forum

osu!idol 2016 Final results!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara

Zeva[FL] wrote:

Can someone help, a website or something that can help me know the genre of the song? I just google the title and the artist and nothing comes out
For some songs, the genres cannot be found through a Google search for them. For some songs you can look at Last.fm and there are genres listed there, but often those are added by users. If you are questioning too much whether a song is pop or not, choose a different song.
Warfu

Zeptaurus wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I'm ready for the next stage

(im on mobile so if youtube box isnt working its here)
ajsjakdfkdfskjas
I love that laugh
LightDreamer
Or find a different instrumental that sounds more pop. I usually sing with the orchestral arrange of Make a Wish, but since it's pop, well, time to go with the low quality pop instrumental

WHY IS LIFE SO CRUEL!!!!!! Managed to get a perfect performance, but I forgot to put my fan to off.......... CLIPPING ALL THE TIME
Underforest

8-)
- AyDJay -
There is one, and ONLY one song, that I could possibly sing this round.

D A N K M E M E S
LightDreamer
Uh.... I think I got thunder in my recording..... XD
I seem to to have connection problems with my mic, dammit. Oh, nevermind, it's the instrumental that contains random "pops" because it low quality.... I hope a little bass cut will help.
Lust

LightDreamer wrote:

Will add some dramatic effect :D
LightDreamer

Lust wrote:

LightDreamer wrote:

Will add some dramatic effect :D
But the song isn't dramatic...... I don't think my microphone picked it up finally.

Also, I'm a goddamn perfectionist

Re-did the last track 10 times or so......
Garven
You should add it in anyway
Topic Starter
Flanster

Underforest wrote:

8-)
(✿╹◡╹)
Kyonko Hizara
Alright time to start listening to the first couple entries
Zeptaurus
Time to bring in some Swedish music!
SPOILER

'thris thread now belongs to sweden'
LightDreamer
OMG, this is totally the best cover I ever made, even with the crappy audio quality!!!!! I love it, even if it has no harmonies and no back vocals
E k o
It is ok to use songs like SG워너비 - 해바라기 at this stage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tEWo-nCgAc
Topic Starter
Flanster

E k o wrote:

It is ok to use songs like SG워너비 - 해바라기 at this stage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tEWo-nCgAc
Its fine but.. you are not in this competition?? I don't remember nor see your name anywhere on the lists.
E k o
Im just asking for friend, who is now not able to ask.

Thanks for answer.
Kyonko Hizara

E k o wrote:

Im just asking for friend, who is now not able to ask.

Thanks for answer.
If they need to ask something again, please have them ask
Tokufi
wondering if these were acceptable to sing for pop round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3p1ob4ir2A

although i saw it as pop, i wanted to make sure

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LqXN0d8sg
Topic Starter
Flanster

Tokufi wrote:

wondering if these were acceptable to sing for pop round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3p1ob4ir2A

although i saw it as pop, i wanted to make sure

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LqXN0d8sg
Yes and the second one I believe is Pop-Rock. But then again I don't know what to expect from Vocaloid producers.

--------

Also I had a random idea, what do you guys think about making a discord server?
Kyonko Hizara
LightDreamer
Discord, yay! So we can do sing-offs in vocal chat!
Tokufi

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Stefan
1000th post btw.
Slyleaf
I know you've gotten like 100293012938 of these questions but would you consider electronic music as pop. When I think of pop I think of stuff that is upbeat or on the radio but a lot on the radio these days are electronic style music such as Zedd and Porter Robinson. Do these count or is that pushing it?
Kyonko Hizara

Slyleaf wrote:

I know you've gotten like 100293012938 of these questions but would you consider electronic music as pop. When I think of pop I think of stuff that is upbeat or on the radio but a lot on the radio these days are electronic style music such as Zedd and Porter Robinson. Do these count or is that pushing it?
If it can be considered Electronic-pop then yes.
Warfu
Could I sing this? Sako Tomohisa's genre is usually J-Pop and even from the source I downloaded this (with the EP) says J-Pop.
also, cdjapan has it on J-Pop.
http://puu.sh/qsDO6/da1a2e8d02.mp3
(song isn't uploaded on youtube or somewhere else so here's the mp3 kajskajs)

(Also, I would have to sing it as an acapella entry because this song doesn't have an instrumental)
Kyonko Hizara

Warfu wrote:

Could I sing this? Sako Tomohisa's genre is usually J-Pop and even from the source I downloaded this (with the EP) says J-Pop.
http://puu.sh/qsDO6/da1a2e8d02.mp3
(song isn't uploaded on youtube or somewhere else so here's the mp3 kajskajs)

(Also, I would have to sing it as an acapella entry because this song doesn't have an instrumental)
Yes that is fine
Warfu
wow that was fast. Thank you Kyonko :0
Kyonko Hizara

Warfu wrote:

wow that was fast. Thank you Kyonko :0
The only time I'm not looking at the thread is when I am asleep

Topic Starter
Flanster
I have created a discord server for osu!idol
Lets see how it goes, hopefully we can use this for better communication and some announcements.

https://discord.gg/7hZgNeH
Underforest
nice
Zeptaurus
Should I provide translated lyrics of the song I'm singing?
Kyonko Hizara

Zeptaurus wrote:

Should I provide translated lyrics of the song I'm singing?
If you want to you can, but providing a translation is not necessary.
sonniet
I bet I'm gonna be eliminated this round. Lost my earphones :(
Topic Starter
Flanster

Stage 2 Submissions are now *poof*!

