forum

New to tablet gameplay, need some advice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pandagoesleet
Hello guys, first off I hope this is the correct sub-forum (if not, please move it)

so as I already mentioned in the headliner, I'm new to playing on tablet (got the huion h420) and got some issues.

1) - I don't know how to hold the pen properly (I sure know how to write and draw a little, but when it comes to using a tablet i completly fail)
I watched a few PiP videos on youtube and saw multiple guys either just putting their palm on the tablet and barely move their hand at all or people who use the entire tablet area. I'm more comfortable with not using the entire tablet area to be honest, but when I use lower area my hands get really sweaty and I can barely hold the pen, can anyone give me advice on how to have less sweaty hands or hold the pen properly eventho they sweat?

-- My tablet area --

2) - My cursor sometimes randomly jumps to the lower site of the screen - for no particular reason whatsoever. I asked some guys on the osu!-chat about this and they recommended disabling the tablet-support in the options, it didn't help a lot since the issue came back a few beatmaps later.. so if anyone knows how to "fix" that issue, I'd be really glad about help!

Thanks in advance guys! :)
b3s1r
So, I can't help you with your problem about holding the pen. Every player is different in that regard. Just hold the pen so it feels comfortable to you.

Regarding the Tablet area tho, I recommend using the full area on the h420. I played on it myself a long time and when I compare it with the one I use now, the area is realy small.

I also recommend hovering the pen (if you don't already do that). It is just faster an more comfortable. It feels strange at the beginning, but when you get used to it just feels normal.

It usually takes a week for players to get used to the Tablet, so just play with it and you will learn to appreciate it.