forum

Intuos Pro Small Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rainwalk
So i do own an Intuos Pro Small and what i wonder is if there is an driver that has the lowest possible input lag and such
And also whats your opinion about Intuos pro for playing osu?
Topic Starter
Rainwalk
Seems like nobody has a clue?
buny
idk

remember to give kudosu if i helpd u
Bauxe
Buying the pro just for osu! is a waste of money.

Also just use the latest driver, a low latency one won't make you any better.
Topic Starter
Rainwalk
I don't only have it for osu since i do enjoy drawing correct me if im wrong haha but there is several reasons to why i bought the pro and 2 of the reasons is i draw and i enjoy how well it fits my needs and it is comfortable to use
iWhorse
6.3.9w3

the pen's too heavy\big imo but i have small hands so i guess i'm a bit biased
Topic Starter
Rainwalk

iWhorse wrote:

6.3.9w3

the pen's too heavy\big imo but i have small hands so i guess i'm a bit biased
i like the pen except for it slipping so easily

And thats a good driver? :o
Bauxe
If you are going to draw, 100% do not use 6.3.9w3

Again, driver doesn't matter for osu!
iWhorse

Elation wrote:

it's the best(lowest latency\smoothing) in the drivers i have tested (6.3.9w3, 6.3.9w5, 6.3.10w2, 6.3.11w3, and some of the later drivers, forget which ones)

when i first started it was hard to find a grip that was stable enough to my liking without deathgripping it (i deathgripped my way into making a cut in the grip-part of the tablet pen with my fingernail when i first started, don't ask me how). try gripping the pen closer to the center of mass, makes it easier to hold on to (this was my main problem anyways, i gripped way too low.)

edit: here's a dropbox of all of the drivers if you want to test them yourself or are unable to find them: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rhcfwpvpldiz ... eKXaa?dl=0
Topic Starter
Rainwalk

iWhorse wrote:

Elation wrote:

it's the best(lowest latency\smoothing) in the drivers i have tested (6.3.9w3, 6.3.9w5, 6.3.10w2, 6.3.11w3, and some of the later drivers, forget which ones)

when i first started it was hard to find a grip that was stable enough to my liking without deathgripping it (i deathgripped my way into making a cut in the grip-part of the tablet pen with my fingernail when i first started, don't ask me how). try gripping the pen closer to the center of mass, makes it easier to hold on to (this was my main problem anyways, i gripped way too low.)

edit: here's a dropbox of all of the drivers if you want to test them yourself or are unable to find them: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rhcfwpvpldiz ... eKXaa?dl=0

Thanks for helping out ill try this out after ive done my tests at school and also try give feedback about the driver :P
Topic Starter
Rainwalk

Bauxe wrote:

Is there some issue with that driver? if so could you describe what flaws it for drawing etc?
iWhorse

Elation wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Is there some issue with that driver? if so could you describe what flaws it for drawing etc?
drivers with low smoothing are considered suboptimal for drawing purposes as your cursor will be very jittery and shaky, making it harder to do things such as draw straight lines (your lines might look a bit wobbly).

there are things you can use such as the stabilizer in painttool SAI that are able to counteract this though. i'm not sure if there's a tool in photoshop\gimp\whatever else you might be using that's an equivalent to the stabilizer in SAI. i personally had no problems drawing using the stabilizer and 6.3.9w3.
Topic Starter
Rainwalk
drivers with low smoothing are considered suboptimal for drawing purposes as your cursor will be very jittery and shaky, making it harder to do things such as draw straight lines (your lines might look a bit wobbly).

there are things you can use such as the stabilizer in painttool SAI that are able to counteract this though. i'm not sure if there's a tool in photoshop\gimp\whatever else you might be using that's an equivalent to the stabilizer in SAI. i personally had no problems drawing using the stabilizer and 6.3.9w3.

If its shaky and jittery how does it affect my gameplay? :P jw :3
iWhorse

Elation wrote:

a lot less than smoothed cursor and lag
Bauxe

iWhorse wrote:

Elation wrote:

a lot less than smoothed cursor and lag
You are so wrong.
Topic Starter
Rainwalk
a lot less than smoothed cursor and lag[/quote]
You are so wrong.[/quote]

Halp D:
iWhorse

Elation wrote:

Halp D:
well technically speaking i am wrong because they both affect your gameplay in major ways

it's considered by most to be better to play with the lower latency drivers though, and cursor smoothing fucks up your movements (not as 1:1)

like i said, there's a dropbox right there with most of the drivers, you can test them out yourself and see what you like if you can't decide
Topic Starter
Rainwalk

iWhorse wrote:

Elation wrote:

Halp D:
well technically speaking i am wrong because they both affect your gameplay in major ways

it's considered by most to be better to play with the lower latency drivers though, and cursor smoothing fucks up your movements (not as 1:1)

like i said, there's a dropbox right there with most of the drivers, you can test them out yourself and see what you like if you can't decide

I tried the one with 0 latency and it kinda works for me cause i drag and dont get that BIG cursor wobble