forum

[AIMod] Official Idea thread

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
show more
Derekku

Neo Adonis wrote:

Timing sections offsets: Well, sometimes (rarely, I think) you need different timing sections offsets (e.g. StrangeProgram)

But well. I support all the other things.
What the request means is that when a map has multiple timing sections (uniherited ones), it would make sure that the offsets are completely consistent between difficulties.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Neo Adonis wrote:

Timing sections offsets: Well, sometimes (rarely, I think) you need different timing sections offsets (e.g. StrangeProgram)

But well. I support all the other things.
In addition to what Derekku Chan said, remember that AIMod just provides a warning, so if you do have a rare scenario where you have to have different offsets among diffs, you can ignore the warning AImod gives.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Sorry for the double post, but since I really want this implemented, bump!
rust45
This would make modding a whole lot faster, especially in maps with multiple timing sections.
thepianist
Support :3
Krisom
I just saw this
Support
Kiddo-Kun
Support
Suiko_old
I've always been really bad with timings, offsets an etcetera, so if this helps a bit more... SUPPORT! XD
Astom
Support ++
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Not exactly sure how feasible this is, but I would like AIMod to suggest putting in an epilepsy warning whenever it sees monochrome item being looped. Since sometimes people forget about putting an epilepsy warning, I would like the process to be automated.
James2250
Has my support~

I have seen several maps that forget to put this warning in and it is pretty important for certain people. Might be kind of hard to implement but it would be a nice little addition to AIMod.

(Might need a few more details added such as the time between each loop etc)
deadbeat
yeah...i could see this being helpfull. nice idea :)
NatsumeRin
sure why not.
support.
Firo Prochainezo
This might be useful. Support.
Gonzvlo
I totally support this.
James2250
These days many mappers simply use long spinners due to lazy mapping or lack of creativity when they rarely fit in the map. It would be nice if AIMod could suggest shortening spinners that are approx 10 seconds+ long to change them to something else.

Although not used as much anymore AIMod might as well pick up on ninja spinners too (spinners than auto is not able to get 2000 on)
Axel
i agree about the Spinners being long.

+1 support and they do get very annoying.
So does Long Sliders but thats another topic.
Sakura
I was thinking that AIMod could easily check if there are too few breaks or no breaks at all on a map, by comparing the drain time since the last break and if it's longer than a certain value (for example 90 seconds) until the next break it would throw a warning
Beuchi
I guess I can bump this oxo;

Anyways, supporting this, especially the unsnapped sliderends/spinners option, that would be so useful.
About the bitrates, it sounds good too but I don't know how hard would it be when the mp3 has a variable rate... =x
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Beuchi-chan wrote:

I guess I can bump this oxo;

Anyways, supporting this, especially the unsnapped sliderends/spinners option, that would be so useful.
About the bitrates, it sounds good too but I don't know how hard would it be when the mp3 has a variable rate... =x
For mp3s, we can just have AIMod calculate the bitrate with a manual estimate using the mp3's filesize.
Equation: (The size of the mp3 in bytes) / (the length of the song in seconds) / (125) = avg. bitrate in kbps
I know this is a slight overestimate because of tags and stuff, but from my personal use, it usually stays at between +0-2 kbps of the actual bitrate.
James2250
Now AIBat exists this isn't as nessassary as it can already check inconsistent tags/lack of breaks/spinners/bitrate etc

New Request: Have all of the bugs fixed on AIBat and have it implemented into osu :P
mm201
AIBat is basically one big checklist of things to add to AIMod so yes this is still important.
ziin
New request:
Ignore spacing errors/distance too great in AIMod.
Create new module which checks spacing separate from the error checking.

Or an option to turn off certain things (like spacing, spinner, stream).

When showing spacing errors, display previous and next difference spacing, or only select the first note.

Set difficulty level in AIMod so you can see what's too hard in certain sections of the map. (say you have 1 expert criteria item on a hard and want to see what the "insane" criteria are).
Wishy
I gonna support this because everyone does.
Suimya
+ support >w<
Haya
Supporting this!
Derekku
Charles is working on AIMod stuff; I wonder if he knows about this (:

Also: AIBat
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Pretty much most BATs and MATs use AIBat now. There is some development of AIMod things with the API announced, but I guess it will be a while before that is finished.
JackspicerX13
Supported!!!
TheVileOne
Let this thread be a reminder. AiMod still exists peppy.
TheVileOne
I came up with this idea

t/105408

I feel it would be more useful to let us set a range for spacing checks. It is impossible to determine difficulty due to the number of spacing flaws in a map. It would be better off letting the modder decide.
crimsonfox
Totally support!~
DX5536

TheVileOne wrote:

Let this thread be a reminder. AiMod still exists peppy.
Well I use AiMod then Osu get close and said that there is some Error and that makes me sick. So...

Support !!! :D
UnderminE
Fukken star'd
neonat
Support
Lunaties
support ..
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Added t/119504 to the op
TheVileOne
Updated the OP. Hope you don't mind that I repurposed your thread bliss.

Here's my thread for kiai thresholds.

t/123941
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Thanks TVO. The topic does fit the current scenario a lot better.
TheVileOne
AiMod should tell you when a difficulty references a storyboard element that is not located in the song folder.

Also perhaps it would better if unrankable issues were displayed in a different color than unrankable issues. It's not always clear.

Lastly I find that there are organization issues.

Similar issues should be grouped together and then organized by difficulty.
show more