forum

Taiko World Cup : Last Man Standing 3! [Winner : Japan A!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Backfire
Im drawing a line, please no more "Japan and Taiwan" teams, there are way too many of you signing up and we don't know how to deal with them, because there cannot be 5 taiwan teams. Bi-national teams are for countries without players, NOT super-country teams. You can have sort of mixed (like 2 japanese and 4 taiwan) but you also must realise there is already a bunch of people we aren't putting on the team list because of these mixed teams problem.

For the seeable future, that is. There is still some time left after all, maybe we can change this stuff and get things proper, but otherwise, I want to point out only to japanese and Taiwan players, please communicate with your fellow players so we don't have to tell anyone unnecessary "no we can't accept you"s :( I want us to have fun, but like 10 japanese and taiwan teams is going to be hard to balance.

With that said, we DO have a plan for countries with more than A and B teams. If your country has more than 2 teams, you will face off on the weekend before groups stage in a modified finals-level pool to determine who is the overall strongest two countries. This is simply for balance, no hard feelings, we had planned this system in advance but with so many people signing up, it is imperative that I tell you this. We will announce the pool for those matches sometime soon.
Pochacco
HYPE! but no represent team from PH...
Acrith
HYPE D:
Lunasaa
I waited a year for this, definitely gonna win lose less badly this time round
Jonah
Hype Hype Hype
Jaye
Looking for team D:
Peach_Tea
hype hype hype
Warfu

dajayeway wrote:

Looking for team D:
Same, I had to sign up as an individual player ;w;
Niko-nyan

dajayeway wrote:

Looking for team D:
not sure but no australia team?
Jaye

Niko-nyan wrote:

dajayeway wrote:

Looking for team D:
not sure but no australia team?
Australia is rip this year, unfortunately.
Pochacco

dajayeway wrote:

Looking for team D:
dont worry PH is rip either... we can make a Binational team haha!!! i hope so ;w;
ptar124
I really hope we can make a bi-national team, Thailand is also RIP this year. Nobody can join in D:
Warfu
I have a feeling that they will not do the bi-national team for the individual players ;_;
Perhaps because of large time zone differences...
Topic Starter
Backfire

Warfu wrote:

I have a feeling that they will not do the bi-national team for the individual players ;_;
Perhaps because of large time zone differences...
Well to answer this question, it would actually more than likely depend on who signs up. Like for example if brazil and mexico did not sign up as teams but they wouldnt mind doing a binational team with other individual players, we would allow something like that. I think we would mostly prefer people to sign up with countries near them but I believe we will give you a choice in the matter.
ptar124
Eyy Backfire, just curious but why are we not doing free poly-national teams instead of bi-national ones? I know about the time zone difference and all but can't we just make a free grouping kind of thing and have it totally up to the players?
Topic Starter
Backfire

ptar124 wrote:

Eyy Backfire, just curious but why are we not doing free poly-national teams instead of bi-national ones? I know about the time zone difference and all but can't we just make a free grouping kind of thing and have it totally up to the players?
No
Jaye
Good news folks; your resident Aussie taco player has entered the Hippodon of Katstantinople
Niko-nyan

dajayeway wrote:

Good news folks; your resident Aussie taco player has entered the Hippodon of Katstantinople
what's the mean of this quote
Warfu
I just know that I like tacos :3
Okay, we'll have to wait until the end of the sign-ups :roll:
pmriva
18 teams only?
Kuro

pmriva wrote:

18 teams only?
looks like that might be the case
Topic Starter
Backfire
No we have more, I am contacting several countries at the moment and we do have a few individual players who maybbe able to make teams as wel. We are currently on track for 26, 24 after C group eliminations, which is honestly a fine, round number. Of course not as good as last year but that's also the throes of many players leaving after last twc as well as many people being unaware of it, or making reservations for other events. That's fine. We may consider an extension period as well for registration. I will update you tomorrow.
Acrith
I'd lovely join but I'm still asking people. They don't like to answer I guess D:
Lovelyattack
bump? i cant wait for the tournament schedule
Pochacco
HYPE!!!
Nwolf
Registration extended until June 12th. All stages will be moved back by one weekend. This results in less conflicts with TSRT/CWC and also gives you, and us, more time.

