forum

Full Comboing?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
Endaris
It wasn't always that full Khelly.
Remember when you said you would FC Daidai DT and you just did it.
And Riince was shattered.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

It wasn't always that full Khelly.
Remember when you said you would FC Daidai DT and you just did it.
And Riince was shattered.
That was really hard at the time and I subsequently spent the next months re-fcing it for better and better acc. I still think 99% would be really hard for me right now but if I wanted to practice acc that's one way I'd do it.
Endaris
Yes but still, if you wanna FC stuff do it one at a time.
And have some half-decent self-evaluation of what is doable.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

Yes but still, if you wanna FC stuff do it one at a time.
And have some half-decent self-evaluation of what is doable.
Since I don't play many new maps and often just stick to collections I usually have about 10-20 or so maps in my fc collection that when I play for fc pp I cycle between because playing the same map a lot isn't very helpful. There's been few times I've wanted to fc one of them so bad I sat down for an hour to do it. There's also some others in there I play occasionally that are like .5% chance of fcing but I still work towards them occasionally.

Improve acc fcs ones are way easier to consistently fc since I've improved since fcing them and if I can re-acc them well, which is easier because they've become easier, they usually give a decent more amount of pp than when I originally fc'd it giving me double the benefit.

AT LEAST THIS IS HOW I OPERATE @OP
repr1se

Rosten wrote:

Damnit you guys have spoiled me. I don't feel right finishing songs without an FC and over 94% accuracy and get kind of frustrated when I don't. Thannkkkksssss.
Playing for FC's will tire you, since more often than not you can't FC a song that isn't in your comfort zone -- and to get better you need to play maps out of that region.

That said, how can I continue my pursuit towards always FCing? I always find myself getting 1 or 2 misses even in 4.2 star songs. How can I stop these blights on my accuracy?
Persistence is key. Also, you're more likely to miss if you think about FCs than the map itself. Focus on the map and you'll miss less. I'd also suggest to play maps out of your comfort. Looking at your top PP plays go with 4.3 star to 4.5 star. Your primary concern is accuracy since it's quite low.
Yuudachi-kun

Repr1se wrote:

Rosten wrote:

Damnit you guys have spoiled me. I don't feel right finishing songs without an FC and over 94% accuracy and get kind of frustrated when I don't. Thannkkkksssss.
Playing for FC's will tire you, since more often than not you can't FC a song that isn't in your comfort zone -- and to get better you need to play maps out of that region.
But OP is already playing maps for FC outside of his comfort zone.
repr1se

Khelly wrote:

But OP is already playing maps for FC outside of his comfort zone.
I was addressing the "FC or bust" attitude some players have. To play strictly for FCs instead of getting better is frustrating.

Naturally, since FC=PP, everyone plays for FCs, but you have to miss somewhere to improve.

Difficult to explain riperinos
Topic Starter
Rosten
Don't worry Reprise, I understood what you meant fine.

I also think there might be a psychological aspect to it, and though I've mostly gotten past the hyper-nervousness that causes me to freeze up at high combo, I do find my movements getting a lot less smooth the higher up my combo goes and the closer I get to an FC. (Almost always resulting in a god-awful sliderbreak or something similar)

That said, much as I'd love to take all of this great advice and probably make it to 50k with ultra-no-life-tryhardness, it appears that sometime in the middle of the night my tablet pen disappeared into thin air, and (as much as Yuno would crucify me for saying this) I can't even pass over 3.5* with a mouse. So, guess I'm post-poning Osu until I find it >.<
ithgyu
I only every really take 3 plays max on a map before i move on, unless i really wanna fc
Caenis
7ambda

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

i would say stop caring about fcing and just focus on accuracy without missing
Nice wording.

10/10
Caenis
7ambda

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

slider breaks isn't missing
It is if the cursor doesn't get to the slider fast enough, or your cursor fails to get the slider through the slider tick, in which case you misaimed.
Caenis
7ambda

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

the game doesn't count it as a miss
Still technically missing by definition.
-Makishima S-

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

slider breaks isn't missing
Everything what breaks your combo is considered a miss.
Caenis
-Makishima S-
the game disagrees because you can still get an S with a slider break also break =/= miss 2 different words i feel like im getting trolled here nice rankism
By ranking system, slider break cuts your pp income similar way like a miss with exception to removing 3% of overall pp.
Sliderbreak is a miss, executing it with technical miss is harder by game mechanic if by any chance you hitted any part of slider which still counts towards score points.
That's why IT IS a miss in meaning of gameplay and ranking.

Like i said - everything what reset your combo points is considered a miss.
Hiro-Senpai
What really helped me to get my confidence in fcing higher was
turning off the interface (combo counter, hp, acc) i realised that if
I get a really big combo on a map i always look for a second at my combo
And then the chokerino comes and i miss bcuz i am stressed about fcing the map
So hiding interface helped me with that, maybe it will help u as well. :)
Reyvateil
Slider breaking is missing and I'm still freaking salty

;_;
Mahogany

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

the game disagrees because you can still get an S with a slider break also break =/= miss 2 different words i feel like im getting trolled here nice rankism
Getting a sliderbreak means you've literally missed a hitobject

If you consider missing a singletap a miss then missing a sliderstart is also a miss because in both cases you've failed to hit the object

There's literally no way you can argue against that
Helyana
[self-deleted]
repr1se

SkullFull wrote:

I don't know why, but I almost always find myself having 1 to 5 combo less than FC (for example, FC in a map is 500x and I have 497x). How does it happen? I think it's associated to kick sliders, but i'm not sure...
When the cursor leaves the slider follow circle (the circle which you stay in) you get a 100 and lose the second hit (combo point) from the slider.
Mahogany
^ That's only if your cursor is off the followcircle on the moment the slider ends. You'll get a 100, but the sliderend won't be added to your combo, but you won't break combo either. So it's still a full combo, but with less than maximum combo.

(doing this on a slidertick WILL break your combo, though)
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Mahogany
If you don't hear the combobreak sound, you've gotten an FC, even if you have less combo than the maximum!

(This doesn't apply if you miss really early in a combo, you have to build a certain amount of combo before combobreak sounds will play)
CXu
Why are you debating what counts as a miss and what doesn't. Also, I'm pretty sure the reason sliderbreaking isn't considered a miss is because you don't miss the whole slider. If you do, it does get counted as a miss.

I'd say it's good practice to generally go for FC. Just don't overdo it if it begins to frustrate you, but if you always try to FC, it also means you're less likely to miss because of nerves during longer maps and improve your overall consistency, because you get more used to FCing.
For general improvement, I'd say accept how good you actually are. Not "I did this map once so now I'm at this level" and not "I suck at everything", but being honest about where you stand, what you can do and what you can't, and then go from there. Don't start getting mad at messing up, since you're supposed to mess up on things that aren't at your skill level, and keep at it until you stop messing it up. I usually look for the positive parts in general of my plays rather than the negatives. Instead of "I should've hit that I'm better than this!", it's more like "well, that was good, now what did I do to miss and how do I change that so I don't miss the next time I play?"
those
TIL full is not synonymous to maximum. What? A container can't be full AND not be filled to the maximum of its capacity; it's not as if you're using "full" as a figure of speech either.

Just because you don't break doesn't mean you full combo'd something.
Mahogany
Colloquially when most people refer to a full combo they refer to not missing

So yeah, that.