forum

Taiko and Catch the Beat top players - 2010 (Vote for videos

posted
Total Posts
show more
TKiller
I know not much expirienced players in these modes, if I'd have to pick best from the few I know, that'd be Noobita, TTTL and 3UNI for Taiko and I'll add a vote for Louise Cyphre at CtB
Leorda
Taiko :

kanopu
3UNI
Rokodo
suinagi
NatsumeRin
Kestrel11
Taiko:

kanopu
Rokodo
3UNI
wmfchris
ISHIDAMITSUNARI

In any order I suppose.
OnosakiHito
Taiko:

1# Noobita (Status Godlike, tell me who else play high BMP+DT or impossible streams)
1#/2# 3UNI (Allround talent, near Godlike status)
3# Rokodo (Nearly allround talent?)
4# Kanopu (Get's nearly every where 100%)
5# TTTL (Fastest player after Noobita)

I just wrote in the ,,( )" what they maybe play relly good.
KRZY
I wonder if this is for 2010 or all-time :<

Assuming this is for 2010 only:

Taiko
3UNI
kanopu
Noobita
TTTL
Zekira

CatchTheBeat
Louis Cyphre
kenji
mikhe
Alezer0
Joon

EDIT: Switched my 5th taiko vote from ISHIDAMITSUNARI to Zekira.

EDIT 2: Switched my 4th taiko vote from danny19940914 to TTTL.
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
are for 2010 like the other video

My vote for Taiko

Noobita
3UNI
Zekira
Suinagi
wmfchris
VelperK
Catch the Fruit:

Krzysiek
mikhe
AleZer0
Louis Cyphre
Giorgos

Taiko:

3UNI
kanopu
Noobita
TTTL
wmfchris

8-)
Krzysiek
CTB.

This is really troublesome to determine the best ppl in CtB. So it'll be kinda different in my grading: that'd be about 5 most impressive plays that IMO should get into the video (if anyone has better replay than mentioned here, plz tell):

1. Louis Cyphre. The pro :->. He's just good at making impossible maps that are very scary when playing (strangeprogram flashlight anyone? x-D). Very solid player with nice calm technique developed prolly on that flashlights ^^'. It's actually 3 videos, all of them are amazing.
-> Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+. Overally very concentration draining map with little fruit falling very quick. I'm afraid that short video wouldn't show how hard this one is. Most interesting points: 290, 880, 1040 combo
-> Rhapsody - Emerald Sword. This map is schematical, very difficult mostly because of precise sliders in two places on the map. There are some half-dash-half-walk moments. Overally easier map than Shotgun, but this one is made with flashlight and I can't even imagine how draining would be playing like that. Most interesting points: 650 combo
-> Niko - Made of Fire. Dynamic, very dynamic map that's very hard and also pleasant to play. There's that jump-back combo-breaking moment about 240 combo. Louis made this one with flashlight and it's even more awesome and Rhapsody map. It's pretty short map so it could get fully featured o/.

2. AleZer0. The enigma ^^'. I dunno much about him (I won't hide I have a hard time dealing with his personality ^^'), map scores' tells for themselves. What he excels at is definitely hidden, he's prolly better with it than without. He sometimes goes into hid+2x, but not that much. Awesome jump timing and calmness when playing. Good comeback in multiplayer game (It's not that I'm happy for losing too him most of times and listening to his BM x-D).
-> chum - Genesis of Aquarion. It may look like an "just your average hard map", but it has really weird dynamics and a lot of timed jumps (even thought they aren't from side to side). A LOT of places to make mistake on and yet he hidd'd it :->. Most interesting points: 400 combo.

3. Shana. Dash monster. That cheerful Korean (x-D) sure knows how to do stuff. Awesome dashing (you can check his Switched-On Lotus). Maybe you've seen his videos with magical hands doing the stuff. He uses quite little motion to get in position: great control. Recently he started HR(+hidd) and it's pretty sick.
-> Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi - MATRYOSHKA. Crazy map. Very much movement involved. Nobody can HR this ^^'. Technically speaking HR+Hidd is from 2011, but previous HR is from 2010 :->. Most interesting points: 230, 480, 690 combo.

4. Giorgos. Solid player on all kinds of maps. Definitely can #1 both dynamic maps, spinner-related maps or even totally crazy maps. His dashes are interesting (suiting every kind of map), his jump timing gave him #1 on NightCore - HeartBeatz map (one of the hardest jumps in CtB).
-> DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram. My favorite map ^^'. While it doesn't look that hard, it really has a lot of combo-breaking moments, so a bit of luck is needed and a lot of retries :->. Most interesting points: 250 combo.

