forum

Ikimonogakari - Blue Bird

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Zephyra
I checked if the 148 BPM and I think it goes off beat every now and again. I think 152 is still the best bpm for this song. Thanks for te suggest tho. Oh and ye, I am really lazy rite now and can't be damned 2 even try 2 make other lvls for this beat map. So maybe on my next 1 when I am able 2 think so ye....

It's been a while and i have done everything u guys said SO WHY IS IT NOT RANKED! Maybe I need some improvements in some areas so can u point it out?
DawnII
Because you haven't bugged any mods? Your offset is clearly wrong, however it just so happens to fit so I'll leave it up to a BAT to fiddle with it.

IMO sample set is too low/soft, I suggest switching to hard or adding timing sections to change between soft and hard.

Additionally, your spacing needs quite a bit of work.
I.E. Normal: 01:13:27 (4) - way too close to 3.

Clean up the spacing for both Normal and Hard.

Edit: Also it seems Easy is not included in the osz?
Topic Starter
Zephyra
Rite... I see. I GIVE UP! I totally give up on beatmappin now (all future beatmaps are not for ranking and just for fun).

I SUK T_T. Blah oh well cheers!

Failed Beatmapper.
peppy
If you decide to pick this one up, use this timing:

bpm152
offset1486

Your mapping isn't bad by the way! You just need to work on your spacing a bit. This is a really great song (by a great artist) so I'd love to see it finished off and ranked.

If you don't understand the problems with your spacing, then just ask for some more help.

Also don't forget to use whistle/finish sound additions on your beats.
Topic Starter
Zephyra
XP fine... i think my sapcin is fine but i guess ill ask for some help. HELP! Ill try 2 improve it and make an easy ver after.
K-S-O
1:10:70 - The space between 3 and 4 is too wide. Try shortening that so that it is consistent with the 2 beats before it.
3:00:64 - The space between sliders 5 and 6 is also too wide.

It's not a bad beatmap but you'll need to fix these problems I mentioned.
If you need help with spacing your beats, that is what distance snapping is for. That is a big help.
Topic Starter
Zephyra
Ye.. I went thru the whole song with the snapper on, so i hope the spacin is alright now... as for the other problems.... one step at a time.

FINISHED! hope it gets ranked. Oh um... the karaoke special which I dint work on yet somehow got onto the uploaded thing, so the difficulties are easy, normal, hard and karaoke special (with 0 notes and 0 stars). Im wonderin... how do I take the Karaoke1 off the net?

Download: GazettE - Shiver (TV Size) (Haneii) [TheVileOne's Sebastian].osu
peppy
Delete your local copy and resubmit. You can do this from song selection or windows explorer.
Topic Starter
Zephyra
But when I delete it doesnt the whole beat mao go? resulting that i have 2 dwnload it from here?

I deleted tha whole thing and had 2 re-download it from here. I noticed that the Karaoke ver is not in my song select. So I think it should be ok than. XP
peppy
I et the feeling the karaoke version is sitting somewher ein another directory in your songs folder. If not, do an upload again and make sure you finish it by clicking the submit to forum button.
Topic Starter
Zephyra
Just wonderin... how long does a beatmap take 2 get ranked? Cuz i don wanna be waitin 4 ever just 2 find out its not gonna get ranked.
DawnII
It will get ranked if you take the time and effort required to fix your map to ranking quality. From what I can tell, you haven't even updated your timing with Peppy's suggestions yet.
peppy
Yeah I want this ranked, I'm really in love with this song :P.

General stuff:
You still havent changed the timing - offset is wrong.
Use whistle/finish sound additions - at the moment things are very very boring due to the lack of these.
There's a lot more spacing issues - run over this map with a distance spacing fine comb.
A lot of these issues (especially the chorus break) goes for easy too - so check through that as well.

Normal:
00:28:27 (4,5,6) - spacing - wonky
00:47:81 (1,2,3,4) - spacing - wonky
00:54:52 - yarg, this break feels totally out of place - in the middle of the chorus! don't do this! it doesn't make the song easier, it just makes you look lazy :(.
01:21:36 (2,3,4,5) - spacing
01:49:98 (6,7) - spacing - too close.
02:58:07 (4,5,6) - spacing etc.

Hard:
Drop circle size down one notch in my opinion.

This feels a LOT better than the other two difficulties. Spacing is waaay good.
00:33:00 - this is just one example, but i feel you should place a hitcircle after these sliders on the main beat. it feels a bit empty without it
00:36:16 - another example
00:48:60 (1) - i would use a slider here, because its the perfect CHARGE UP!!!!! time in the song, but this is a personal opinion :).
01:04:58 - another example
02:01:42 - another example
02:33:69 (3) - move to red tick (back 1 tick at 1/4)

This difficulty is REALLY in need of some sound additions (whistle/finish). Experiment with ways of making the chorus and verses sound interesting by accentuating certain beats... like i very the AOI AOI ANO SORA should have many whistles on it.

Good luck, starred.

Topic Starter
Zephyra
-_-

I ran thru all the difficulties with the spaceing snapper. This means that its not me its the snapper. I also dont get what u mean by "wonky" plz clarify. I will fix the offset as soon as I get the chance.
DawnII
Wonky as in off somewhat. Technically it should work, but in practice, it will throw people off.

00:28:27 (4,5,6) - I.E. (4) is a bit too close to (5).

Just to add some things:

Easy:
01:14:06 (3) - A little too far from (2).
Maybe consider making the circle sizes a bit larger as well.
Topic Starter
Zephyra
I DONT GET THIS! I ran thru all tha songs with the spacer and u guys still say the spacing has a problem! HOw then am i supposed to fix it if all the guide lines are wrong!

Also can u guys tell me the correct offset? can't seem 2 figure it out. Thnx
peppy
To change offset, open up the timing panel, change it, and set the correction method below to "rescale". Go through the song and make sure everything is in place, else snap it manually/automatically.

And if you look at the places I mentioned above, you should see the problems. If you can't then I suggest you read the guide about spacing once more. It may help to disable grid snap for some of the wonky areas to avoid uneven snapping (or increase the granularity of your grid).
Topic Starter
Zephyra
I Z3phyra now give up on OSU. When I play, i get pwned by every1 and every thing. When i make beatmaps, i totally suk and have 2 change tons of stuff which i don get. I therefore GIVE UP. XP I might start again in 4 years but oh well. CYA my fellow Osu-ers.
peppy
What a waste.. If you are serious, I will happily take this beatmap over and raise it to the point it is rankable. I'll wait to hear back from you first though.

I'll say this again, but there's nothign wrong with your mapping style - you actually did very well for a newbie.
Topic Starter
Zephyra
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Hyperworm
um

Am I allowed to bump this? :X
I really like this song.
Might someone continue where Zephyra left off?
Topic Starter
Zephyra
Haha ye plz do continue any1 at all. I have been highly unactive for the past few months and will start up again soon enough but not on this song. As previously said i like 2 start fresh and will work and a new piece. CYa

Z3phyra
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.