forum

[Archived] Game freezes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DrakeJunior
Problem Details:Well when I play osu, sometimes it freezes really badly. It stops for a full second or something and ruins the gameplay. Help would be much appreciated. Here's the main bits of my rig so I don't think it's a hardware issue. Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350 OC 4.2 ghz
GFX Card: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition
RAM: 16 GBs DDR3 1866 MHz RAM

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/AJ_a15JK738

osu! version: 20160419.2 (latest)
Shadow
could be a few things.

What temperature is your hardware (gpu/cpu) running at?
Could be the Hard Drive that might be dying and struggling to read/write, hence the lag.
If it only happens "sometimes" at random times, it could be a program like an anti virus. Those can bring down a pc to its knees.
Have you installed the latest drivers for your GFX?
Topic Starter
DrakeJunior
My temps are all below 30c. The hard drive isn't dying i know that for sure. It's not struggling with loading black ops 3. I have the latest drivers, and I don't have anti-virus enabled.
Shadow
Looking at the wiki all I could find is the following.

Hope it helps.

Lagspikes & Lag

If you're not experiencing crashes, but instead are experiencing framedrops or an unnaturally low framerate, check for background processes running on your system with the task manager, and try closing resource-intensive processes that aren't critical down. Note that f.lux aswell as displayfusion are known to cause short lag spikes.
Occasional momentary freezeups.

Check if another background process is monopolizing your system for brief moments. This could be caused by other games, web browsers, or server apps (including file sharing/torrents). Close all other background programs and tray icons and see if the problem persists.
Topic Starter
DrakeJunior
It didn't help at all ;-;