forum

Using a mousepad?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Antiforte
Hey, people of the circle clickers.

As an act of desperation, I wonder if getting a mousepad is necessary to improvement. Since I have never used a mousepad in my whole time (2 years) of playing osu!, I've begun to notice the wear and tear on both the mouse and wooden table. Not only that, it also causes uneven friction points that totally mess with the way I play. I'm already level 99, yet I am still rank 47k. My friends are passing me, and most players who played as long as me are already hitting the top 5000.

What are your opinions? Do you think a mousepad is necessary for improvement at this point, or is there a possible way to improve without getting one?
Sayorie
If you have budget, you can opt for a Steelseries QCK Heavy, costing at around 1000+ php. You can find them in most SM Datablitz stores. This is a very thick and large mousepad, which can solve your problems with uneven surfaces, and is large enough to compensate for mouse drift. You can also get a QCK+ (not Heavy) if you don't have that much money.

The reason why I don't give other options, for non-Filipinos here in this thread, is because it's difficult to find other brands of mousepads here in our country, and Steelseries mousepads are the only popular ones here.
FrzR

Arthraxium wrote:

If you have budget, you can opt for a Steelseries QCK Heavy, costing at around 1000+ php. You can find them in most SM Datablitz stores. This is a very thick and large mousepad, which can solve your problems with uneven surfaces, and is large enough to compensate for mouse drift. You can also get a QCK+ (not Heavy) if you don't have that much money.

The reason why I don't give other options, for non-Filipinos here in this thread, is because it's difficult to find other brands of mousepads here in our country, and Steelseries mousepads are the only popular ones here.
You don't really need to get that big of a mousepad imo. A standard QcK or a Razer Goliathus should do you fine for a budget option.

Also, a mousepad is recommended for mouse players since you can have that consistent feel with the surface while playing. There is a possible way to improve without getting one, as long as your surface is good enough for your mouse to track with.
DeathHydra
Not necessary, but recommended to have. I don't have one btw, my desk is good enough
Endie-

DeathAdderz wrote:

Not necessary, but recommended to have.
Just don't expect massive improvement. The only way to get better is to play more and practice. Good luck trying to catch up with your friends!
KanoSet

Endie- wrote:

DeathAdderz wrote:

Not necessary, but recommended to have.
Just don't expect massive improvement. The only way to get better is to play more and practice. Good luck trying to catch up with your friends!
NEVER GIVE UP!
autoteleology
I have no idea how anyone even uses a mouse without a pad. It can't feel good on whatever part of your wrist/arm is touching the desk.

I have a huge callus on the right side of my wrist purely from desk friction and I use a pad. It would probably be three times as worse without.
NixXSkate

Philosofikal wrote:

I have no idea how anyone even uses a mouse without a pad. It can't feel good on whatever part of your wrist/arm is touching the desk.

I have a huge callus on the right side of my wrist purely from desk friction and I use a pad. It would probably be three times as worse without.
Me when I didn't use a mousepad (and liked to spin) :
RokoIgra
yes
hmmm quite interesting
YuwaHimeko
Hmmm, Indeed man Really nice necro there hmmm, Really is interesting..
wowcake
Next time, if you see a post with 1~ year+ as its latest reply/comment

Try to not bump it (starting the conversation again), Sometimes, it is best to leave it as it is...