forum

just curious

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
c-atsuit
is it better to play harder maps, or play slightly easier maps with hrhd if you want to improve? or with mods in general, but in my case i dont really play anything other than hrhd lol
autoteleology
Play a mix of maps you can play consistently, and a mix of maps that are slightly out of your reach. There is no formula outside of understanding your own limitations and working within them.
Xyrus_old_1
Playing harder nomods will make you better at nomod and maybe a little better at DT, playing harder DT maps will make you better at DT and maybe a little better at nomod. Playing easy maps won't make you better at anything but if you enjoy playing them, have fun.
Mahogany
Play the most difficult nomod maps you can FC
ithgyu
play the most difficult map you cant fc but can get like 93% on.... and also play some stuff you can fc to build up some consistency as well
Yolshka

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Playing easy maps won't make you better at anything but if you enjoy playing them, have fun.
I mean yeah, after you SS'd an awesome map it feels kind of weird not to play again when the song is so good. Feels like you threw the map away.
Although I can see that , if you can consistently SS a map, then there's pretty much little to no room left to improve on that map.
But I don't think it makes you worse. Well I hope so :)
oil

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Playing harder nomods will make you better at nomod and maybe a little better at DT, playing harder DT maps will make you better at DT and maybe a little better at nomod. Playing easy maps won't make you better at anything but if you enjoy playing them, have fun.

i know im a month new and I shouldn't be correcting anyone here but playing easier maps can and will help you play harder maps. lets say you can pass 5 star maps with horrible acc and tons of misses. if you go back and SS 4 star maps, you should be able to pass 5 star maps with okay acc and few misses. retracing your steps and mastering it can do great wonders in your osu! experience

if you cant SS 4 star maps, go to 3.5 maps and keep going lower and lower till you find a reach where you can SS maps and slow work your way up again
Topic Starter
c-atsuit
wait guys i didnt mean like fcing songs with mods i meant like. say instead of passing a high 6* song with crappy acc and combo you pass a high 5* song with hrhd with decent acc and like combo. so i guess i should work on just getting better at the nomod maps right?
ithgyu
you shouldnt be playing ar10 yet, so no hdhr, if you want to be good this should be the end of the discussion
Xyrus_old_1

rmada wrote:

i know im a month new and I shouldn't be correcting anyone here but playing easier maps can and will help you play harder maps. lets say you can pass 5 star maps with horrible acc and tons of misses. if you go back and SS 4 star maps, you should be able to pass 5 star maps with okay acc and few misses. retracing your steps and mastering it can do great wonders in your osu! experience if you cant SS 4 star maps, go to 3.5 maps and keep going lower and lower till you find a reach where you can SS maps and slow work your way up again
You won't learn to FC 5* maps by going for SS on 4* maps. You learn to FC 5* maps by playing 5* maps and challenging yourself to do better. Going for SS on 4* maps just makes you better at the 4* maps you're trying to SS, it won't help you with anything else.

None of the SSs I achieved on 4* maps helped me FC 5* maps, they just boosted my weighted acc. and in the case of Utsukushi Sekai, boosted my PP when it was my top Rank <3
KRNK_old_1
You absolutely can get better by just playing nomod, but you won't really improve with your skill with mods either. Mods needs some practice as well.
4* dt ≠ 5* hr ≠ 6*star nomod
ithgyu
taml fprd fp hearthstne th onlyugme you an ply ater 15 standards XD kapps no cappy i lovbe you guys have my bagys suck my suck ahahahahahhahhahhahah thank hgo dim 1020 kol kwk