forum

How did you get introduced to Osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
The title explains it all.

Bonus points if you say what made you stick.
Rilene
because weeb community
-Requiem-
Uh, I can't remember why and how I discovered this game >:( Think I saw it on tv or something.
Endie-
General Discussion is for non-osu! related topics. Try Gameplay and Rankings instead.
am I cool now?

OT: Was at a LAN party and saw someone playing osu!, and the rest is history...
Rilene

Endie- wrote:

am I cool now?
omg can i have you sig?!
im ur #1 fan!!
Mahogany
Some dude was shitposting about it on a league of legends forum during 1 of the 2 weeks I played lol

Tried it

Stuck with it

Quit league
TicClick
it's osu!, with o in lowercase
Mahogany
triggered
Horaizon-
Searching for a songs bpm amd i saw a beatmap and i thought "whats osu!?" So i downloaded and installed it and the rest is history
Razzy
One of my friends in Facebook chat was talking about it 3-4 years ago, that's how I discovered it

I didn't actually start playing until January this year after watching some osu! world cup videos
DeathHydra
I saw my friend playing it years ago. I didn't play it at that time because I wasn't into anime until last year. Got interested in Japanese songs after watching some animes and suddenly remembered about this game
Rurree
MyAnimeList.
Zain Sugieres
6 years ago I was looking for a fun game and played offline for like 2 weeks.
Then came back 3 years ago and made this account and played for like 1-2 months if I remember right.
then came back 6 months ago and started playing seriously in December.
roshan117
youtube
Luqanted
cause of my weeb friend
Lacrimae
by a friend of mine who keeps talking about it on facebook
mokyu
󠀡
Deleca7755
Youtube :lol:

Me and my sister found out from some video and we only had a Chromebook at the time lmao. So I learned more about it but she RIP'd like 2 years ago ;-; I think it was a Cookiezi video? There was also some Fluttershy beatmap we saw because we are bronies :3
phionebaby56
I have heard about osu from some users on a minecraft server forum, who were talking about the game and how they had cleared a beat map ect. So I decided to try it out and since then I'm hooked up to osu now.
Kitsunex
cookiezi and scarlet rose
furikuri
My huion 420 tablet.
No I am not joking I started off as a tablet player
roshan117

Ran Ran Ru wrote:

My huion 420 tablet.
No I am not joking I started off as a tablet player
niiiiice
Nub1
my friend told me about the game and we used to play together.. at least until they're leaving one by one.. oh memories
Prince Felix
i was watching a step mania video on youtube and an osu video was in the suggestions (a looooooong time ago :oops: )
Kxrbx
Hm i don't really remember i think some of my friends took me there
Eiuh

Endie- wrote:

OT: Was at a LAN party and saw someone playing osu!, and the rest is history...
Akemi-kun
teacher had osu! on her laptop, then a year later, she is gone
Andrea
My best friend in real life showed me the game!

We are talking of almost 8 years ago.
vinnicci
kittamiau
my jabroni friend bragged about being in sub 1k rank.
i donwloaded the game and then played for 2 years and introduced my current gf to the game who is now playing almost the same maps as me lål
Hibiya-chan
Watching PewDiePie's vids when I saw him playing the game :3
Surono

Lacrimae wrote:

by a friend of mine who keeps talking about it on facebook
same, but mostly they become inactive, who introduced to osu!
Kerosene7
Cubehamster on youtube
deathvalentine0
Got bored playing league. And then, I am trying to find a good rhythm game a I found this and I think it was WWW at #1 those days.
deathvalentine0

deathvalentine0 wrote:

Got bored playing league. And then, I am trying to find a good rhythm game a I found this and I think it was WWW at #1 those days. It made me play it more at the time a saw the guy on youtube dancing at rockefeller street. Last, I love how free it is and then you play maps created by the players.
Zafufu
A witch brought me here, and it was a curse (in a good way of course.)
hyouri
Andrei
Saw the game 3 years ago on a LoL streamer, I tried it, I didn't like it after 5 minutes of gameplay and last year in april, this guy got me into it https://osu.ppy.sh/u/rexaru
show more