1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
posted
I think it could be really useful when spectating or watching a replay, to have a button that links to the profile of the player that did the play. This way you can check for something like PP values, it seems a little bit of a hassle to type in someones name when you can just have a button that easily does the job!
posted
also useful when just wanting to look at the players profile : ) something I do rly often
posted
It isn't that hard to go to the beatmap's listing/scores and visit his profile from there. Don't be lazy. :D
posted

Nikosbks wrote:

Don't be lazy. :D
It's literally just a small convinience thing. It may not be difficult, but it's always nice to save time and clicks where possible; it's not about laziness.
posted

Nikosbks wrote:

It isn't that hard to go to the beatmap's listing/scores and visit his profile from there. Don't be lazy. :D
Well if you look at that point of view, arent all people who use shortcuts on their desktop lazy as well? And if you're spectating someone that keeps playing maps it is gonna be difficult to exit the scorescreen and go to the beatmap listings while continuing with spectating. It sure isn't much effort but having a button is just a handy thing, it cant really be that hard to implement either, it's just a simple convenience thing as Mo said
posted
For sure, this would be convenient but I don't think we need that. You can already press "F9" and click to that player's profile. It's the same thing with what you are asking for.
posted

Nikosbks wrote:

For sure, this would be convenient but I don't think we need that. You can already press "F9" and click to that player's profile. It's the same thing with what you are asking for.
Why would we ever make anything easier for ourselves? Welp now that I think about it I guess I'm seeling my phone because its too easy and I'll start sending letters to my friends!
posted

Nikosbks wrote:

For sure, this would be convenient but I don't think we need that. You can already press "F9" and click to that player's profile. It's the same thing with what you are asking for.
Sure "need" is a big word but right now you're being very conservative, we don't really "need" scorev2 or osu!next, however those are things that can definitly improve how enjoyable osu! is. Remember that it's often the little things that can make a change!
posted

Warpyc wrote:

Why would we ever make anything easier for ourselves? Welp now that I think about it I guess I'm seeling my phone because its too easy and I'll start sending letters to my friends!
" F9-->click on the player --> View profile. " I don't understand what so difficult about it. I think it's already pretty easy for someone to visit someone else's profile; even if you spectate him.(?)
posted
" F9-->click on the player --> View profile. " I don't understand what so difficult about it. I think it's already pretty easy for someone to visit someone else's profile; even if you spectate him.(?)
Letter example was obviously over the top but small stuff like this adds up. It's like people already said, very convenient. We'd literally not get anywhere if we never tried to improve even the small stuff.

Anyways I dont see a reason to be so stuck up to be against something that is a objective improvement, if it bothers you ignore it.
posted

Nikosbks wrote:

Warpyc wrote:

Why would we ever make anything easier for ourselves? Welp now that I think about it I guess I'm seeling my phone because its too easy and I'll start sending letters to my friends!
" F9-->click on the player --> View profile. " I don't understand what so difficult about it. I think it's already pretty easy for someone to visit someone else's profile; even if you spectate him.(?)
It's already said 3 times, it's a convenience thing, i don't understand what's so difficult to understand about it.
posted
I'm not really against it, I'm just trying to make you understand that there is already an easy way to go to someone's profile. Anyway this argument won't go anywhere so I'll stop. Good luck tho :D
posted
Let's distinguish lazyness from efficiency, shall we? :D

Anyway, this same thing got requested for leaderborad scores and I don't really see anything against it.
Btw, maybe doing it once or twice doesn't make much a difference, but try doing it tens of times and you'll see you'll start loosing minutes :P (just my thoughts)
Please sign in to reply.