Taiko World Cup : Last Man Standing 3! [Winner : Japan A!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Niko-nyan
LOL tsubaki on HR again like twc and last year's LMS i hope someone pick this
Topic Starter
Backfire
Well there is a lot of news to handle right now, and I'm not sure how happy some of you will be about it.

The osu! staff has informed us that, well, we aren't allowed to have badges because of the move to the new website. Currently, I don't know what other prizes we can provide. Maybe they have some other kind of prize? Needless to say we would have one if this didn't happen, but still, I digress. Supporter will still be provided by the osu!staff.

I will probably have to take something out of pocket to provide an adequate prize. I feel very upset to those who joined hoping to get a badge, we really thought we would get one but I guess no one will get badges for anything else either it seems. I mean we did make good on the fact that we said prizes aren't final, we just kind of hoped for the badge. I will make sure the winners get something extra, at least, i'm sorry. We will come up with a solution before the tournament ends. If you are wondering what i'm talking about, check out tasuke's profile on the new website.

https://new.ppy.sh/u/2774767#osu

You can see, his badges are nowhere to be found. So as of current, we must come up with a new solution. Rest assured, winning LMS will still be a worthwhile thing to strive for. We will make things right, at least, we hope. I am sorry for those of you who may be upset about this, I am just as upset.

Currently there will be 22 teams after eliminations, so I wanted to make note, to the remaining teams, there is still individual players left.
I'll show a list and if your team has some space on it, you can consider asking them to join you, I will allow roster changes until June 11th due to this. We want everyone to be able to play! You can still sign up as a team, please make it a round number at 24 if you can find SOMEONE in your country who will participate. Thank you!

*Small Note* There was more originally but they all ended up joining teams anyway. This is just who is left.
Warfu
Actually, I forgot about the badges xD
It's ok, it's for the moving of the new website :)

Oh nooo!! I'm still individual!! I'm so scared...
guess we'll have to wait 2 more days.

What does that number next to the usernames mean??
Niko-nyan

Warfu wrote:

Actually, I forgot about the badges xD
It's ok, it's for the moving of the new website :)

Oh nooo!! I'm still individual!! I'm so scared...
guess we'll have to wait 2 more days.

What does that number next to the usernames mean??
the "548" ? It is your ranking when you're registered.
Kuro
*looks at list of remaining players

Ozzy where are youuuuu? The whole world needs to see your dank skills :^)

And Tenshi Teki or i riot
Nwolf
For future reference: Please contact me if you have trouble with the schedule
_yu68
cosMo@BousouP - For UltraPlayers (mliencheng) [Inner Oni]

must modify the bpm of this map
201.02 ---> 201.00
Niko-nyan

_yu68 wrote:

must modify the bpm of this map
201.02 ---> 201.00

checked with 201 but quite messed up a little bit. And doesn't effect too much for me tho also no different at all
_fu

offset also is out of alignment

1.187 ---> 1.173
Topic Starter
Backfire
Uhm, I mean there isn't anything we can do about it. Maybe we can change the map if you all agree? It's pretty close to the start of the matches though, and I wouldn't want to unless you wanted to. Or you could just live with the offset problem, but it's up to you guys. I don't want it to be a significant problem, after all. We can contact mlien but I dont know if he will do it
_fu
our conclusion

it may not change the map
we were also slow to notice
Niko-nyan
to Taiwan and Japanese team members, please update your For UltraPlayers before the matches
Nwolf
we have statistics now!

Group Stage map pool
MAP PACK

As note about the map pool: This map pool is aimed to be slightly easier, while having more balanced HD and HR brackets. The EX picks are challenging for a Group Stage, as they include a high BPM, complex SV, and 1/8 snap map. The tiebreaker is shorter than normal on purpose, as it's Group Stage

Group Stage
NoMod

Mary - Artificial Rose (Urushi38) [TK'S Oni] (2:26, 175 BPM, OD 6, 4.54*)
Wotamin - Gigantic O.T.N (Star Stream) [Lundle's Oni] (3:15, 190 BPM, OD 5, 4.58*)
Hige Driver join. SELEN - Dadadadadadadadadada (qoot8123) [Oni] (1:41, 156 BPM, OD 5, 4.1*, TWC5)
Erik McClure - Lagomorphic (Okoratu) [Inner Oni] (2:16, 200 BPM, OD 6, 4.61*)

