forum

Disable Spinner Skinning [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Anzo
Well... my gameplay lags when the spinner loads... my combo breaks because of that...

But I somehow did some alternative... :)

Using the skin I like (not the osu! default), On that skin folder, I replaced the spinner-background.png with a pixel image. I removed
(or moved to another folder) the spinner approach circle, or everything with spinner-*********.png on it's filename (except the BG)

The deleted ones will use the osu! default skins, while nothing but black as the spinner background...

I used EBA skin here, and doing all the procedures above.
You may also see the scoreboard while spinning...

The problem is that, it may not work on skinned songs (especially the ones with spinner images)
Replacing those files is a very difficult task, I mean I have a lot of skinned songs....

How about having an option to remove all of those spinner skins...??

(Sorry... If you encounter problems regarding about my ENGLISH... I'm a filipino... excuse me)
Derekku
There will not be a toggle to remove skins from maps (and this has been denied over and over again in the past).

However, lagging from a spinner shouldn't happen. Have you tried using the frame limiter or changing between directx and opengl? There should be similar threads on the Help forum for that.
Topic Starter
Anzo
Woah... sorry 'bout that...
I only have a near low-end PC (the new one is not mine) ... I meet the system requirements but I only stick with OpenGL and VSync option, can't use DX..

Just wondering why my gameplay lags more when setting the low-end PC option, weird isn't it? So I'm not enabling that option.
I guess I have to stick with the alternative, thanks anyway.