forum

osu!idol 2016 Final results!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Quasar
Fighting against time sucks so much. I'm also really disappointed in my entry. Oh well.

Btw, I've given a listen to all the other entries. Y'all make me jealous. Good luck to everyone!!
Endaris
Mh, 25 entries still missing o_o
I listen to some entries, but not all. For registrations I listened to Bonsai's entry for example cause I wondered what he'd sing (and he didn't disappoint me, comedian harmonists, lol).
And people I enjoyed listening to last year like CptHampton, Slyleaf...
Tokufi
1 HOUR GUYS, GOGOGO WE NEED 24 MORE ENTRIES
[ A v a l o n ]
singing brain power . . . auto wins :P
CptHampton
With an hour to spare I finally got a take I felt like submitting. I'm so tired of listening to my own voice by now... :|
Warfu
Woah I wasn't the only one :'v, I just uploaded it akjskajs.
Under the deadline countdown! aww
Tokufi

CptHampton wrote:

With an hour to spare I finally got a take I felt like submitting. I'm so tired of listening to my own voice by now... :|
OMG U SINGING LANDSLIDE I LOVE YOU <3
Kyonko Hizara

Flanster wrote:

Goin to bed, when I wake up its closin time :)
Obligatory

Warfu

Tokufi wrote:

OMG U SINGING LANDSLIDE I LOVE YOU <3
OMG LANDSLIDE?!!? I LOVE YOU X2!!

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Flanster wrote:

Goin to bed, when I wake up its closin time :)
Obligatory

dat wake me up for Flanster aksjaks
Tokufi
2 MINUTES, GOGOGOGO 19 MORE ;-;
Topic Starter
Flanster
aaaaaaand closed, stay tuned :P
Zeva[FL]
Not 101 :(
SaintHarlequinn
Oh wow, 21 people didn't submit? :( Sad days
Thievley
/shrug
sonniet

Zeptaurus wrote:

To the other contestants: do you like listenting to others entries or do you get too nervous? I can't bring myself to do it, heh.
I listen to the ones with familiar titles on soundcloud. I don't really listen to the puush ones and the other ones.
Topic Starter
Flanster

79/101 contestants are on the list!
Due to this, the pass requirements will change, take a look at the first post in this thread for updated information.

Judging can now start, we'll try to do this within a week. Good luck to everyone!
For those who didn't make it or did not wish to continue, see you again next year!

Document is private for now ofcourse.

Meanwhile I'm sick, going to bed immediately.
If I missed anything, PM me.
Daikyi
Would it be possible to make a new google sheet that references the % finished in the phase 1 judging (there's an importrange function)
so that people know how far the judging has progressed and such
Garven

Kaenjyou wrote:

I'm sorry Garven, I failed your expectations for this round.
I only expect to be swayed by all of your fine singing! (how did I turn into the really nice judge?)
Pyrka

Garven wrote:

Kaenjyou wrote:

I'm sorry Garven, I failed your expectations for this round.
I only expect to be swayed by all of your fine singing! (how did I turn into the really nice judge?)
Well im sure it wasn't because of your awareness of deadlines, I hope you get me ;D
Garven

Lyra wrote:

Well im sure it wasn't because of your awareness of deadlines, I hope you get me ;D
Hush you.
Spazza17
Man I completely forgot about this, oh well I'll just listen to the other entries, good luck everyone :D
Topic Starter
Flanster

Daikyi wrote:

Would it be possible to make a new google sheet that references the % finished in the phase 1 judging (there's an importrange function)
I'll look into that.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work, just keeps saying it can't find the spreadsheet even though I'm giving it the correct sheet IDs. Unless im missing something, which I doubt. Second attempt did ask me to connect the sheets but still nothing happened.

Kyonko Hizara
Alright time to start moving everything to the judging sheet
Garven
Kyonko putting all of us judges to shame before I can even get off my work shift.
dragonfire232
Now, if I may make a request, please next year can you make it a bit clearer who gets through to the Stage 1? Could you please post it to the announcements because there are a few who don't check the twitter page like me and don't get to see announcements.

