forum

Making a line slider border

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
CookieBall
I think lines could be a very nice optional addition to skins' sliders

Edit:
XinCrin
What?
Topic Starter
CookieBall
like sliders would follow a line instead of a groove
NeVMiku

CookieBall wrote:

I believe you can do that through skinning?

You can certainly make the slider themselves bigger that the initial circle so I'm sure you can reverse that. I'm not sure why you want to though...
Caput Mortuum
Maybe he's talking about a middle line from start to finish?
abraker

CookieBall wrote:

Polygon sliders? What? Draw a sketch in paint or explain in more detail.
Bara-
We really need more information
I don't think anyone here understands his idea...
Jukkii
I believe he means that the slidertrack could be skinned into just being a line. I myself have though of the same thing.
Tracecorn
I think OP means something like this
(Large image because I just made it in paint, and was too lazy to change image size. also the hitcircles are inconstant, but thats beside the point)

I'm not the most experienced skinner, but i'm fairly sure this can't be skinned. by my understanding making a slider larger than the hitcirlce actually involves making the hitcircle appear smaller, since thats sprite based. The slider track settings themselves are in the skin.ini file, and i don't think theres a way to change their relative size.
Caput Mortuum
ofcourse it cant be skinned that's why it's in feature reqs
Tracecorn

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

CookieBall wrote:

You can certainly make the slider themselves bigger that the initial circle so I'm sure you can reverse that. I'm not sure why you want to though...
Was referring to this
LastExceed

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

CookieBall wrote:

how do you change the slider size? I thought they weren't skinnable at all apart from the border color
Seijiro
Slider body size will always be the same as the current CS set by the mapper and that las image is something not achievable through skinning since slider bodies in general can't be managed with anything we know yet.

If the image provided really is the idea behind the feature request then I'd say I'm not really fond of it. This is probably a mapper's reasoning, more than a player's reasoning, but I still can't really agree with it.
NeVMiku

Storntonc wrote:

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Was referring to this
Yeah, I was not completely sure of what I said. I did imply that if you can do it one way, you can do it the other way. Apparently I was wrong.
Topic Starter
CookieBall
I totally forgot about this o///o

Edit: I had this in mind
Luqanted
no. this looks like a bad idea.
Rilene
This would do in mapping aspect at least.
o x
Currently how it stands this request isn't very popular at all. I don't see this happening and instead I think that supporting this thread that is requesting Slider Skinning would be a better idea. With this you can make the line sliders yourself and the people who don't want it don't have to skin the file into a line. I think supporting the Slider Skinning request would be better for everyone.
abraker
This and a lot of other things would be resolved if sliders can be textured with transparent pixels.