Actually this was supposed to be posted last weekend.
Lovelyattack
looks like this year isnt really hype like last year :(
Warfu
More hype ;_;
Come on! Keep it up :D
Topic Starter
Backfire
If you genuinely want it to be hype, and i'm not trying to be a dick, just concerned, just ask your fellow countrymen to make a team. It will do more for us than just making posts (not that i'm ungrateful for it). Thank you :)
Topic Starter
Backfire
The Schedule for C-Group Eliminations has been posted, please do not submit any more japan or taiwan teams as we have currently hit our limit. Please, if you are in any of those teams, contact me if you have problems with the schedule.

Special Map-pool for that stage will be posted later, and remember, the matches are NEXT WEEKEND!!!!
JDrago14

Backfire wrote:

The Schedule for C-Group Eliminations has been posted, please do not submit any more japan or taiwan teams as we have currently hit our limit. Please, if you are in any of those teams, contact me if you have problems with the schedule.

Special Map-pool for that stage will be posted later, and remember, the matches are NEXT WEEKEND!!!!

:D Finally! I still can't believe that there's only 1 week left untill the first match-ups of the tournament begin! Good luck to everyone that's going to be competing this year!
Nwolf
Elimination Stage map pool
MAP PACK

As a note about the pool: It mostly includes maps from previous tournaments. This was done on purpose and will not occur in later pools : )

Elimination Stage
NoMod

xi - Shoujo Kisokyoku ~ Speed Battle (Nofool) [Hard Oni] (3:04, 185 BPM, OD 5, 5.98*, UTT)
t+pazolite - Elder Dragon Legend (Backfire) [Taikocalypse Act VI - The Resurrection] (3:25, 210 BPM, OD 6, 6.34*, LMS2)
toby fox - MEGALOVANIA (_Gezo_) [ltl's bad oni] (2:35, 240 BPM, OD 6, 5.79*, UTT)
sasakure.UK feat. Kagamine Rin (tasuke912) [Rampage Oni] (2:10, 150 BPM, OD 6, 6.76*, LMS:SE)

Hidden

BlackYooh vs. siromaru - BLACK or WHITE? (climbb65588) [Oni] (1:55, 185 BPM, OD 7, 5.62*, UTT)
t+pazolite - Sneak Snake (R e i R i) [Reiri & Ringo's Taiko] (3:37, 210 BPM, OD 5.5, 6.27*, LMS2)
DJ Yoshitaka VS. DJ Mass MAD Izm* - Snake Stick (KDS) [Taiko Oni] (1:49, 145 BPM, OD 6, 5.8*, LMS2)

HardRock

07th Expansion - rog-unlimitation (AngelHoney) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni] (2:15, 220 BPM, OD 8.4, 5.68*)
P*Light - 2 MINUTES FIGHTERS (Lno) [Oni] (1:56, 203 BPM, OD 7, 5.25*, LMS:SE)
Ocelot - TSUBAKI (TKS) [TSUBAKI] (3:00/2:24, 199 BPM, OD 8.4, 6.3*, LMS2)

DoubleTime

yassu - dolosus (yassu-) [Inner Oni] (1:26, 218 BPM, 6.73*, OD 6.5)
NeLiME vs PRESti - Gatorix (JeZag) [Nardo's Inner Oni] (1:26, 240 BPM, 6.29*, OD 5, LMS2)
Subplaid - Only time make your hapiness ([Luanny PhNyx]) [Inner Oni] (1:22, 255 BPM, 6.23*, OD 7, LMS2)

