forum

Accuracy Trouble

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xilly
Hey everyone! So first off I'd like to happy say I've broken 50k world today ( not that it matters, but I'm happy about that). Cut to the chase.

So recently I've been playing and I've been getting FC's But the issue is along with that FC, I'd be getting DREADFUL accuracy. Any help with this? I've been trying to feel the music and tap to the beat, but I always seem to be hitting 100's, especially on jumps. It's pissing me off mainly because I'm wasting so much PP with those runs and I'd really like to get the most I possibly can on the beatmaps I play. Let me show you some examples :(

http://imgur.com/a/z2J5u

4.69 and 5.13 star maps definitely give more than 119 pp....
Hvick711
One of the reasons could be misreading actually yeah that might be it. Try playing with hidden or just start playing lower star rating maps and really focus on the music.
N0thingSpecial
Usually it means you're play something that is too hard for you, or you have terrible latency, or you're mashing, or your offset is not right for you
Noomn
Try listen to a high acc play or see what the mapper mapped the map too and try play to that, sense of rhythm man :D
-Makishima S-
Learn proper reading - acc suffers a lot when your reading is shit.
Play easier maps, use in search engine "od>=8", go to easier maps and just play.
Acc comes with practice.
Xyrus_old_1
Play easier maps until you find a level where you can get accuracy that you're happy with.
E m i
Since I don't think it's possible to get that kind of acc just because of having bad acc, I urge you to
1. enable hitsounds
2. share the hit error of those plays
Sup A Noob
Symphonia, how do you approach each song?
Yolshka
apologize for the english
sry for the longs post

This thread is 3 days old but i hope OP will notice it.
So there have been some threads opened recently about asking advice on accuracy, so I think I should give you my opinion on this now.
Feel free to disagree though because these aren't rules.
I'm also curious about how other people see this thing.

I think that accuracy is entirely a choice you make.
There are 3 types of accuracy:
Weighted- The avg accuracy of your top ranks.
In game- The accuracy that you have while playing a map.
And overall accuracy- You can see this when submitting a score.

The most important ones are weighted and in game acc,tbh I don't think anyone cares about overall acc.
Me, I have a decent weighted accuracy. The way I managed to get it is the following.
Not submitting a score with an accuracy that doesn't make me happy.
If a do submit it for some reason, I tend to fix it later by getting better.
And this is where the 'choice' part comes in.It really just depends on what makes you happy.
Although I think it's really easy to get greedy here, and if you do get greedy, that might affect your improvement rate.

Also, weighted accuracy is really not precise at all.
My weighted accuracy is high, though that does not mean I have a great accuracy, in fact, let's just say that it's not great at all.
That would be because you have to take ranks into consideration as well.
Let's just use Khelly as an example here, he's active on gnr.
So Khelly, if you read his previous posts or the people's whom he had conversations with, you'll notice that he's supposed to be a 'low accuracy player'.
Now, that might be true for his rank, I don't know that, but compared to us, his accuracy is in fact insane.(op, we are somewhat close to ranks).
The difference in ranks is so high, that he'd be able to SS every one of my top plays, without exceptions, with perfect accuracy, if he choose to do that.
But he'd not chose that, because it wouldn't improve his skills at all.
So in short, if right now Khelly was at 40k with his current skills, he'd have a 100% weighted accuracy, but with superior aim/speed/reading whatever, which we lack, that's why the low ranking.
Khelly as far as I know is an aim player, and if you take a look at his improvement rate, you'll see that he's a perfect example of a succesful player.

I'm not saying accuracy is useless to train, it really isn't, but it's just more fun.
Practicing for aim is what keeps you improving as a player, but not everyone is suited to do that, beucase it's just not fun, for me at least.

So the point is, going for FC-s should be the focus, and accuracy is your choice.
Though don't take my words for granted, because it might be stupid the way I'm thinking who knows.
Floob
Play for aim because aim is everything
Manysi
i just found low bpm maps that i could enjoy and played them a lot which solved the very same problem you have OP
Xyrus_old_1

Momiji wrote:

1. enable hitsounds

Also, don't forget to adjust the volume for hitsounds AND music so that you can clearly hear the hitsounds over the music. Finding a skin with hitsounds that are easy to hear helps as well.

ShadyAngel wrote:

Me, I have a decent weighted accuracy.

99.97 == "decent"

*cries*
autoteleology
1. Pick a skin without obnoxious hitsounds or unnecessary visual details so you can hear and see what's going on properly
2. Check for USB latency (which really fucked my shit up until a few days ago)
3. Make sure you're not using VSync because it puts you a frame behind - use the highest frame option you can use
4. Check for audio latency
5. Use a key entry method that isn't garbage
6. Make sure your posture isn't putting stress on your arms or hands
7. Get a monitor with input lag that isn't horrible (if you're playing on an old TV or something knock it off)
8. play more