evade a lot so with the CC system, I could spam heal her. CC system kind of backfired in that sense because unless the boss battles had adds (such as Kurt, who we struggled mightily on), the battles are too easy.
So while I liked it, I preferred SP.
Graces f had a giant down on camera work. My character would get cut off the screen because the AI would sit at the opposite end of the arena and I'd be at the other beating on the enemies with no chance to guard and evade because I can't see them. -_-
Crestallia

Justykanna wrote:

Crescent- wrote:

I play all the Tales games with my sister (who is usually the protagonist) and the CC system definitely benefited both of us because A) She usually spams skills and runs out of SP quickly and B) She doesn't evade a lot so with the CC system, I could spam heal her. CC system kind of backfired in that sense because unless the boss battles had adds (such as Kurt, who we struggled mightily on), the battles are too easy.
So while I liked it, I preferred SP.
Graces f had a giant down on camera work. My character would get cut off the screen because the AI would sit at the opposite end of the arena and I'd be at the other beating on the enemies with no chance to guard and evade because I can't see them. -_-
Yea camera's annoying sometimes, though i usually use Pascal and have the camera on the enemy, so not much of a problem for me since she needs to be around enemies anyways (barring Celestial Eight/Bloodflamme). The enemies are supposed to be easy, the difficulty really spikes on some bosses such as Kurt and the boar on Mt.Zavhert anyways. Have you challenged the Rockgagong btw?
Defiantzz
Seems silly to leave out PC seeing as it's a Gaming Console in it's own right, so I'm leaving it in there ;)

5. Tales Series (Abyss and Vesperia in-particular)

4. FF Series (I, II, III, and VII)

3. Dragon Quest IX

2. Pokémon

- I find it hard to call it a proper RPG because on the outside it's very simple, but when you go competitive it adds a whole new layer to the role playing element as there are a lot of hidden gameplay elements you can't easily spot if you don't go into the competitive scene. If it weren't for the simplicity on the outside I'd have put this as number 1!

1. Elder Scrolls series (PC iterations)

- Born on the PC, and still to this day the PC version is the best platform for this series. The amount of hours I've poured into this series goes to show how amazing, immersive and expansive it is. Skyrim is my personal favourite, followed by Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall, then Arena (Yes I've even played the old DOSBox ones!)
Justykanna

Crescent- wrote:

Yea camera's annoying sometimes, though i usually use Pascal and have the camera on the enemy, so not much of a problem for me since she needs to be around enemies anyways (barring Celestial Eight/Bloodflamme). The enemies are supposed to be easy, the difficulty really spikes on some bosses such as Kurt and the boar on Mt.Zavhert anyways. Have you challenged the Rockgagong btw?
It's different when you're not playing with someone. We have the camera set for the enemy but it still tries to sqeeze in everyone. -_-
The boar we didn't have any issues on, just Kurt, because the adds would always target our healers.
No, we haven't done any of the extras yet. We just started the after story, actually.

Defiantzz wrote:

Seems silly to leave out PC seeing as it's a Gaming Console in it's own right, so I'm leaving it in there ;)

5. Tales Series (Abyss and Vesperia in-particular)

4. FF Series (I, II, III, and VII)

3. Dragon Quest IX

2. Pokémon
Tales is my favourite RPG series, Vesperia being my favourite. I played Abyss for N3DS and I felt it to be slightly overrated. All the skills active at once is a little OP and Luke's voice actor pisses me off. I think my 2nd favourite Tales is Dawn of the New World... partly because I'm a Marta fan. xD
I think FFV was my favourite with VII not far behind. I despised II and III out the butt. Couldn't bring myself to finish either
Dragon Quest IX was amazing, I really loved it. Played it through twice and played through a lot of the after game stuff. I kept running out of money because I kept spending it on the items you get through the internet. =(
Never actually played Elder Scrolls. I mainly use PC for multiplayer stuff and N3DS for singe player games.
friendok55
Dark Souls
-Athena-

friendok55 wrote:

Dark Souls
Coming to PC.
My body is ready.
Stefan
Pokemon and the Mario & Luigi RPG Series.
Hi friendok
show more