forum

-cherryglow- design skin v2 [STD][Mania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Falbere

Hello guys, this is my first public skin and it is my second attempt at making a skin! A lot of effort had been put into the UI and I hope you guys like it!
This skin had taken some inspiration from Skin2 by Megatron (vowyvowy) and you will still see some parts that will remind you of it!

This skin is supports standard and mania and supports 16:9 HD/SD. If the response is good, I might expand into other game modes like CtB.

All of the elements are made by me, except the hitsounds and a few things I blatantly stole from Skin2

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I know many people will not like the comboburst sounds, so in order to disable the "woo" voice whenever the side characters pop up, go to the skin folder and delete "comboburst-0.wav" and "comboburst-1.wav".
To stop the characters form popping up completely, go to your osu options and disable "Combo bursts"
4:3 resolution users please download the 4:3 patch from the "addons" section!

Changelog:

Apr-24-2016 v1.00:
  1. Initial Release
May-01-2016 v1.10:
  1. removed various addon folders from the main download osk, they are now available as seperate downloads in the addons section of the forum post
  2. menu-button-background(@2x).png changed (comparison)
    -New musical single bar note
    -Fixed jagged and inconsistent edge thickness
    -Re-aligned scoreboard to fix clipping of scoreboard in gameplay
  3. selection-mod-nightcore(@2x).png overhauled (comparison)
  4. Ranking panel overhaul (comparison)
    -ranking-panel(@2x).png no longer have "ranking-maxcombo" and "ranking-accuracy" hard skinned into it.
    -New font style for ranking-maxcombo(@2x).png ranking-accuracy(@2x).png for more font consistency on scoreboard
    -Abandoned ranking-title(@2x).png and hard skinned the word "ranking" into the right side of the ranking panel (so now the text moves together with the panel when scrolling)
  5. updated cursor(@2x).png, glowing effect no longer clips with the edge of the png canvas
  6. added missing SD elements for scorebar ki
    -missing ones were scorebar-ki.png, scorebar-kianger.png, and scorebar-kianger2.png
Jul-10-2016 v2.00:
  1. Mania update! Check out the new screenshots and a new preview video.

main menu
main screen and background

song select

mod select

ranking results screen

pause and fail

standard mode
skip button (animated)

in game

spinner

I strongly believe that skin is a personal possession, thus, here are some items to customize your own version of - cherry glow -. To install, just unzip these and replace the files in your - cherry glow - skin folder.

list of addons
1. Alternate ranking panel (preview 4:3) (preview 16:9) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- more traditional ranking panel layout
- works well with multiplayer on both 4:3 and 16:9 screens

2. 4:3 patch (preview) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- for players who play on 4:3 aspect ratios
- fail/pause backgrounds, ranking panel, and mania optimizations

3. Alternate scorebar ki (preview) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- a different style that works with the skin

4. Fast spinners (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- spinners turn faster

5. TECHNOGALAXY animated scorebar (preview) (video preview) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- a beautiful animated scorebar by Garin, creator of TECHNOGALAXY, that fits - cherry glow - 's scorebar background completely
autoteleology
Your execution is so hit and miss. You have an excellent score screen layout (probably the best I've ever seen) , really awesome pause screen and a great song select, but your playing field looks ridiculous and your fonts are all over the place.

Can I have your .PSDs? I'd like to implement some of your ideas and I'd like to see how you made them.
Capuccino
that spinner feels like I'm spinning at 50 instead on 200 XD

otherwise great execution of the design, It's really good!
Topic Starter
Falbere

Philosofikal wrote:

Your execution is so hit and miss. You have an excellent score screen layout (probably the best I've ever seen) , really awesome pause screen and a great song select, but your playing field looks ridiculous and your fonts are all over the place.

Can I have your .PSDs? I'd like to implement some of your ideas and I'd like to see how you made them.
Sure thing, I will PM you. :D

EDIT: All feedbacks/constructive criticisms are welcome! Lets make a great skin! \:D/
Please comment how you feel and how to make it better~
ATGNKC39
You've probably already knew this by now but imma leave this here incase ye forget :3
deanio97
This is a really well put together skin!! Not really to my kind of tastes (because bloke and all) but it's certainly easy to read and looks awesome!!
Star
This skin is one of the best and most unique I've seen. It has a really nice feeling to it and is completely readable with a really nice menu layout, as well as mod icons. If I had to switch skin I'd definitely choose this one. Really nice work on this.

