forum

Which comes first: good rhythm or good aim?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

Genstars31 wrote:

Rhythm.
A: It's a rhythm game.
B: You can hit the objects without even thinking about the rhythm if you practice enough, then you can just focus on aim.
Chicken or egg dilemma ikr
quote="-Toushin"]

Khelly wrote:

-Toushin wrote:

I wish OP understood that he's digging a grave for himself playing like this.
osu is a rhythm game after all.

Osu is an aim and physically intensive game with rthymical elements thank you

If I had to play for acc only and not physical strain I might stop
Same for me partially because my accuracy is horrible. Playing fast stuff is really stress relieving part of the reason why I keep on clicking circles on daily basis. So yeah osu is not just a rhythm game and thats what makes it fun.[/quote]

If you shoehorn your thinking into saying that you must play for accuracy, you're only doing yourself a disservice by ignoring the other major aspect of the game.
StephOsu
IMO both of them comes together because being able to play 4+star difficulty doesn't meant that it's good
But usually we gain the ability to aim properly on low difficulty beatmap first before even focusing on the rhythm

on the side note

Philosofikal wrote:

nobody plays this game to have fun baka 8-)
triggered
winber1
good coordination
KanoSet

winber1 wrote:

good coordination
aim depends on feeling the rhythm which is hard cuz jumps usually follows the VERY OBVIOUS beat or at least that's how i feel it
#mousemasterrace
Sayorie
You have to aim before you hit the circle anyway. That's pretty self-explanatory.
-Makishima S-
Aim -> Acc
Endaris
With a perfect tapping hand you can easily aim anything. Just imagine it like playing Relax with a slightly worse performance.
vsprite
play more comes first
Yuudachi-kun

vsprite wrote:

play more comes first
I like you and all your recent posts.
Endaris

Khelly wrote:

vsprite wrote:

play more comes first
I think the posts would have more weight if he didn't bulkpost. One post at a time looks intelligent and elitistic as if you'd chosen time and place for your statement wisely.
Xyrus_old_1

Khelly wrote:

vsprite wrote:

play more comes first
He's incredibly original.

Post more!
-Makishima S-

Khelly wrote:

vsprite wrote:

play more comes first
His vvvortic avatar adds taste to his posts.
Post more.
Alpgh367
I think good aim does.
Hvick711
both
I Give Up
play more
Hinpoppo
Rhythm cause some people are literally born to have shit rhythm lmao

Seriously tho your muscle memory for the game is a correlation to both aim and rhythm
And just because your acc is bad doesn't mean your rhythm is bad

Some people have shit hit timing in general but they have a great internal metronome
You're supposed to click the circles to the approach circles not the beat pretty much
Yushi
Rhythm! Even if You can aim, if You Can't hit the circles on time theres no fun in it. Actually it could be the same vice versa. But rhythm is probably better because learning to aim is harder then learning to thythm :)
Floob
Good aim+bad acc will take you further than good acc+bad aim imo

I think it's good to find a good middle ground between the two, but play however you feel most comfortable.
chainpullz

Floob wrote:

I think it's good to find a good middle ground between the two, but play however you feel most comfortable.
Inconsistent aim will take you furthest in terms of rank/pp but are you really deserving if you can't even come close to repeating your scores? "Luck" will take you "further" than both rhythm and aim tbh. Should practice being lucky first.
Yuudachi-kun
Yes you are because you got the score. It's just at the limit of your abilities.
Hinpoppo

Floob wrote:

Why not both
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

Yes you are because you got the score. It's just at the limit of your abilities.
If it were simply "at the limit of your abilities" you'd still be able to come close on subsequent plays.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

If it were simply "at the limit of your abilities" you'd still be able to come close on subsequent plays.
I disagree because being at the limit it's vary rare for you to achieve?
_handholding
I gotta agree with Khelly
E m i
acc=speed>unrelated skills>aim man
-Makishima S-
Limit of your abilities can be on speed - your muscles and tendons at some point will say "nope" and doesn't matter what you do - you will just reach random spikes but never something consistently faster.

There is no limit for aim - it's matter of how much you practice and how much you will to sacrifice in term of time and body strength to achieve something better.
I Give Up
Reading comes first, then aim precision + move speed, and then finger coordination. Tapping speed/stamina/acc/everything else are niche depending on what kind of player you want to be.