Hidden

CHiCO with HoneyWorks - Ai no Scenario (-Sh1n1-) [JuDa's Oni] (1:27, 180 BPM, OD 5, 4.09*)
DJ S3RL - T-T-Techno (feat. Jesskah) [m1ng's Inner Oni] (2:59, 175 BPM, OD 6, 4.22*)
SHW - Ikusa Japan (shw.in) (kanpakyin) [Oni] (2:28, 145 BPM, OD 5, 3.81*, TWC6)

HardRock

Spor - That's That (feat. Illy Emcee) (TicClick) [That's Loctav's Oni] (2:28, 175 BPM, OD 8.4, 4.32*)
Aso Natsuko - More-more LOVERS!! (B2IN) [ReySHeL's Taiko Oni] (2:34, 182 BPM, OD 7, 4.3*, LMS2, LMS:SE)
yuikonnu & Hiiragi Yuka - Otsukimi Recital (toara_fict) [Oni] (1:31, 195 BPM, OD7, 4.13*)

DoubleTime

nano.RIPE - Nanairo Biyori (TV Ver.) (Charlotte) [Nardo's Oni] (0:59, 201 BPM, 4.71*, OD 5)
Nakashinoda Mugi - Senjou no Aria (Okorin) [Ono's Oni] (2:22, 165 BPM, 4.33*, OD 5)
Primastella - Koigokoro (Narwhal Prime) [Oni] (1:44, 210 BPM, 4.44*, OD 5)

FreeMod

sakuzyo - Lexus cyanixs (-GN) [Donphin Oni] (2:14, 180 BPM, OD 5, 4.26*)
Memme - Starving Days (Love) [Oni445] (2:25, 185 BPM, OD 6, 4.27*)
Feint - Reprise (Secretpipe) [Gezo's Oni] (3:17, 175 BPM, OD 6, 4.63*)

Extra

DECO*27 feat. marina - Aimai Elegy (val0108) [Love's Taiko Oni] (2:47, 210 BPM, OD 5, 4.73*, TWC3)
Knife Party - Bonfire (inverness) [Collab Taiko Oni] (2:23, 87 BPM, OD 5, 4.4*)
MAX - Requiem (Zetera) [Inner Oni] (1:40, 160 BPM, OD 6.5, 4.96*)

TieBreaker

Mitani Nana - Chikyuu Saigo no Kokuhaku o (Star Stream) [MidSoul's Oni] (3:58, 190 BPM, OD 6, 4.9*)

Schedule here!

Groups are on the statistics page. And here:

Topic Starter
Backfire
So, Japan C and D situation has been carried out in a different way due to some staff mistakes, which I take full responsibility. Of course we could not schedule an impromptu tiebreaker, so we have allowed both Japan C + D and Taiwan C to move on, however, the elimination group did not go without its purpose. Japan B is still eliminated due to them not winning any of their matches, which put them in the last place on the standings, but also we did this for another reason too, it allows us to have an even number of teams so groups are much more balanced.

Currently, elimination group punishment for being lowest rated (whoever loses out of C/D in tiebreaker and Taiwan C) is playing against the top seeded team, which also happens to be Taiwan A.

So anyways, we hope this is a better solution for everyone (except Japan B D: ) so that there is no controversy over "osu bugs". Thanks guys, and I hope everything goes smoothly.

We WILL BE STREAMING NEXT WEEK! Both streamers have agreed to be there, so unless some strange problem arises, please tune in to the stream! Commentators will include myself, nwolf, chromoxx and maybe some other guests! Possible stream interviews if the players would like to, anyways, hope to see everyone next weekend. Feedback for the pools are very welcome, so we can improve future pools as well. Bye bye now :)

Also important to note, LMS 3 Badge MAY BE COMING! We got an E-Mail from peppy which seems to suggest badges are supposed to be available for tournament like ours. Thanks for being patient.
Warfu
What does Extra mean? Is it the same as NoMod?
Topic Starter
Backfire

Warfu wrote:

What does Extra mean? Is it the same as NoMod?
Yes but with more "nomod" type skills (SV, Fast BPM. Hard Patterns and 1/6), we also mad it so you cannot ban it out, so that EX needs to be in play at at least one map, this makes it basically a "very hard" NM.
Nwolf