5. pieguy1372. Flashlight. I dunno much about pieguy. It was really hard to determine the 5th place there. I selected him because of one flashlight map (and that's pretty much all, sorry x-D).
-> Hatsune Miku - Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu. Playstation button falling from high aboveeeee~. Flashlighted. This is a really dynamic map before streams, and streams are pretty hard too. Everything beyond 200 combo is simply amusing (lightly said heh heh heh lame flashlight pun intended :->).
KRZY

Krzysiek wrote:

CTB.

This is really troublesome to determine the best ppl in CtB. So it'll be kinda different in my grading: that'd be about 5 most impressive plays that IMO should get into the video (if anyone has better replay than mentioned here, plz tell):

1. Louis Cyphre. The pro :->. He's just good at making impossible maps that are very scary when playing (strangeprogram flashlight anyone? x-D). Very solid player with nice calm technique developed prolly on that flashlights ^^'. It's actually 3 videos, all of them are amazing.
-> Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+. Overally very concentration draining map with little fruit falling very quick. I'm afraid that short video wouldn't show how hard this one is. Most interesting points: 290, 880, 1040 combo
-> Rhapsody - Emerald Sword. This map is schematical, very difficult mostly because of precise sliders in two places on the map. There are some half-dash-half-walk moments. Overally easier map than Shotgun, but this one is made with flashlight and I can't even imagine how draining would be playing like that. Most interesting points: 650 combo
-> Niko - Made of Fire. Dynamic, very dynamic map that's very hard and also pleasant to play. There's that jump-back combo-breaking moment about 240 combo. Louis made this one with flashlight and it's even more awesome and Rhapsody map. It's pretty short map so it could get fully featured o/.

2. AleZer0. The enigma ^^'. I dunno much about him (I won't hide I have a hard time dealing with his personality ^^'), map scores' tells for themselves. What he excels at is definitely hidden, he's prolly better with it than without. He sometimes goes into hid+2x, but not that much. Awesome jump timing and calmness when playing. Good comeback in multiplayer game (It's not that I'm happy for losing too him most of times and listening to his BM x-D).
-> chum - Genesis of Aquarion. It may look like an "just your average hard map", but it has really weird dynamics and a lot of timed jumps (even thought they aren't from side to side). A LOT of places to make mistake on and yet he hidd'd it :->. Most interesting points: 400 combo.

3. Shana. Dash monster. That cheerful Korean (x-D) sure knows how to do stuff. Awesome dashing (you can check his Switched-On Lotus). Maybe you've seen his videos with magical hands doing the stuff. He uses quite little motion to get in position: great control. Recently he started HR(+hidd) and it's pretty sick.
-> Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi - MATRYOSHKA. Crazy map. Very much movement involved. Nobody can HR this ^^'. Technically speaking HR+Hidd is from 2011, but previous HR is from 2010 :->. Most interesting points: 230, 480, 690 combo.

4. Giorgos. Solid player on all kinds of maps. Definitely can #1 both dynamic maps, spinner-related maps or even totally crazy maps. His dashes are interesting (suiting every kind of map), his jump timing gave him #1 on NightCore - HeartBeatz map (one of the hardest jumps in CtB).
-> DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram. My favorite map ^^'. While it doesn't look that hard, it really has a lot of combo-breaking moments, so a bit of luck is needed and a lot of retries :->. Most interesting points: 250 combo.

5. pieguy1372. Flashlight. I dunno much about pieguy. It was really hard to determine the 5th place there. I selected him because of one flashlight map (and that's pretty much all, sorry x-D).
-> Hatsune Miku - Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu. Playstation button falling from high aboveeeee~. Flashlighted. This is a really dynamic map before streams, and streams are pretty hard too. Everything beyond 200 combo is simply amusing (lightly said heh heh heh lame flashlight pun intended :->).
You should seriously think about stepping into sports journalism.
Ibuki Suika

KRZY wrote:

You should seriously think about stepping into sports journalism.
+65535
Mastodonio
Thanks Krzysiek for such an interesting post ;)

I don't think that I should explain,why I chose these people in ctb:
1. Louis_Cyphre
2. Krzysiek
3. Ashchaos
4. AleZer0
5. Darksoul

and in taiko..mmm...
1. 3UNI
2. TTTL
3. kanopu
4. Rokodo
5. Noobita
-maJu
my vote..

