forum

E3 News that is at least interesting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ROMaster2
OK, here is the low down from what I'm reading:

1. Final Fantasy XIII will be released for the 360.
  2. The entire Rock Band 2 List has been revealed.
  3. Resident Evil 5 will launch at March 13, 2009.
  4. There is a new accessory for the Wiimote called 'the Wii MotionPlus'.
  5. Bunch of Gears of War 2 info.
  6. Resident Evil 5 will have Online Co-Op featured at E3.
  7. Fallout 3 will have Exclusive DLC for the Xbox 360 and PC.
  8. Lego Batman Trailer (Haven't seen it myself yet).
  9. Donkey Kong 3 FINALLY for the Virtual Console.
  10. iNiS developing Lips, a karaoke game, for the 360.
  11. Geometry Wars 2 and a new Galaga game will be released on XBLA.
  12. Rock Band disc content can be ported to Rock Band 2 for 'under 5 dollars'.
  13. Microsoft is joining Netflix for content across the 360, 360 gets a Mii Ripoff avatar system, and a new Dashboard.
  14. Gears of War 2 to be released Novermber 7, 2008.
  15. Portal: Still Alive is a sequel to Portal, not much is known about it.
  16. That new Duke Nuken will be on the DS and PSP too.
  17. Fable II comes out in October this year.
  18. Star Wars: Battlefront III IS confirmed, and will be on every system.
  19. Similar to Netflix and Microsoft, Sony has joined with Go!View, and new Video-On-Demand company.
Nintendo's conference summed up
Wii Sports Resort, a new game for the casuals. Comes with the ballsack (WiiMotionPlus) for improved pleasure and the precision that should've been in the Wiimote from day 1.A snowboarding game using the Balance Board.Wii Music will be released.Spore and new Guitar Hero for the DS. Oh, and GTA for teh coerz becuz thei luv gunz. <3New Animal Crossing for the Wii, includes new stuff like a city.Star Wars game, new Call of Duty and another Wii game I forgot about. tl;dr: Nintendo announcing that they've given up on the hardcore gamers. Also, puppies and ballsacks. //Loginer

Sony's conference summed up
God of War 3 announced. Infamous, a new action game, announced. MAG(Multiplayer Action Game), an MMOFPS with up to 256 players in the same game, announced. New Resistance game announced for both the PS3 and PSP. New Ratchet and Clank game announced for both the PS3 and PSP. Gran Turismo 5 will offer videos of real races for free. MMORPG with DC characters announcedMovies and TV shows purchasable through the Playstation Network, released tonight(July 15). More on Little Big Planet and Home. New PS2 and PSP packs, price drop on 80 GB PS3. Pretty boring and dragged out conference, but it blows Nintendo's out of the water. Microsoft wins this E3 by far, though. //Loginer
awp
Yay more RE

If it's not being put on the Wii as well as the two titans it's gonna be ehhhh though; the Wii's controller is much better for GUN GAEMs
Rasec_old
You should also add the fact that final fantasy XIII is also coming to the Xbox 360.
And that bungie going to have a press conference in this Wednesday that may be very interesting.

The rest of the news are pretty cool but nothing amazing.
This E3 until now is short of big news, but who knows, it's not over yet.
Loginer
Added FF13.
So, I heard Nintendo improved the dildo, adding ballsacks. Why not just release a new Wiimote instead of using that... Thing? >_>
Topic Starter
ROMaster2
Ok, this is more overwhelming than I thought, I'm going to be posting, one game at a time.

I'll go with Rock Band 2 first :D
Rasec_old

Loginer wrote:

Added FF13.
So, I heard Nintendo improved the dildo, adding ballsacks. Why not just release a new Wiimote instead of using that... Thing? >_>
Yup, but it doesn't seem very important. it's more like an add-on as you can see in this pic.

