forum

osu!idol 2016 Final results!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bonsai

Endaris wrote:

I listen to some entries, but not all. For registrations I listened to Bonsai's entry for example cause I wondered what he'd sing (and he didn't disappoint me, comedian harmonists, lol).
Oh, I've been noticed :^) (I listened to yours too, made me really envious of your ability to accompany yourself ^^;)

I generally listen to the submissions of everybody whose name I'm familiar with (which was like five people lol), else I just pick a few random entries for strategic purposes (since I rarely have the opportunity to record stuff I recorded a few songs in advance, so now I have to decide whether something is good enough for the next round so I can keep the really good stuff for later rounds :^D)
Warfu
40 of ~80, 20 of 40...
This is going to get interesting <w<
Topic Starter
Flanster

Daikyi wrote:

when I had to do something like this, the original sheet that it's being pulled from has to actually like, grant permission beforehand. a sheet being private shouldn't have an effect on the importing i think

the sheet that's trying to be linked is 100% private

after allowing access:

you might have to look at the sheet name capitalization or something?
Thats the problem. I clicked "Allow access" and after that nothing happens. I'll try again later today.
Topic Starter
Flanster
doublepost_woo
This time it worked.

You can now view how much we have completed judging the entries in realtime!

Many thanks to Daikyi for giving this suggestion.

You can view it HERE!

A link to it has been added to the first post under "important links"
Daikyi
\o/ happy to have been of assistance
Endaris
19.4%
Kyonko is already done so the rest of judges contributed 2.8 percentage points to that number.

Flanster wrote:

Regardless, her productivity is better than the rest of the 5 judges combined.
ftfy

Also gj on that status-sheet.
xSynchronize
Often, a judge would give a similar score by looking at other judge's score, wouldn't it be better if you can't see that and just give your own real judgement? Just an idea.
Kyonko Hizara

xSynchronize wrote:

Often, a judge would give a similar score by looking at other judge's score, wouldn't it be better if you can't see that and just give your own real judgement? Just an idea.
When you're on a scale of 1-10 and a lot of people only do whole numbers or .5 you will find some judges have the same feelings on an entry. Also there has never been a problem with it in previous years so why change it?

I'll judge just as mercilessly as I always do~
Topic Starter
Flanster

xSynchronize wrote:

Did you look into your crystal ball :U?
xSynchronize
Crap, my strategy didn't work. Now have mercy on my soul ;_;
Garven

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

xSynchronize wrote:

When you're on a scale of 1-10 and a lot of people only do whole numbers or .5 you will find some judges have the same feelings on an entry. Also there has never been a problem with it in previous years so why change it?

I'll judge just as mercilessly as I always do~
You're also the first one done so it doesn't really apply to you q:
Kyonko Hizara
But it's not like everyone else follows my savageness :U
Garven

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

But it's not like everyone else follows my savageness :U
I'll just vote +3 points compared to all of yours. I might even have a ten!
Kyonko Hizara
Garven and the Elusive 10
Warfu
If I pass or if I don't pass, just asking with time.
Does this song count as a Pop Ballad? Compared to other Pop Ballads, this one sounds similar.
Does this song count as J-Pop?... or maybe more like J-Rock? For me it doesn't sound at all like a J-Rock song(most of Wada Koji's songs are J-Rock... but I still want to sing this one :v).
Opinions? hehe

(Prepare for the upcoming wave of "does this one count as pop?" :v)
Kyonko Hizara

Warfu wrote:

Does this song count as a Pop Ballad? Compared to other Pop Ballads, this one sounds similar.
Does this song count as J-Pop?... or maybe more like J-Rock? For me it doesn't sound at all like a J-Rock song(most of Wada Koji's songs are J-Rock... but I still want to sing this one :v).
Opinions? hehe

The first one, I will agree with you, that sounds like a pop ballad.

The second one leans a lot closer to rock than it does pop with how the guitar and drums are.
[Hiiro Sakaki]
Suggestion for next year : Add a judge that can judge scream/grunt/etc... (No I'm not mad because of the "SAVAGE" flan inflicted to me sn, volsen klsnskl js) I hate you flan <3
MissTitannia
I would like to know if "JPOP/POP" means we can sing KPOP too :)
Warfu

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Warfu wrote:

Opinions? hehe

The first one, I will agree with you, that sounds like a pop ballad.

The second one leans a lot closer to rock than it does pop with how the guitar and drums are.
Yeah you're right about the 2nd one. Thank youuuu :D

MissTitannia wrote:

I think every kind of Pop is allowed. "POP" (as the word by itself right there) should not draw any limits on languages (K-Pop, J-Pop) or rhythms :)
Maybe they wrote JPOP because Japanese songs are mostly well known on osu!
Cadenza

MissTitannia wrote:

p/5186712
No language barriers! Ill be singing in korean for thr next round if I pass :)
MissTitannia
Thanks a lot! :)
I would love to sing a song from my favourite drama if i pass to the next round ^^
Topic Starter
Flanster

MissTitannia wrote:

I would love to sing a song from my favourite drama if i pass to the next round ^^
If you don't pass there will definitely be drama.
Underforest
LOL
Zeptaurus
This is really fun, by the way! I remember seeing this last year but that was right when it finished up. Happy I could take part this year!
Asmira
:D People with talent.
Kyonko Hizara

MissTitannia wrote:

Any language of pop is 100% fine
Garven
I love hearing any non English singing, so more variety the better!
LightDreamer
So pop-ballad is alright, uh? Prepare for some Sailor Moon OST

Nooooo....! There isn't any correct instrumental of the song, just a short piano version
Topic Starter
Flanster
I'm quite rusty at this, don't expect very interesting comments from my side of the lawn.
Kyonko Hizara

Flanster wrote:

I'm quite rusty at this, don't expect very interesting comments from my side of the lawn.
I got you on the comments
Topic Starter
Flanster

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Flanster wrote:

I got you on the comments
You get me too much! Are you taking over?!
Warfu

LightDreamer wrote:

Nooooo....! There isn't any correct instrumental of the song, just a short piano version
Team Pop-Ballads xD

Flanster wrote:

MissTitannia wrote:

If you don't pass there will definitely be drama.
Bruh really :V
Kyonko Hizara

LightDreamer wrote:

The pop genre is pretty large so... go crazy! :U

Flanster wrote:

You get me too much! Are you taking over?!
Naw I just have a lot of time to add a lot of comments :U
CptHampton

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Brb learning "Swamp Pop"
Kyonko Hizara

CptHampton wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Brb learning "Swamp Pop"
Give me those ol' 50s-60s jams :U
Topic Starter
Flanster

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I'll stick to 90s jams
Daikyi
"50's-60's jam"

-> pretty old jam eh

LightDreamer

Flanster wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I'll stick to 90s jams
I think this is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen....

And just want to make sure this is truly pop-ballad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks636CgrwnA
I think it is because of the drums, but maybe it is too slow
MissTitannia
I have to interrupt your jams (but not spill them!) by asking how to determine if a song is pop for sure. It's not on wikipedia, and even tho the artist is supposed to be "j-pop" i'm a bit worried that it seems like rock. D:
I'm also sure that others will have similar problems when searching for their pop song, but im going on holiday soon so i will record it now just in case :)

EDIT: I found a perfect site for J-POP: http://jpop.wikia.com and i found my song there so i'm happy :D I'm posting it here so it can help people in doubt from the future
Garven
Am I too late to join the jam party?

I'm not sure if when we say pop is more of a pop style of singing or if it's a pop genre song to perform over though. Can Flan clarify?
show more