forum

Demetori - Plastic Mind ~ Alice in Underground [CatchTheBeat

posted
Total Posts
show more
IamKwaN
Can you link me a site stating 東方怪綺談 ~ Mystic Square. please?
Topic Starter
JBHyperion

IamKwaN wrote:

Can you link me a site stating 東方怪綺談 ~ Mystic Square. please?
Honestly, all I have is knowledge about is that it's a cover of "プラスチックマインド" which is, Alice's Stage 3 Boss theme from 東方怪綺談 ~ Mystic Square. Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijituRe039w

1. There's an entry for the album on Demetori's official site - http://demetori.xii.jp/products.html - but as far as I can tell it makes no specific reference to the game source for any of the songs.
  2. ZUN's blog has an entry listing for all the PC-98 games, but also quite unhelpfully, it seems to be missing more than a few entries, and to no surprise this song is one of them - http://www16.big.or.jp/~zun/html/pmd.html - should be between 【 Romantic Children 】and 【 禁断の魔法 ~ Forbidden Magic 】
Considering the recent trend of quoting the individual game rather than just "東方Project", I was really just basing it on the above and the touhouwiki listing - https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/BEGIERDE_DES_ZAUBERER - in the absence of anything more "official". If you feel that's unjustifiable we can bring it down to fix it.
IamKwaN
I only found 東方怪綺談 ~ Mystic Square on the page you linked at http://www16.big.or.jp/~zun/html/pmd.html, without the dot.

So, I guess you probably have to remove that dot, like this one.
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
screw punctuation man

ok this can be taken down - MBomb had a half-finished mod he wanted to post anyway so I might as well check that out before requalification
MBomb
Hello, really sorry for taking so long, gaps in motivation and skill level of playing took a while to patch up.

[.]

00:08:891 (7) - This note is pretty awkwardly far out right now, feels really strange to play. Something like x:128 would be a lot more comfortable.
00:45:121 (5,6,7) - Whilst it doesn't seem like a big change, decreasing the ds of these to x1.24 like the first section feels nicer to play to me, whilst the 16 pixel change to 7 doesn't seem too big, that's quite a big difference during these antiflow sections which makes it feel noticably harder than the first set.
00:46:391 (1) - I actually prefer the idea of an antiflow slider here better than a standstill, it just feels more natural and easier to hit to me given previous patterns. Maybe try that instead?
01:03:005 (7) - Guitar here feels kinda ignored by the current patterning. At least a dash to it would feel a bit better with the music to me, but a HDash would work too. Maybe try Ctrl+H on 6 and move it to x:104?
01:10:390 (7) - Same here, a dash to it would work better to emphasise this guitar.
01:14:544 (1,2,3) - 1 feels a little forced against the wall right now. Maybe move this section slightly to the right to avoid that, like x:56?
01:50:313 (6,7) - Very, extremely nazi point here, but distancing here is inconsistent by 4 pixels and whilst it isn't really even an issue at all, for consistency with every other section like this, the same distancing would be nice.
01:54:697 (7) - Again, similar to earlier, a dash to this would feel nicer with the guitar here.
02:02:313 (8) - The SV here feels a little too high for me right now, considering the direction change right after and this distancing feeling a bit awkward with that. 1.35x feels more natural to play to me.