It's judging time. give us a week or two depending on how things go!

Whoever hasn't joined our Discord server, you can here!
We'll be using it from now on actively for discussions, announcements, hang out and *cough* some karaoke fun too!
https://twitter.com/osu_Idol/status/764927249237893120
Hakeru
Hello i wanna ask the judges here

according to this tweet
https://twitter.com/osu_Idol/status/764903363444170753
https://twitter.com/osu_Idol/status/764903871323967490

that "but..yeah"
>but
>yeah

is this how you guys being professional as a judges?

my friend aireealistic and litoshi said that they got disqualified because they arent the part of the community, if you guys talking about their osu account, airi made her account right 2 months before the event started and even rei made his account 3 years ago

so it's like we need to play everyday or maybe we should beat cookiezi for being the part of the commu? lol

You do know this person wasted time and energy not to be disqualified for this stupid reason right?
And please think and define what 'part of the community' means
aireealistic
Hello, just wondering if commenting or posting something on this thread will count me in to the "community" :)

alright, I had enough with all these cause they are not logical enough, tbh this is my first time to join such competition. I mean "this" kind of competition where things are not fair enough by disqualifying after 2 stages (3 songs in total) just for such reason.
Even though I am a new user in osu idol doesn't mean that i registered just for "this". I was waiting for the osu update for OSX and i was able to find it that time, and that was the time when osu idol was a hot news, and so I downloaded and registered osu few weeks before joining the osu idol. But hey, I enjoyed osu and i played too, eventho i suck, but i have my stats. Not into the community yet? I do have friends on my osu friendlist :) So do i really have to be in a "gang" to be counted as "in" to the "community" or must i beat an osu master first? but there was no such rule for that in the RULES AND REGULATIONS cause I read it for sure before signing up :) I am always careful before joining any competitions or even chorus batttles.

this is pretty funny to get disqualified just because of this hahaahah. I pity my partner and myself for doing such effort and recorded even though we are very busy with other stuffs like school, chorus battle (hey i was joining 3 CBs), animating stuff, projects, but we still try to spare some time for osu!idol. Wow i should've done something else with such precious time and effort. I am now regretting that I should've just slept earlier last night lol. I shouldn't have pulled an all-nighter just for posting my entry hahahahahaaahhaha.

and fyi, litoshi's acount has been more than 3 years.

singing is not easy man.
and such "sincere apology", i don't think it's enough to cover our efforts in the midway? now think if you're in our position, what would you feel?

Though I have let this thing go, but I wont forget this as such a "WONDERRRRFUUULRLRLRLLR" experience :) and yeah, i think you messed with the wrong person, or idk. but the news has spread all over man, can't stop the media and online users who are deeply disappointed with this news, goodluck for you and your upcoming competitions, or osu!idol for next year. i wonder if this experience will really affect others. Cause the lesson was learned.
Have a nice day and goodluck to the judges and everyone in continuing this without us. Cheers.

sincerely yours,

aireealistic ;)
Kyonko Hizara

Hakeru wrote:

Lots of text
While this is not directly a problem of the judges, as our job is meant to judge the entries, I would however like to reply to your post.

The reason for their duet being disqualified was, yes, because they are not a part of the community. Unfortunately, their entry had slipped through during the registration phase. This year, a rule was put in place to prevent people from registering for the purpose, as someone with a new account is not yet or barely integrated into the community. This is an event that is held every year for the community.

Aireealistic's arrive date says to be the account was created after osu!idol started (account created on 10/6 and event started 1/6), which invalidates your statement of their account being created "before the event started". If there was a previous account they were using, that violates the rules even more. litoshi is inactive both in the game and forums, but that is aside from this reason for the duet being disqualified.

It is understood that there is time and effort that are put into the entries, but letting the duet continue on into other rounds and potentially winning would give a negative look onto the rules and the event. Having talent is not a free-pass for them to continue on. We are sorry that this mistake was made and the accounts of these users were not checked. Mistakes are made, but learn from them and look toward improvements for the upcoming years.

I am sorry that you believe that the disqualification of the duet is "stupid" to you and the users in question. What "part of the community" means should not need to be defined, like as I said before in the opening paragraph that this is held for the community, but we are already looking into how improvements can be made for next year on making the rules more clear and understandable for all users.

aireealistic wrote:

More text
Witty, but your one forum post does not change what I have stated above.

A lot of what I have said above may give you a better look into the situation at hand. I am sorry if you are still unable to comprehend the situation even with a more in depth explanation.

The host and judges are not, as you are saying "messed with the wrong person". It is understandable for you to be upset due to a mistake being made on the staff's end, but the way you are handing the situation is very immature on your part.
Stefan
Just passing into this to leave some words:

1. Yes, it's understandable that the disqualified users are upset about this since it isn't written in the rules - despite you would assume that a game-based event is only for registered users of this game. This includes you were already part of the community before the event started. And I am very sure this will be considered to be added in the rulebook for the osu!idol.

2. However, you need to see that decision from the view of the organization and that rules are rules at the end. It's a unspoken rule since it is basically something obvious. But like said, this won't happen anymore.

3. I'd highly appreciate that only the concerned users would speak about that case and that any unnecessary participations of other users are avoided. To growl at each other brings nothing and no one forward and it's pointless at the end.

Also, since you guys seems to overheat a bit I will close this for a bit.
peppy
Just adding my two cents that this decision makes complete sense?

Anyone who things registering to osu! just to enter a community contest that is intended for people that, you know, actually play the game is... missing the point?

A bit of common sense goes a long way.
show more