FreeMod

cosMo@BousouP - For UltraPlayers (mliencheng) [Inner Oni] (1:57, 201 BPM, OD 5, 6.23*, LMS2)
UNDEAD CORPORATION - Seven Colors (Nwolf) [Prismatic Oni] (3:24, 200 BPM, OD 6, 5.85*, LMS2, SE, UTT)
Presti - Veritas (kanopu) [Taiko Mochi] (2:26, 170 BPM, OD 6, 5.81*)

Extra

Kobaryo - Pumpin' Junkies (MMzz) [Tatsujin] (3:15, 260-320 BPM, OD 7, 6.09*, LMS2)
DOUBLE IMPACT - DOUBLE IMPACT (7odoa) [TAIKO EXTREME] (1:47, 265 BPM, OD 5, 6.33*)
Azu - Spring Dragon ~Haryu~ (S a n d) [Sand's Taiko Oni] (6:15, 218 BPM, OD 5, 6.15*, LMS2)

TieBreaker

weyheyhey!! - Little Batty Foo Foo (ft TechDiff's Modest Loft Conversion remix) (Ryui) [Taiko Collab] (5:23, 230 BPM, OD 5, 6.49*, LMS2 unpicked Finals TB)
Niko-nyan
LOL tsubaki on HR again like twc and last year's LMS i hope someone pick this
Topic Starter
Backfire
Well there is a lot of news to handle right now, and I'm not sure how happy some of you will be about it.

The osu! staff has informed us that, well, we aren't allowed to have badges because of the move to the new website. Currently, I don't know what other prizes we can provide. Maybe they have some other kind of prize? Needless to say we would have one if this didn't happen, but still, I digress. Supporter will still be provided by the osu!staff.

I will probably have to take something out of pocket to provide an adequate prize. I feel very upset to those who joined hoping to get a badge, we really thought we would get one but I guess no one will get badges for anything else either it seems. I mean we did make good on the fact that we said prizes aren't final, we just kind of hoped for the badge. I will make sure the winners get something extra, at least, i'm sorry. We will come up with a solution before the tournament ends. If you are wondering what i'm talking about, check out tasuke's profile on the new website.

https://new.ppy.sh/u/2774767#osu

You can see, his badges are nowhere to be found. So as of current, we must come up with a new solution. Rest assured, winning LMS will still be a worthwhile thing to strive for. We will make things right, at least, we hope. I am sorry for those of you who may be upset about this, I am just as upset.

Currently there will be 22 teams after eliminations, so I wanted to make note, to the remaining teams, there is still individual players left.
I'll show a list and if your team has some space on it, you can consider asking them to join you, I will allow roster changes until June 11th due to this. We want everyone to be able to play! You can still sign up as a team, please make it a round number at 24 if you can find SOMEONE in your country who will participate. Thank you!

*Small Note* There was more originally but they all ended up joining teams anyway. This is just who is left.
Warfu
Actually, I forgot about the badges xD
It's ok, it's for the moving of the new website :)

Oh nooo!! I'm still individual!! I'm so scared...
guess we'll have to wait 2 more days.

What does that number next to the usernames mean??
Niko-nyan

Warfu wrote:

Actually, I forgot about the badges xD
It's ok, it's for the moving of the new website :)

Oh nooo!! I'm still individual!! I'm so scared...
guess we'll have to wait 2 more days.

What does that number next to the usernames mean??
the "548" ? It is your ranking when you're registered.
Kuro
*looks at list of remaining players

Ozzy where are youuuuu? The whole world needs to see your dank skills :^)

And Tenshi Teki or i riot
Nwolf
For future reference: Please contact me if you have trouble with the schedule
_yu68
cosMo@BousouP - For UltraPlayers (mliencheng) [Inner Oni]

must modify the bpm of this map
201.02 ---> 201.00
Niko-nyan

_yu68 wrote:

cosMo@BousouP - For UltraPlayers (mliencheng) [Inner Oni]

must modify the bpm of this map
201.02 ---> 201.00

checked with 201 but quite messed up a little bit. And doesn't effect too much for me tho also no different at all
show more