forum

Losing accuracy by improving it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Baka94
I have recently noticed really odd things about how osu! calculates online stats. For some reason my accuracy stat dropped by -0,15% from improving my accuracy on a difficulty by 18,22%. Why does this happen?
KanoSet
your acc is measured by your top plays acc
have a look on your top plays and you'll get it
Topic Starter
Baka94
Oh... I think I once heard about accuracy begin the average of best scores on each beatmap and difficulty or something.
repr1se

Baka94 wrote:

Oh... I think I once heard about accuracy begin the average of best scores on each beatmap and difficulty or something.
That's half right. The accuracy on your profile is the average of the accuracies from your top PP plays, as KanoSet mentioned.
Topic Starter
Baka94

repr1se wrote:

Baka94 wrote:

That's half right. The accuracy on your profile is the average of the accuracies from your top PP plays, as KanoSet mentioned.
That may have been from the times pp system didn't exist yet. I have played osu! for very long time (my old accout met with a terrible fate so I can't use it anymore... :( )

EDIT: This is getting really weird. I improved my accuracy by ~4% on a map that was on my top ranks list and I still lost accuracy on the actual accuracy stat :?
Topic Starter
Baka94
Is the accuracy calculated by all 100 (or so) maps listed in the "Top Ranks" section? Or does it just take some of the top ones on the list? I've been trying to improve my accuracy on maps that are on that list, but there is either no chance or I lose accuracy. Is the accuracy stat somehow weighted similar to how PP is?
DeathHydra

Baka94 wrote:

Is the accuracy calculated by all 100 (or so) maps listed in the "Top Ranks" section? Or does it just take some of the top ones on the list? I've been trying to improve my accuracy on maps that are on that list, but there is either no chance or I lose accuracy. Is the accuracy stat somehow weighted similar to how PP is?
AFAIK yes