forum

Don't scrobble to last.fm if volume is at 0%

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[Kanzaki Ranko]
Title is pretty straightforward. Some people (like me) like osu!'s last.fm scrobbling capability, but it's pretty annoying when you go AFK in the song select screen with 0% master volume and it scrobbles the same song several times to your last.fm account. The "ghost scrobbles" that you'd get when leaving the game in the menu screen and forgetting to pause are also pretty annoying.

Detecting the system volume would be a plus, but implementing it with just the master volume would already do wonders for this behavior, and should be really easy to implement.
bassoons
I believe this could also have a solution through implementing a osu-wide pause music shortcut?

I'd guess some of the time you don't want to listen to the osu menu/background song playing, which is why you turn volume on 0.

If the very top level osu menu were the one that people stayed in, this would be easy, you could just press c.

However in the song select menu, which I believe most people stay in, there is no shortcut. If there was a shortcut that worked across the menus people could pause/unpause the background music at any time they wanted, easily. Instead they are forced to esc esc esc all the way back to top level if they want to use the shortcut, or do another UI hack like putting volume at 0.
Topic Starter
[Kanzaki Ranko]

bassoons wrote:

I believe this could also have a solution through implementing a osu-wide pause music shortcut?

I'd guess some of the time you don't want to listen to the osu menu/background song playing, which is why you turn volume on 0.

If the very top level osu menu were the one that people stayed in, this would be easy, you could just press c.

However in the song select menu, which I believe most people stay in, there is no shortcut. If there was a shortcut that worked across the menus people could pause/unpause the background music at any time they wanted, easily. Instead they are forced to esc esc esc all the way back to top level if they want to use the shortcut, or do another UI hack like putting volume at 0.

That's a great solution as well.
Pawsu
At the current state last.fm is I doubt this will happen...