Also here is the info if you want to read it:

Nintendo's upcoming Wii™ MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote™ controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player's arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion. Every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play. The Wii MotionPlus accessory reconfirms Nintendo's commitment to making games intuitive and accessible for everyone. Nintendo will reveal more details about the Wii MotionPlus accessory and other topics Tuesday morning at its E3 media briefing.
Saturos
Wii MotionPlus has me interested. May solve a lot of motion sensor problems that most 3rd party Wii games suffer from (my personal gripe is Super Swing).
Topic Starter
ROMaster2
Topic Starter
ROMaster2
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Shirotora_old

Saturos wrote:

Wii MotionPlus has me interested. May solve a lot of motion sensor problems that most 3rd party Wii games suffer from (my personal gripe is Super Swing).
What God said.

[edit:] ... come on, have you seen his DT Marisa screenshot? He's got to be. =o [/edit]
Loginer
This is what all the Sony fanboys are saying on the Internet right now.
[flash=425,344:4c41f]http://www.youtube.com/v/k-uTnqYHZ-I&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:4c41f]
Loginer
HOLY SHIT
I took a quick look at the Microsoft conference, and got to the Singstar-clone, Lips, after a while. Guess who's making it.

iNiS.
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

HOLY SHIT
I took a quick look at the Microsoft conference, and got to the Singstar-clone, Lips, after a while. Guess who's making it.

iNiS.
How did you miss that? That rumor has been around for weeks. Nice to have it confirmed.

Also, I'd call it a "Karaoke game" rather than "Singstar Clone," but that's just me.

And it has motion-sensing microphones!
Loginer

LuigiHann wrote:

Loginer wrote:

HOLY SHIT

iNiS.
How did you miss that? That rumor has been around for weeks. Nice to have it confirmed.

Also, I'd call it a "Karaoke game" rather than "Singstar Clone," but that's just me.

And it has motion-sensing microphones!
You can't say it doesn't look like Singstar. And I don't give a shit about rumors, anyway. <_<

Either way, Nintendo's conference will start in 20 15 minutes, and just like yesterday, Gayspot is down. I'll watch it here.
LuigiHann
I'll agree that it looks more like Singstar than Karaoke Revolution, but I guess I'm saying there are only so many ways you can do a karaoke game.
Loginer
The conference is over. I'll add to the first post. To sum it up, it sucked elephant whale balls.
Edit: Added the info. Oh, and I threw in everything you missed about Microsoft, ROM.
Edit2: Added info about Sony's conference. Also, removed the stuff about making the first post better(I already did. ;3).
eee
my faves of eee(E3)

Fallout 3 is the best at eee this year (E3)
Gears 2 is 2nd
SF4 looks okay
Dark void
Red faction
Prince of persia

the wiimotionplus looks pretty good, but what is the price?
and c'mon iNiS, really

The conferences stunk, but the convention is doing well, watch G4 guys
Loginer
MIYAMOTO CONFIRMS WAGGLE
When I saw them play the SMB Overworld theme (Very creative, Nintendo) on E3, all I could think was "Come on, it can't be that hard". But since apparently, all you do is press random buttons at your own pace, I sincerely hope they're not directly involved in developing the game. Actually, it doesn't matter. As long as there are soccer moms, grandparents and 4-year-old kids in this world, it will outsell both Guitar Hero: On Tour and Rock Band 2 combined.
...Aww, puppies with broken wrists, biting the owners boss. :'3
Rasec_old
I think that E3 wasn't bad.
Everyone said that it was dead, and while that isn't a totally lie, it's still the number one event to give the big news.
It wasn't has good has the older ones but there was interesting news for every gamer.
Neo@lex

Rasec wrote:

there was interesting news for every gamer.
None for me.
Seriously, I wasn't surprised nor particularly satisfied with anything unveiled at E3.
I don't play FF.
I don't play GTA.
I don't play GH.
Portal sequel is a partially unofficial map hack, which I already have.
Wiispeak sounds cool, but it's a microphone that goes ON TOP OF THE TV. WHAT THE HELL?
AC is a complete waste of time, but I'm still gonna get it.
The only thing that could have made this year's E3 any worse would be if all of the conferences were just like Sony's.

Although Nintendo did give us Cammie <3.