EDIT: The new welcome circle that pops up when you start the game is really sick.
EDIT v2: Constructive criticism: The sliderball/circle is pretty hard to notice since it doesn't stand out very much from the rest. Could be because I'm used to a bigger ball/circle.
Topic Starter
Falbere
update v1.10
shamelessly bumping thread because i spent 4 hrs updating this

Changelog:

May-01-2016 v1.10:
  1. removed various addon folders from the main download osk, they are now available as seperate downloads in the addons section of the forum post
  2. menu-button-background(@2x).png changed (comparison)
    -New musical single bar note
    -Fixed jagged and inconsistent edge thickness
    -Re-aligned scoreboard to fix clipping of scoreboard in gameplay
  3. selection-mod-nightcore(@2x).png overhauled (comparison)
  4. Ranking panel overhaul (comparison)
    -ranking-panel(@2x).png no longer have "ranking-maxcombo" and "ranking-accuracy" hard skinned into it.
    -New font style for ranking-maxcombo(@2x).png ranking-accuracy(@2x).png for more font consistency on scoreboard
    -Abandoned ranking-title(@2x).png and hard skinned the word "ranking" into the right side of the ranking panel (so now the text moves together with the panel when scrolling)
  5. updated cursor(@2x).png, glowing effect no longer clips with the edge of the png canvas
  6. added missing SD elements for scorebar ki
    -missing ones were scorebar-ki.png, scorebar-kianger.png, and scorebar-kianger2.png

NEW SCREENSHOTS

main menu
song select

ranking results screen

ADDONS:
I strongly believe that skin is a personal possession, thus, here are some items to customize your own version of - cherry glow -. To install, just unzip these and replace the files in your - cherry glow - skin folder.

list of addons
1. Alternate ranking panel (preview 4:3) (preview 16:9) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- more traditional ranking panel layout
- works well with multiplayer on both 4:3 and 16:9 screens

2. 4:3 patch (preview) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- for players who play on 4:3 aspect ratios
- fail/pause backgrounds and ranking panel

3. Alternate scorebar ki (preview) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- a different style that works with the skin

4. Fast spinners (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- spinners turn faster

5. TECHNOGALAXY animated scorebar (preview) (video preview) (PUUSH DOWNLOAD) (MEGA DOWNLOAD)
- a beautiful animated scorebar by Garin, creator of TECHNOGALAXY, that fits - cherry glow - 's scorebar background completely

DOWNLOAD LATEST SKIN UPDATE v1.10 (OSK):
Topic Starter
Falbere
update v2
today is a big day, we are going mania!

Jul-10-2016 v2.00 Changelog:
  1. Mania mode had been skinned! Check out the new screenshots and a new preview video.

New mania screenshots!

Have fun!
NeXt4r_
cool
-Utami-
Cool skin ;)
Underforest
:3
Rarara
cool
awsumturtle
ruanfreecs
Nice skin *-*
CtrlAltCancer
I really like it! Good skin! I'm in love with the "Skip" button :D
Keru Kawashiro
Are you going to skin the ScoreV2 mod icon?
EiiMagician
Really nice skin
skipfie
How do I fix this skin for 16:10?
Otherwise, a nice skin. My only complaint is that I don't really like the double lines on the playing screen for the hitcircles :/
NewTPlayer
Now if you would just improve the hit circles (remove the kinda ugly faded out circle) and skin score v2 i'll use this skin forever! :?
!
Taphty
I really like the skin, but I cannot play with it :S is there a lighter version, like with less color and no changing between colors in followpoints ?
Green leave
good!
boscoleung76
LoL this skin gameplay is decent,i want to make one too!:),but the hitscore (like hit300,200,50),and the comboburst,the quality are bad(probably i didn't use old skins lol nvm),they are little bit effect my performance,so i make a V3 Version (its private),finished 5/7/2020,and V4 coming soon for anniversary.