CtB (top 20)

1.mikhe (I thought more would vote for him xD)
2.Louis Cyphre
3.kenji
4.joynama
5.Darksoul
6.Shana
7.Pieguy
8.Giorgos
9.misa
10.Joon
11.AleZer0
12.Kuzino
13.Berncastell
14.CTB User
15.hy1hy1hy
16.GGplay [N]
17.Jeya
18.ahfly
19.KanaRin
20.andysun

maybe some placements wrong XDD

Taiko: (Top5)

1.3UNI
2.kanopu
3.Noobita
4.Rokodo
5.TTTL

(I dunno much about taiko)
Keksi
Taiko

1. kanopu
2. rokodo
3. 3UNI
4. Rucker
5. Henkie
Louis Cyphre
and I'll add a vote for Louise Cyphre at CtB
Mr. TKiller read attentively: "Louis Cyphre".
А так ваще спасибо чувак)

??? why.. I see.. my ID.. ㅇㅅㅇ;?? why? I'm not good player..
Come on :3

And sorry, i forgot about taiko vote:

1. TTTL (speedcore! :>)
2. 3UNI
3. kanopu (your accuracy makes me like: O___O)
4. White Wolf
5. Noobita
CTB
Louis Cyphre
Ashchaos
LirsRosso
Giorgos
hy1hy1hy

taiko
ljqandylee
karta454515
danny19940914
youngdow
ISHIDAMITSUNARI
Zekira
I think 3UNI, kanopu, and Noobita look like pretty much shoe-ins for this one, lol
OzzyOzrock
*cries*
DeviL
CTB:Cookiezi, Speedy_cat
Speedy Cat_old
Taiko

Kim_Jin_Seok
Kanopu
3UNI
Noobita
ddrddr125

CTB

Jeya
Berncastell
xLinkingx
tmddlekt
mikhe
KRZY

pilisa wrote:

CTB:Cookiezi, Speedy_cat

lolwut
Cyclone

GladiOol wrote:

CTB: Mikhe only

He's jelly catch the beat master

Nah ignore this, just put my vote on Cyclone for taiko and on Louis Cyphre & Faust for CTB.
The rest of the players I don't know really.
YEAAAH GO CYCLONE wait what.

i have like 3 cool plays, what is this.
GuruK
for CTB

Louis Cyphre
mikhe
Shana
kenji
pieguy
OzzyOzrock
:(

1. Kanopu
2. 3UNI
3. SanderDon
4. Zekira
5. OzzyOzrock

I'LL MAKE MY OWN RESTAURANT.

YOU'LL SEE!
Akiros_old
CTB

1. Shana
2. Louis Cyphre
3. Krzysiek
4. Giorgos
5. pieguy1372
Saineria
CTB

1.kenji
2.mikhe
3.jeya
4.nfield
5.shana

Taiko
1.3UNI
2.ddrddr125
3.samiljul
4.suinagi
5.ljqandylee
KanaRin
Yeah~ Here is my vote.>w<
It's really really really hard to choose it (mean CTB) =_=...
CTB:
1.Louis_Cyphre
2.kenji
3.mikhe
4.Shana
5.Darksoul

Taiko:
1.kanopu
2.3UNI
3.matthewhln
4.TTTL
5.aabc271
6.Rucker
PeaChick
CTB:
1.kenji
2.mikhe
3.KanaRin
4.Shana
5.Darksoul

taiko:
1.kanopu
2.TTTL
3.3UNI
4.matthewhln
5.suinagi
dNextGen
taiko :

1.Rokodo
2.TTTL
3.Noobita
4.Cyclone

ctb :

1.Louis cypher
Suminoe Ako
CTB
1.kenji
2.jeya
3.mikhe
4.shana
5.nfield

Taiko
1.3UNI
2.ddrddr125
3.[Gothic]
4.TTTL
5.danny19940914
dk41245
CTB

hacksmw
ni__co
groundswim
crhl

Takio
Kim Jin Seok
youngdow
Yeah, There are many good players in game.
But I don't know much CTB & Taiko All player.
(Of course, I can't wrote some players because this thread had limited 5 players.)
Please understand me :3

[CTB]
mikhe
Kuzino
shana
Berncastell
pieguy1372

[Taiko]
Zekira
Rokodo
Noobita
Sander-Don