forum

Suddenly: Bad

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rosten
Okay for some reason a day ago I could get an A on some select 5* maps and now I'm struggling to even pass some 4*s. I know this isnt just me playing relatively harder maps because I haven't gotten any new maps in forever.

Why am I suddenly rank 120k bad, seriously it's like I just became awful overnight.
Endaris
80k isn't 5 star niveau, eat it.
Topic Starter
Rosten

Endaris wrote:

80k isn't 5 star niveau, eat it.
at least agree with me that I shouldn't suddenly not even be able to pass maps I've FC'd already
Endaris
I fail maps that I passed before all day.
autoteleology
Skill varies from day to day. Sometimes you are better than yesterday. Sometimes you are worse. Overall, you improve gradually the longer you play.
Xyrus_old_1

Rosten wrote:

at least agree with me that I shouldn't suddenly not even be able to pass maps I've FC'd already

There are various reasons why you SHOULD be incapable of FC'ing maps you've already FC'd.

1) You practiced that map over and over taking 30+ tries to get the FC and haven't had a drastic improvement since then
2) You FC'd it in a few tries after warming up on other maps for several hours, then played it again when you haven't even been playing for 10 minutes
3) You haven't played it in a while and have forgotten how the song goes
4) You're tired
5) ...can't be arsed...
6) ...something that Khelly said
7) ...

Endaris wrote:

Same. Even ones that I 99+% FC'd on the 1st try... :(
N0thingSpecial
Cause you consistency is bad???
Sup A Noob
Messi doesn't score everyday. I don't see why you should play well every single time.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

mulraf
happens to me all the time too. but not like in the sense of "one day you're better, one day worse" - that of course as well. but there are some periods where you encounter a kind of well... barrier. where you feel that it's hard to surpass your current skill and your scores flatten off. you might feel like you got worse but after some time trying real hard you will see that it's possible to go higher again and will once again rise up until you reached the next "barrier". don't know how to explain it from a logical perspective, just saying how things go for me and maybe it's the same for you.
another solution: your equipment has problems (in my case my mousepad sometimes gets worn out. getting a new one or turning it around usually helps.) but it's rather unlikely and rare for that to be the problem.
also: your surroundings can play a role. one example would be temperature: cold room temperature -> stiff hands -> worse at streaming. too warm -> sweat -> might get slippery aiming :x

just some things that come to mind. there are probably a lot of other reasons.
Yolshka

mulraf wrote:

but not like in the sense of "one day you're better, one day worse"
You know this is pretty much what i've been experiencing.
Generally ,i'm on the 'worse' side, but sometimes there are days where my performance is like exceptionally better.
Those are veeeeeery rare though :( , and it goes off pretty quickly.
Really interesting I wonder if anyone experiences something like this too.
vsprite
play more
SkullFull

vsprite wrote:

play more
Myke B
off days exist in pretty much everything
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Same tbh. HP10 OD10 life.
KanoSet

Khelly wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Yushi
Consistency! Same sitting posture, same grip, same lighting etc. If You keep everything the same everyday and you play everyday at the same time, then You Shouldn't really play worse. We play worse or better other days because of external factors, like our mood, how We're feeling or even the weather outside :D

Well thats me I'm just a scrub who feels good everyday
Redon
StephOsu
There's a simple universal solution to every gameplay problem in osu
Play more. If it doesn't work, then play less because you are tilting and you need that time to reset/refresh your muscle memory.