Backfire wrote:

we also mad it so you cannot ban it out
To clarify because this WILL be misunderstood: You cannot ban two EX maps, only one. The 2nd ban must always be in a different bracket.
Niko-nyan
To every participants, Requiem updated 3 hours ago. You will need to update it. Thanks :)
Eiuh
GET HYPED
Warfu
Oh thank you guys.
JDrago14
https://www.twitch.tv/taikoworldcuplms

Just a quick reminder to everyone that the Group Stage matches for LMS3 have JUST BEGUN! :D Be sure to check out the schedule for all the full details of when each of the matches begin! Anyways, Good Luck to everyone that'll be competing in this year's LMS. And may the best team win! Have fun everybody!

Catgirl

good job japan and taiwan lol
Alepat
The wishes are true

Nwolf
Round of 16 map pool
MAP PACK

Round of 16
NoMod

Memme - Chinese Restaurant (Love) [Inner Oni] (1:46, 175 BPM, OD 6.9, 5*)
LiSA - EGOiSTiC SHOOTER (Spectator) [Ozzy's Oni] (2:58, 202 BPM, OD 6, 5*)
DJ Miracle Stone - HAPPY LUCKY YEAPPY (SaRyuKB) [YEAPPY!] (1:37, 190 BPM, OD 5, 5.21*)
Megpoid GUMI - Justice Breaker (NatsumeRin) [Climbb's Taiko Oni] (3:37, 205 BPM, OD 5, 5.06*)

Hidden

BanYa - Moonlight (Lno) [Inner Oni] (1:38, 180 BPM, OD 5, 4.64*)
Gentle Stick x M2U - Ineffabilis (TKS) [Inner Oni] (2:25, 160 BPM, OD 6, 4.83*)
Expander - diagram (aabc271) [Inner Oni] (2:04, 112 BPM, OD 5, 4.71*)

HardRock

NU-KO - Pochiko no Shiawase na Nichijou (Long Version) (tasuke912) [WE's Inner Oni] (3:45, 192 BPM, OD 7 4.84*)
Nekomata Master feat. Misawa Aki - chrono diver -fragment- (moph) [tasuke's Oni] (1:52, 185 BPM, OD 8.4, 4.91*)
NieN - Rage Of Demon (MoonFragrance) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni] (1:41, 196 BPM, OD 7, 4.79*)

DoubleTime

Silent Siren - stella* (captin1) [Climbb & KPY's Taiko Oni] (1:31, 237 BPM, 4.84*, OD 6)
3L - Macrophylla Parasol (xxheroxx) [Taiko Oni] (3:22, 198 BPM, 4.93*, OD 5)
Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful (neonat) [Jerry & Cdh's Oni] (2:45, 222 BPM, 4.75*, OD 5)

FreeMod

SniperSnake19 - Brunch (Sequel to BreakFast) [PhNyx's Taiko Oni] (1:55, 180 BPM, OD 5, 4.78*)
P*Light - NINJA (Arcubin) [Inner Oni] (1:55, 175 BPM, OD 5.5, 4.84*)
Thaehan - Overworld (DarkVortex) [Inner Oni] (2:48, 193.3 BPM, OD 6, 4.62*)

Extra

Erehamonika remixed by kors k - Der Wald (Kors K Remix) (Nofool) [Hard Oni] (1:58, 170 BPM, OD 6, 5.58*)
Sampling Masters MEGA - Dodon ga Do~n (DakeDekaane) [Gezo's Ura Oni] (2:00, 200 BPM, OD 7, 5.32*)
Morimori Atsushi + Verdammt - Le Fruit Defendu (Ulqui) [Lapse] (1:57, 220 BPM, OD 6, 5.58*)

TieBreaker

IOSYS feat. Takatsuki Sakura - Seiya no Special Shooting Star (Nwolf) [Merry Oni] (4:21, 160 BPM, OD 6.5, 5.56*)

Schedule can be found here!

If you have trouble with the schedule PM me, Nwolf, as soon as possible (preferably until Thursday) with a time you and the other team agreed on.