02:08:082 (1,2,3) - Such a strong HDash makes 1 feel a little pressed against the wall here. x:480 would feel nicer I think.
02:10:851 (3) - Pretty strong distancing on the backforth here, try x:284 to make it a little simpler to play, I don't feel the drums are strong enough for this harsh of a movement.
02:34:794 (9) - Maybe make this more of a curve pattern rather than a straight line, to keep momentum after the HDash? This note always feels like a huge chokepoint to me because of the consistent distancing here into a slowdown in the opposite direction. x:368 would work nicely.
02:49:620 (5) - 5,6 feels a little strong considering it's a strong HDash into a very strong direction change. x:204 would make this movement feel a lot more comfortable.
02:50:428 (12) - Distance to this also feels awkwardly strong in my eyes. x:212 would make it more comfortable to play.
03:14:659 (2) - Feels really harsh after the HDash, especially considering this is one of the calmest sections of the song. x:204 would feel nicer to me.
03:15:351 (5) - Same with this one, x:320 on this one feels better.
03:48:928 (6) - Same as earlier, I think this SV is a little too high and ends up with the slider end feeling awkwardly far away. 1.35x SV works better.
03:51:236 (8) - This also feels a little too far out with the slider end, try slanting it a bit like every other slider in this section.
03:55:967 (5) - In the moment, this one feels a little far out from the rest of this section which is strange considering as a note, it doesn't particularly stand out from the rest of the section. Try reducing slightly to x:316.
04:07:774 (8,9) - 8 feels really difficult to hit right now. Maybe just move this to x:184, stacks 9 with 7 and makes the movement to 8 a lot more comfortable to play.
04:46:274 (6) - Feels kinda far out right now, especially considering this is only the start of this intense kiai section. x:340 would be more comfortable for now.
04:46:736 (9) - Same with this one, x:176 here.
05:07:274 (2) - I'd say to change the SV on this slider to 1.35x for more comfortablility in this section.
05:11:890 (6) - Very difficult distancing to hit after such a long HDash. Remember this is SV 1.75x as opposed to the earlier parts being 1.5x, so this is actually a lot stronger despite being the same distance snap. x:180 would feel a lot nicer.
05:18:928 (3) - Would recommend a slight slant on this slider, having it completely horizontal at this SV requires a ridiculously precise timing.
05:20:774 (3) - Recommending to slant this too, the slider end feels really far out and awkward to catch with the flow after the HDash here.
05:35:428 (3) - Currrently a pretty strong dash here, way stronger than you've used in every section similar to this earlier on. x:128 on it would be more comfortable and consistent.
05:40:044 (7,8) - 7 is feeling a little too far out considering the backforth here, consider reducing it to something like x:280.
05:50:890 (9) - Pretty strong dash to this considering the sound isn't that strong, I'd say to make it a bit lower, like x:248.
06:05:890 (9,11) - Distancing in this wiggle is very strong right now, I'd consider reducing these 2 notes to x:244 (when both are highlighted).
06:08:544 (3) - Very strong distancing for this, I know the intensity is increasing but this is definitely far too difficult for this section of the map. x:152 would work fine.
06:10:390 (3) - And again, distancing to this is ridiculously strong, even for increasing intensity that is far too big of a momentum change. x:348 feels a lot better here.