I got through to Stage 1 but was never able to submit anything since it wasn't posted on here and I checked at the last second, next year, could you please post results on the announcements? So sorry about this, never mind, there's always next year!
Cadenza

Flanster wrote:

Daikyi wrote:

I'll look into that.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work, just keeps saying it can't find the spreadsheet even though I'm giving it the correct sheet IDs. Unless im missing something, which I doubt. Second attempt did ask me to connect the sheets but still nothing happened.

Maybe it's because the sheet is private? :O

Creating a duplicate one to link from might solve the issue
Kyonko Hizara

dragonfire232 wrote:

Now, if I may make a request, please next year can you make it a bit clearer who gets through to the Stage 1? Could you please post it to the announcements because there are a few who don't check the twitter page like me and don't get to see announcements.

I got through to Stage 1 but was never able to submit anything since it wasn't posted on here and I checked at the last second, next year, could you please post results on the announcements? So sorry about this, never mind, there's always next year!
The title of the thread says which phase is currently going on and says the stage as well, whether it be registration (which is marked with the date started and the date you have to register by) or judging. Many users frequently check this thread, and Flanster has said many times to keep up with this thread for updates. You can also follow the osu!idol Twitter @osu_Idol and turn on notifications so you know exactly when updates happen.
dragonfire232
Okay I'll make sure to do it next year.

Thanks.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Cadenza wrote:

Maybe it's because the sheet is private? :O

Creating a duplicate one to link from might solve the issue
Yes, I thought so too. Its probably that and if so, theres nothing that can be done. The source itself is private.

Confirmed, works with 2015's idol sheet which is public. Sigh Google.
Daikyi
when I had to do something like this, the original sheet that it's being pulled from has to actually like, grant permission beforehand. a sheet being private shouldn't have an effect on the importing i think

the sheet that's trying to be linked is 100% private

after allowing access:

you might have to look at the sheet name capitalization or something?
Kyonko Hizara
I had 20 entries still to judge today since I've been busy 80% of the week but all done now. I can't wait to see who passes ╭(♡・ㅂ・)و ̑̑
Bonsai

Endaris wrote:

I listen to some entries, but not all. For registrations I listened to Bonsai's entry for example cause I wondered what he'd sing (and he didn't disappoint me, comedian harmonists, lol).
Oh, I've been noticed :^) (I listened to yours too, made me really envious of your ability to accompany yourself ^^;)

I generally listen to the submissions of everybody whose name I'm familiar with (which was like five people lol), else I just pick a few random entries for strategic purposes (since I rarely have the opportunity to record stuff I recorded a few songs in advance, so now I have to decide whether something is good enough for the next round so I can keep the really good stuff for later rounds :^D)
Warfu
40 of ~80, 20 of 40...
This is going to get interesting <w<
Topic Starter
Flanster

Daikyi wrote:

when I had to do something like this, the original sheet that it's being pulled from has to actually like, grant permission beforehand. a sheet being private shouldn't have an effect on the importing i think

the sheet that's trying to be linked is 100% private

after allowing access:

you might have to look at the sheet name capitalization or something?
Thats the problem. I clicked "Allow access" and after that nothing happens. I'll try again later today.
Topic Starter
Flanster
doublepost_woo
This time it worked.

You can now view how much we have completed judging the entries in realtime!

Many thanks to Daikyi for giving this suggestion.

You can view it HERE!

A link to it has been added to the first post under "important links"
Daikyi
\o/ happy to have been of assistance
Endaris
19.4%
Kyonko is already done so the rest of judges contributed 2.8 percentage points to that number.

Flanster wrote:

Regardless, her productivity is better than the rest of the 5 judges combined.
ftfy

Also gj on that status-sheet.
xSynchronize
Often, a judge would give a similar score by looking at other judge's score, wouldn't it be better if you can't see that and just give your own real judgement? Just an idea.
Kyonko Hizara

xSynchronize wrote:

Often, a judge would give a similar score by looking at other judge's score, wouldn't it be better if you can't see that and just give your own real judgement? Just an idea.
When you're on a scale of 1-10 and a lot of people only do whole numbers or .5 you will find some judges have the same feelings on an entry. Also there has never been a problem with it in previous years so why change it?

I'll judge just as mercilessly as I always do~
Topic Starter
Flanster

xSynchronize wrote:

Did you look into your crystal ball :U?
show more