Hope you enjoy this pool! Thanks for everybody who played during the Group Stage, and thanks for all the awesome matches! Cya next weekend!
Catgirl

Nwolf wrote:

If you have trouble with the schedule PM me, Nwolf, as soon as possible
the way you said this, it's almost like you need to make sure people know you're actually Nwolf, as if someone was impersonating you or something

/me runs
Nofool

o shit no ban pls
Warfu
A wild NoFool appears! °o°
JDrago14

:) TOP 16 TWC LMS Matches are starting RIGHT NOW! The link to the Twitch Channel is below the Description! LET'S DO THIS!

Garpo
Indonesia A vs Taiwan A's tb honestly hurt to watch, it was so closeeeee
Topic Starter
Backfire
.20 SV!!!! MY WORST ENEMY!!!
Nwolf
Quarterfinals map pool
MAP PACK

Quarterfinals
NoMod

Camellia - werewolf howls. (Nwolf) [Inner Oni] (1:54, 222 BPM, OD 6, 5.45*, TWC6)
Yooh - Seraphim (koyomi_222) [Inner Oni] (1:56, 186 BPM, OD 5, 5.75*)
An - Tephereth (SKSalt) [Inner Oni] (2:32, 191 BPM, OD 6.5, 5.43*)
Xiphoid Sphere - HEAVENLY GALAXiES (Dolphin) [Oni] (3:40, 168 BPM, OD 5, 5.51*)

Hidden

Zeami - Seija no Kodou (Grimbow) [Lno's Oni] (2:05, 169 BPM, OD 6, 5.04*)
ZUN - Septette for the Dead Princess (Pereira006) [Dunskin's Inner Oni] (2:16, 144 BPM, OD 6, 4.83*)
Hatsune Miku - Electric Love (t+pazolite Overcute Remix) (Zapy) [Ono's Taiko Oni] (3:27, 210 BPM, OD 5, 5.21*, TWC3)

HardRock

P*Light - Gekkou Ranbu (Nanatsu) [Inner Oni] (1:50, 186 BPM, OD 7, 5.29*)
Chihiro Yonekura - Koiseyo Otome! (Game Size) (JUDYDANNY) [Inner Oni] (1:23, 220 BPM, OD 7.7, 4.5*)
cillia - FIRST (Chromoxx) [Inner Oni] (2:59, 190 BPM, OD 9.1, 5.08*

DoubleTime

ESTi - Oblivion (MoonFragrance) [Taiko] (1:17, 212 BPM, 5.62*, OD 5, TWC1)
THE DU - Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town (Full Ver.) (bank78952) [Oni] (2:00, 204 BPM, 5.43*, OD 5)
MomoKuro-tei Ichimon - Nippon Egao Hyakkei (Fumika) [Oni] (2:33, 240 BPM, 5.47*, OD 5)

FreeMod

USAO - Night sky (Mel) [Vortex's Inner Oni] (2:01, 192 BPM, OD 6.3, 5.28*)
t+pazolite - Electric "Sister" Bitch (Shinzo-) [Inner Oni] (1:48, 185 BPM, OD 6, 5.81*)
3R2 & DJ Mashiro - Sweetness Overload!!! (Canner) [Inner Oni] (2:43, 202 BPM, OD 6, 5.45*)

Extra

O2i3 - Ooi (Game Edit) (Necroluttah) [gh's Oni] (1:56, 216 BPM, OD 6, 5.72*)
xi - Finder Keepers (Mapper 31) [Oni] (1:47, 160 BPM, OD 5, 5.42*)
Remo Prototype[CV: Hanamori Yumiri] - Sendan Life (Y O U T A) [Inner Oni] (3:51, 227 BPM, OD 6, 5.83*)

TieBreaker

Demetori - Kagayaku Hari no Kobito-zoku ~ Counter-Attack of the Weak (MMzz) [Tatsujin] (6:05, 184 BPM, OD 7, 5.86*)[/url]

Schedule can be found here!

If you have trouble with the schedule PM me, Nwolf, as soon as possible (preferably until Thursday) with a time you and the other team agreed on.