Alright, that's all.
Topic Starter
JBHyperion

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Hello, really sorry for taking so long, gaps in motivation and skill level of playing took a while to patch up.

[.]

00:08:891 (7) - This note is pretty awkwardly far out right now, feels really strange to play. Something like x:128 would be a lot more comfortable. Lowered it a bit, but I want this to be a held dash for emphasis so only went to x:108
00:45:121 (5,6,7) - Whilst it doesn't seem like a big change, decreasing the ds of these to x1.24 like the first section feels nicer to play to me, whilst the 16 pixel change to 7 doesn't seem too big, that's quite a big difference during these antiflow sections which makes it feel noticably harder than the first set. Reduced a little bit, though it's intended to be harder than the first set because the pitch and intensity on the guitar increases here
00:46:391 (1) - I actually prefer the idea of an antiflow slider here better than a standstill, it just feels more natural and easier to hit to me given previous patterns. Maybe try that instead? Had it like that before, but the flowbreak fits the change in the guitar so much better here imo, I much prefer it this way
01:03:005 (7) - Guitar here feels kinda ignored by the current patterning. At least a dash to it would feel a bit better with the music to me, but a HDash would work too. Maybe try Ctrl+H on 6 and move it to x:104? Did something similar with hdashes instead
01:10:390 (7) - Same here, a dash to it would work better to emphasise this guitar. Done, dash only because guitar is weaker here
01:14:544 (1,2,3) - 1 feels a little forced against the wall right now. Maybe move this section slightly to the right to avoid that, like x:56? Done
01:50:313 (6,7) - Very, extremely nazi point here, but distancing here is inconsistent by 4 pixels and whilst it isn't really even an issue at all, for consistency with every other section like this, the same distancing would be nice. lol
01:54:697 (7) - Again, similar to earlier, a dash to this would feel nicer with the guitar here. Fixed
02:02:313 (8) - The SV here feels a little too high for me right now, considering the direction change right after and this distancing feeling a bit awkward with that. 1.35x feels more natural to play to me. sloooooowed it
02:08:082 (1,2,3) - Such a strong HDash makes 1 feel a little pressed against the wall here. x:480 would feel nicer I think. Fair
02:10:851 (3) - Pretty strong distancing on the backforth here, try x:284 to make it a little simpler to play, I don't feel the drums are strong enough for this harsh of a movement. Swapped spacing so it goes weaker to stronger, snare felt underwhelming otherwise
02:34:794 (9) - Maybe make this more of a curve pattern rather than a straight line, to keep momentum after the HDash? This note always feels like a huge chokepoint to me because of the consistent distancing here into a slowdown in the opposite direction. x:368 would work nicely. Doesn't make much difference to me but if you insist
02:49:620 (5) - 5,6 feels a little strong considering it's a strong HDash into a very strong direction change. x:204 would make this movement feel a lot more comfortable. Done something similar
02:50:428 (12) - Distance to this also feels awkwardly strong in my eyes. x:212 would make it more comfortable to play. Should have been x:216 anyway
03:14:659 (2) - Feels really harsh after the HDash, especially considering this is one of the calmest sections of the song. x:204 would feel nicer to me. "calmest" ok hand
03:15:351 (5) - Same with this one, x:320 on this one feels better. Done
03:48:928 (6) - Same as earlier, I think this SV is a little too high and ends up with the slider end feeling awkwardly far away. 1.35x SV works better. Alright
03:51:236 (8) - This also feels a little too far out with the slider end, try slanting it a bit like every other slider in this section. Angled it
03:55:967 (5) - In the moment, this one feels a little far out from the rest of this section which is strange considering as a note, it doesn't particularly stand out from the rest of the section. Try reducing slightly to x:316. (5) has an increased guitar pitch so I actually increased this instead
04:07:774 (8,9) - 8 feels really difficult to hit right now. Maybe just move this to x:184, stacks 9 with 7 and makes the movement to 8 a lot more comfortable to play. I don't find this difficult to hit, there are much larger jumps than this, and I want to decrease spacing gradually to reflect the decrease in intensity
04:46:274 (6) - Feels kinda far out right now, especially considering this is only the start of this intense kiai section. x:340 would be more comfortable for now. Fair enough
04:46:736 (9) - Same with this one, x:176 here. Same
05:07:274 (2) - I'd say to change the SV on this slider to 1.35x for more comfortablility in this section. Angled it instead, but same effect
05:11:890 (6) - Very difficult distancing to hit after such a long HDash. Remember this is SV 1.75x as opposed to the earlier parts being 1.5x, so this is actually a lot stronger despite being the same distance snap. x:180 would feel a lot nicer. Moved (5) and reduced hyper strength at the same time
05:18:928 (3) - Would recommend a slight slant on this slider, having it completely horizontal at this SV requires a ridiculously precise timing. Alright
05:20:774 (3) - Recommending to slant this too, the slider end feels really far out and awkward to catch with the flow after the HDash here. A n g l e s
05:35:428 (3) - Currrently a pretty strong dash here, way stronger than you've used in every section similar to this earlier on. x:128 on it would be more comfortable and consistent. Whoops, fixed
05:40:044 (7,8) - 7 is feeling a little too far out considering the backforth here, consider reducing it to something like x:280. Lowered (5,6), same effect
05:50:890 (9) - Pretty strong dash to this considering the sound isn't that strong, I'd say to make it a bit lower, like x:248. Ok
06:05:890 (9,11) - Distancing in this wiggle is very strong right now, I'd consider reducing these 2 notes to x:244 (when both are highlighted). Less wiggleness
06:08:544 (3) - Very strong distancing for this, I know the intensity is increasing but this is definitely far too difficult for this section of the map. x:152 would work fine. Whoops, fixed (2)
06:10:390 (3) - And again, distancing to this is ridiculously strong, even for increasing intensity that is far too big of a momentum change. x:348 feels a lot better here. Anotha one

Alright, that's all.

