forum

Any advice for DT ar 8 or fast BPMs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aeeiku
Just check my top ranks for ideas of where stage I'm at.

The aiming part isn't a problem at these difficulties atm, just the triples and fast bpm streams of 5-7+ notes... can't seem to stream fast without mashing. Triples aren't too difficult if there's no ghimmicky stuff involved. Any tips for keyboard hand or maybe even tips for reading or anything else would be appreciated
Hvick711
I'm only talking about my own experience and how I trained ect.
If what you're asking for is how to get speed. It's just all about playing too fast stuff for your fingers for example.
If you can only stream <200 bpm and want to get faster play >210 bpm but not too fast generally because it's just mashing at that point, but mashing on the other hand is great aswell for your finger speed and stamina, but bad for your acc. Honestly getting faster is just a matter of time you spend on high bpm. The way I trained my speed was by playing this for at least once a day https://osu.ppy.sh/s/367631. Another problem you may be facing is lack of stamina. Build up stamina by playing longer maps with many bursts / streams like 4 dimension maps.
Yuudachi-kun
The deceit is an amazing map and in 2 months I went from 600 misses on avg to 250 misses.
Endie-

Khelly wrote:

The deceit is an amazing map and in 2 months I went from 600 misses on avg to 250 misses.
Making an 11k player play The deceit sounds like a great idea! notice the sarcasm
Anywho, The best way to improve your finger tapping speeds is to practice. Try searching for "ar=8" and play different maps with DT.
Hvick711

Endie- wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Making an 11k player play The deceit sounds like a great idea! notice the sarcasm
Anywho, The best way to improve your finger tapping speeds is to practice. Try searching for "ar=8" and play different maps with DT.
What's wrong with playing deceit at 11k rank? Its never optimal to play deceit the map is too hard for everyone.
Endie-

-Toushin wrote:

What's wrong with playing deceit at 11k rank? Its never optimal to play deceit the map is too hard for everyone.
Trying to play 250 bpm deathstreams for 10 minutes will only result in injuries. That time could be spent actually practicing.
OP does what he wants to obviously. Idaf.
KanoSet
practice practice practice.
Rilene

-Toushin wrote:

Do you even know that map has 250-270 BPM >40 note deathstreams spread all over in a map, plus final jumpscreen at 270 BPM which makes the diff spike, 8*.
Heck, that map has only few nomod pass so far.

But maybe the OP needs to build stamina from low BPM like Ice Angel no mod, if he can play CS 5 though.
Hvick711

Rilene wrote:

-Toushin wrote:

Do you even know that map has 250-270 BPM >40 note deathstreams spread all over in a map, plus final jumpscreen at 270 BPM which makes the diff spike, 8*.
Heck, that map has only few nomod pass so far.

But maybe the OP needs to build stamina from low BPM like Ice Angel no mod, if he can play CS 5 though.
Op asked how to get speed I'm obviously telling from my own experience how I trained it.
And the map is certaintly not impossible to train on.
Rilene
If he/she aims for speed, he/she should start from low then gradually rather than a huge leap to the hardest of the hardest.

That map is very hard in terms of stamina and streaming speed even with HT.

Even if it is not impossible but it is still extremely hard at the point of unpassable to OP, OP should try something around 5.5* streamy map, 8* streamy map is just too much.
Topic Starter
aeeiku
Yeh I appreciate the suggestion but I'm not gonna play deceit... 8-)
I was thinking more advice for being accurate in DT, seems that speed is the key, but does anyone who has got past some 250+ pp dt farmed scores have any tips that helped them overcome this? Obviously to play more is the key but any advice along the road would be helpful... e.g. try explaining something with your keyboard hand or reading or nerves / pressure... in linguistic english 8-)

much appreciated!:)

and again, check my profile for my rankings to get a feel for what stage im at
The Gambler
Aim for songs < 240BPM. That's the slowest of most easy DT maps.

Make sure to play lots of 10.3 and HR as well
Yuudachi-kun

Endie- wrote:

-Toushin wrote:

Trying to play 250 bpm deathstreams for 10 minutes will only result in injuries. That time could be spent actually practicing.
OP does what he wants to obviously. Idaf.

I played the deceit for 90 minutes in a row and I got no injuries; your claim is false.

Then finally I was able to do this agter playing it a lot more since then @toushin

I wholeheartedly disagree that it's not optimal to play on because the deceit gave me 90% of my longstream stamina now.

@OP just copy my lowest 20 DT plays that say 9/10 months ago. Actually, look through the entire thing for maps that say 7-11 months ago, put them in a list and try to fc.
N0thingSpecial
it really doesn't have to be deceit you know lol
Sup A Noob
One word: Practice. If you want to know which maps to, just look at the leaderboards and see the number of DTs in the top 40. The more, the easier the DT and the less, the harder. Use that knowledge to judge how you want to train up your DT.
silento
Just start at the BPM you want to learn and play it until you can play it effortlessly. Then learn to stream that BPM. Then play slightly lower BPM to reestablish finger control.

Rinse and repeat as you keep going higher in speed.
Yuudachi-kun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

it really doesn't have to be deceit you know lol

DECEITTTT

We didn't have those maps when I was a kid; you new players have it so good
Hvick711
speed > acc
Yuudachi-kun

-Toushin wrote:

speed > acc
Aim > Speed > acc
N0thingSpecial