Hope you enjoy this pool!
Shinsekai-
;; my Taiko4-Raize- is not in mappol ;A;
Niko-nyan
Hope you enjoy this pool! Thanks for everybody who played during the Group Stage, and thanks for all the awesome matches

i can't stop laugh nwolf plz haha
Catgirl

Niko-nyan wrote:

Hope you enjoy this pool! Thanks for everybody who played during the Group Stage, and thanks for all the awesome matches

i can't stop laugh nwolf plz haha
[/quote]
Nwolf
Wrongly snapped notes in Seija no Kodou were fixed, please update.
Nofool
did they almost all SS with wrongly snapped notes...................... god y
JDrago14

:D Sorry that I'm a little late with the Twitch Links! But anyways, The Quarterfinal Games for the Taiko LMS Tournament will begin momentarily! Twitch Link is below the description if you need to find the Official Channel for the Tournament! Good Luck and Have Fun Everyone!

Topic Starter
Backfire
Hey, little update since nwolf is dead and I can't exactly do his job at the moment, i'm gonna fill everyone in.
Japan D defeated Hong Kong 2-0
USA B beat Venezuela in a TB 1-0
and Indonesia beat China 3-0 in a heartbreaker as China's squad was not full for the match so they were not able to play at full strength.
Nwolf
Semifinals map pool
MAP PACK

Semifinals
NoMod

LeaF - Kyouki Ranbu (DakeDekaane) [Inner Oni] (2:22, 230 BPM, OD 7, 5.81*)
ARM - Rhododendron (tasuke912) [Oni] (3:00, 280 BPM, OD 6, 5.86*)
Morimori Atsushi - Tits or get the fuck out!! (ManP) [Backfire's Ura Oni] (2:27, 220 BPM, OD 6.5, 6.23*)
Diceros Bicornis (xi+BlackY) - Siva (koyomi_222) [Yuni&koyomi's Taiko] (3:58, 212 BPM, OD 5, 5.92*)

Hidden

Krewella - Come And Get It (Razihel Remix) (hikikochan) [Inner Oni] (3:32, 220 BPM, OD 6.5, 5.56*)
sakuzyo - Altale (-xNaCLx-) [Inner Oni] (2:23, 180 BPM, OD 6, 5.79*)
61 Degrees - Kagami (eeezzzeee) [Inner Oni] (1:58, 146 BPM, OD 5.5, 4.9*)

HardRock

Mafumafu - Super Nuko ni Naritai (newyams99) [Inner Oni] (3:39, 194 BPM, OD 8.4, 5.68*)
P*Light - Innocent Floor (Raiden) [Raidcore] (1:51, 199 BPM, OD 8.4, 5.7*)
MAX MAXIMIZER VS DJ TOTTO - Rebellio (Nwolf) [IMT's iNNER ONi] (2:03, 234 BPM, OD 8.4, 5.33*)

DoubleTime

Hana(Usa) & X-Plorez - Summer time music (Frostmourne) [lolcubes' Oni] (2:49, 248 BPM, 5.42*, OD 5.5)
ESTi X M2U - Obelisque (MMzz) [Inner Oni] (1:38, 195 BPM, 6.14*, OD 5.5, TWC 6)
Nomizu Iori - *** Passionate (TV Size) (Vicho-kun) [Climbb's Taiko Oni] (1:10, 212 BPM, 5.54*, OD 5, TWC 4)

FreeMod

Toromaru - Enigma (KinomiCandy) [GRAVITY ONI] (1:54, 198 BPM, OD 5, 5.68*)
Ice - Amber Wishes (JBHyperion) [Nwolf's Inner Oni] (2:02, 195 BPM, OD 6, 5.64*)
ZUN & Ryu - Go Reimu (jinkinsu) [Ono's Taiko Oni] (2:14, 200 BPM, OD 6, 5.66*)

Extra

t+pazolite - Kick-ass Kung-fu Carnival (P*Light Remix) (Jigglypuff) [Lno's Ura Oni] (2:41, 245 BPM, OD 6, 6.2*)
Camellia - K.Y.A.F.A. (Kill You All Fucking Asshole) (SKSalt) [Crazy Oni] (3:56, 220 BPM, OD 7, 6.36*)
BlackY vs. Yooh - XROSS THE XOUL (mliencheng) [Inner Oni] (2:00, 194 BPM, OD 5, 6.57*)

TieBreaker

BABYMETAL - Road of Resistance (Nofool) [Legend] (5:10, 205 BPM, OD 6, 6.42*)

Schedule can be found here! Don't forget that the winners in the lower bracket will play two matches this weekend!

Cya next weekend!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Well, good news, the staff has replied to us and said we can get a badge, so now I can reveal the badge!

Hope you guys are happy :D
show more