Thanks for the suggestions. Also fixed pesky source period /shakes fist
Benita
we fixed two sliders, let's try again
salchow
when runkud???
Surono
I thought it ws qualifed cuz new post, orz lol
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Maybe one day...
Deif
Once upon a time...

there was a fox on a journey to mod some beatmaps. After a small break, that fox encountered the mighty beatmap made by the thinker face. As a tribute, he offered some wise pieces of advice:

1. Tags: mispelled "iguitar" or should it be just "guitar"?
  2. Hitsounds: drum-hitwhistle4 has a small silence at its beginning that could be cut off to avoid a delay of ~6ms.
  3. 02:49:736 (6) - You might want to place this note at the left side of (5) to make it a bit different from the next zigzag pattern. The upcoming direction changes would fit better with the guitar, so this pattern doesn't need to be so demanding.
Would the thinker face accept the tribute of the fox and help him continuing his journey?
Topic Starter
JBHyperion

Deif wrote:

Once upon a time...

there was a fox on a journey to mod some beatmaps. After a small break, that fox encountered the mighty beatmap made by the thinker face. As a tribute, he offered some wise pieces of advice:

1. Tags: mispelled "iguitar" or should it be just "guitar"?
  2. Hitsounds: drum-hitwhistle4 has a small silence at its beginning that could be cut off to avoid a delay of ~6ms.
  3. 02:49:736 (6) - You might want to place this note at the left side of (5) to make it a bit different from the next zigzag pattern. The upcoming direction changes would fit better with the guitar, so this pattern doesn't need to be so demanding.
Would the thinker face accept the tribute of the fox and help him continuing his journey?
The thinker face chuckled softly to himself as he pondered his misgivings. His hearing was growing dim in his old age, the days of sprightly dashing in his youth long behind him. And he always had been stricken by a curse to forever amuse others with poor spelling.

Though he knew the past could not be reclaimed, he still longed to see the long journey to its end. He knew not what the future held, but with the fox's assistance, he believed in his heart that his goal could be reached.

He awaited the aftermath, hoping that it would be most interesting...
Deif
And so the journey reached its end. As the fox left the dungeon of the mighty beatmap he could see a message formed by the stars in the sky...

DE ME TO RI

~ THE END ~
celerih
placeholder
Nao Tomori
placeholder
MBomb
placeholder
Aurele
what a great story
ZiRoX
It's not a true placeholder if it isn't by Ascendance.
Benita

ZiRoX wrote:

It's not a true placeholder if it isn't by Ascendance.
Ascendance
placeholder.
Sanyi

Ascendance wrote:

placeholder.
popped placeholder because why not
Kimitakari
Regrats. Hopefully it'll be ranked this time.
Spectator
placeholder
defiance
stop taking my placeholder meme
autofanboy
real placeholder
Trent
the spacing on this map feels far too inconsistent throughout the whole map.
I see what you were trying to do, which is have different spacing with the patterns but I feel you did it in the wrong way.
The map feels clunky to play which is not a good thing.
I think you should emphasize the larger spacing/harder timing jumps more instead of putting them in at random places.
This has potentional to be great but the execution is lacking with the spacing.
I agree that more maps should not be cookie cutter with the same spacing throughout but I think you went too overboard on it which takes back the quality of it.
Ascendance

qebrus wrote:

the spacing on this map feels far too inconsistent throughout the whole map.
I see what you were trying to do, which is have different spacing with the patterns but I feel you did it in the wrong way.
The map feels clunky to play which is not a good thing.
I think you should emphasize the larger spacing/harder timing jumps more instead of putting them in at random places.
This has intentional to be great but the execution is lacking with the spacing.
I agree that more maps should not be cookie cutter with the same spacing throughout but I think you went too overboard on it which takes back the quality of it.
thisssssss

but it's like too rigid and doesn't flow well, probably a result of the mapper not being able to testplay but that's just an assumption

also my opinion is very biased so yea

heavily dislike uwup
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
If you could point out some examples where I used different spacing for similar sounds that would help identify potential problems. Not sure what I can really do when you say "there are inconsistent parts" in a map with 3.5k objects and to the best of my knowledge, I mapped spacing to correspond to the intensity of the music ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I fully expect some people not to like this map, and that's fine. If people want to help improve it, I will work with them as best I can. If we could not resort to cheap ad hominem attacks though, I'd appreciate that (:
Sanyi
^
Surono
hypp a c h a l l e n g i n g FUN Map finale asdggdjff
rip cant enjoy full cuz rsi *Robert Space Industry* zzz irl thingy

ty Hyperuon
Sanyi
I guess the guys that were not happy with the map didn't care enough about it. Congrats to another ranked map!
autofanboy
PLACEHOLDER
koliron
Woah finally!!! congratz Hyperion :-DDD