Daikyi
MissTitannia

Ah, congratulations guys!
Just one more step and one of you will be the star this year~
I can't wait for it!! :)
Zeptaurus
Excited to hear the finalists pieces!
Daikyi
i think we're waiting on MissTitannia now?

unless i was the last to get it in just now
Topic Starter
Flanster

Daikyi wrote:

i think we're waiting on MissTitannia now?

unless i was the last to get it in just now
aye, its almost time.
Kyonko Hizara
Warfu
Still not ready? ._.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Warfu wrote:

Still not ready? ._.
And i'm the one being patient here. Things should start movin next week if im correct.
yealina
zzz
Topic Starter
Flanster
All 3 entries are in, now all thats left is for the voting page to get sorted and announcement aswell.

Edit: Done - voting will start October 24th!
https://new.ppy.sh/community/contests/4
Warfu
Yes! Finally some news :D
Gotta put that reminder for Oct 24
Oinari-sama

Flanster wrote:

All 3 entries are in, now all thats left is for the voting page to get sorted and announcement aswell.

Why release on a Monday instead of weekends lol
Topic Starter
Flanster

Oinari-sama wrote:

Flanster wrote:

Why release on a Monday instead of weekends lol
my ocd
Daikyi
PSA for anyone that even checks this thread:

voting is up
o x
Wow, voting is tough. All participants are such good vocalists! Good job to everyone who entered. All the entries are truly amazing.
Lust
wow... blown away by one of these. good luck to all the finalists!
Sonnyc
I can hear some Korean lyrics? lol

Personally the male vocal feels the most stable all among the entries. Voting for that.
Anxient
im super conflicted between eagle and finch.

**ears explode**
NaTha
I CANT DECIDE!!
Topic Starter
Flanster

NaTha wrote:

I CANT DECIDE!!
vote blindfolded? :P
Kinshara
kokoronashi singer got my kokoro going doki doki

For those voting for the male who sang jin ft. lia - days because he has the most stable voice - true. But have you heard the original kokoronashi by Hanatan? To control your voice like that is impressive. The male singer didn't have as close of a range as the female singer.

Learn how to judge singing kthxbye
Daikyi

Kinshara wrote:

For those voting for the male who sang jin ft. lia - days because he has the most stable voice - true. But have you heard the original kokoronashi by Hanatan? To control your voice like that is impressive. The male singer didn't have as close of a range as the female singer.

tbh if you're criticizing range based off of one song choice and telling people to "learn how to judge singing", then you're really just telling your opinion on the song choice.

you're also comparing the days cover to the original kokoronashi for some reason?
Kinshara

Daikyi wrote:

Kinshara wrote:

tbh if you're criticizing range based off of one song choice and telling people to "learn how to judge singing", then you're really just telling your opinion on the song choice.

you're also comparing the days cover to the original kokoronashi for some reason?
I focused on just range. But there's obviously other criteria such as pitch, control, stability, and emotion among others. Regarding "song choice", this is the final round, and you have to pick a song or sing a song in a way that really displays your vocal talents. Singing an "easy" song well is not as good as singing a "difficult' song well.

No, I was not asking you to compare days with kokoronashi. I misworded... I meant to say compare the girl's version to the original kokoronashi.
Daikyi
and that's all very valid points - however dismissing everyone's opinions that dissent with you with "learn to judge singing kthxbye" is probably not the best thing you could have done, as well as wording your opinion as "male voice has zero range omg"

and in any case, people vote for their opinion of best singer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kinshara
"Learn how to judge a song" was not meant to be taken seriously. And what's wrong with attempting to convince others to choose the singer you think is best? I am not trying to dismiss the male singer as a bad singer. He's obviously very good. However, he didn't display as much talent as the female singer, who is really not getting as much attention. In some parts, I am being subjective (such as kokoronashi being one of my favorites songs). But objectively she is much better (in terms of control, pitch, and range and others) and the fact that people don'r see it irks me for sure.
Daikyi
But objectively she is much better (in terms of control, pitch, and range and others) and the fact that people don'r see it irks me for sure.
you're comparing a female soprano with a male baritone in terms of range, and a lot of other factors based off of one song choice. the ranges were definitely, "objectively" different and the control required for the songs are definitely on "objectively" different levels. You could even say, the control required for either song isn't even comparable, because of pitch stability in sustains vs. pitch stability in quick runs

again, in the end, people vote for what they think sounds the best. the fact that it actually irks you is pretty eyebrow raising lol
Topic Starter
Flanster
Voting has ended, please stay tuned for results announcement!
Pawsu
h y p e
Shiranai

Pawsu wrote:

h y p e
Waiting for first male winner!
Kyonko Hizara
Waiting for results like
Topic Starter
Flanster

Results are now live!

https://osu.ppy.sh/news/152901340878

Congratulations to this year's osu!idol winner - Slyleaf!

You can check the following post for MP3 downloads p/5183900
Endaris
I hope Miss Titannia does not get discouraged by the result of the vote. She had a lot of great entries in the previous rounds but she didn't play to her strengths with her final entry in my opinion :[

Congrats to Slyleaf and also to Daikyi. Great job! I expected it to be closer though.
MissTitannia
Thank you Endaris! <3
Don't worry, I'm really aware of the situation. I had to make my entry in 1 day because of some difficulties, so i expected an outcome like this.
I look at it from the positive side: I can compete again next year! :D
Topic Starter
Flanster
So thats it for this year, huh. Thanks to everyone that participated and/or supported and followed osu!idol!
Next year we'll be back better than ever!
Endaris
I hope my entries will be better than ever too.
Thank you for the organisation :>
Topic Starter
Flanster
Thread is unstickied and locked. Results/downloads can be found here!
If you are interested in giving ideas/suggestions for next year or want to hang out, join our discord server!