forum

Watching replays without the osu client?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rodrigochoe
I was wondering if there was any way to send replays to friends who don't have the osu client installed. Is there a website that converts .osr files to mp4 and uploads it directly to the web for people to watch with a link? The only method i've heard of is converting the .osr file and uploading it to youtube or a similar site or simply streaming it live, both methods I would like to avoid.

Well aware that such a convenient site probably doesn't exist but thought that it wouldn't hurt to ask in the one-in-a-million chance that it actually does! :)
Rosten
I'm fairly sure that .osr files don't actually contain any actual video to be converted into something like mp4.

That said, there may be a way to emulate how the Osu client interprets these files and make a video out of the results? I dunno, I'm not really all that computer savvy.

Also, pretty sure this is in the wrong forum. Don't know what forum it'd go to, but probably not this one.
E m i
Xyrus_old_1
I don't believe such a site exists. yet...What about uploading the replay after recording it with FRAPS?
E m i

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

I don't believe such a site exists.
same
Topic Starter
rodrigochoe
Thanks for the replies!

Rosten wrote:

I'm fairly sure that .osr files don't actually contain any actual video to be converted into something like mp4.

That said, there may be a way to emulate how the Osu client interprets these files and make a video out of the results? I dunno, I'm not really all that computer savvy.

Also, pretty sure this is in the wrong forum. Don't know what forum it'd go to, but probably not this one.
I'm not to sure how to move this post to a different forum. Would a admin/mod have to do that or can I?

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

I don't believe such a site exists. yet...What about uploading the replay after recording it with FRAPS?
I'll just stick to capturing the replay with OBS for now until they release a better way to share in the future, if ever :)

Momiji wrote:

http://www.socialvender.com/
and watch mine hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKBHUUBCqb0
How does the socialvender site work? There isn't any information ppsted on what to do and almost all the buttons don't work. Uploaded a song but I can't click or do anything to it, even though I see it on the upload history. Would you mind giving me a quick rundown if possible? ^_^
E m i
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-a-P ... tml5=False
It just gets uploaded here, I don't even know if it's automated or if the guy is doing it manually - If you uploaded it already and see it in recent uploads then it should appear as a video on the channel soon
dung eater
E m i
yeah that one is better or something
apt-get
osu!record often refuses newer maps because the beatmap used is newer than the one it has

There's also errors where osu!record complains the beatmap used is old when it's not
The Gambler
Pretty sure only cursor coordinates, map info and keypresses are the only things stored there. That's why it works with multiple skins. There isn't really any choice but to use the client or record video.

Granted there are people who do such services for the community.
umaru-
hmmm four year old thread but you can use a free recording software like obs or GeForce Experience to capture the play then you can send the file to them or you can make a youtube link then send that to them
Molly Sandera

umaru- wrote:

hmmm four year old thread but you can use a free recording software like obs or GeForce Experience to capture the play then you can send the file to them or you can make a youtube link then send that to them

If you read the whole forum you would have noticed that the guy does use OBS, and simply wanted a more convenient solution to this. Your necroposting in this case was rather.... pointless
Naiad

umaru- wrote:

don't reply if the thread hasnt been responded too for more than like a few months MAX
umaru-

Molly Sandera wrote:

umaru- wrote:

If you read the whole forum you would have noticed that the guy does use OBS, and simply wanted a more convenient solution to this. Your necroposting in this case was rather.... pointless
i also said geforce experience
Zelzatter Zero

umaru- wrote:

Molly Sandera wrote:

umaru- wrote:

i also said geforce experience
But even with that this thread is way 4 years old. How can you be so sure that he:
1. Still playing osu! and
2. He doesn't know about GeForce?

Please do not necropost next time.
Alex34
You know you can just record your screen using a screenrecorder (i personally recommend bandicam). Just record your replay and you have a mp4-file. At least that's the way I record my plays. (here a personal example https://youtu.be/Z5aLI0780DI)