forum

Streaming with mechanical keyboard(?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri
I can stream short 180 bpm streams with my laptop rubberdome keyboard, but not with my mechanical one. I cannot even stream 160 bpm properly when im using mechanical keyboard and I have also noticed that usually the second last note on streams (when using mechanical) ends up being 100.
I also feel like that my stamina is way better with laptop rubberdome keyboard.
Would like to have some advices, how to stream properly with mechanical keyboard.
KanoSet
what color is your keyboard switch ?
i kinda felt the same but it got better with time
also making my tapping fingers in a claw position instead of just just laying it down on my keyboard helped greatly
-Makishima S-
i wasnt able to stream 160 with rubberdome, mechanical made me instantly better.
You do something wrong.
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri

KanoSet wrote:

what color is your keyboard switch ?
i kinda felt the same but it got better with time
also making my tapping fingers in a claw position instead of just just laying it down on my keyboard helped greatly
I have razer blackwidow.I guess that they are the green ones?
KanoSet

Saunamaisteri wrote:

not so different from my mx blues.. just play more and be gentle while tapping
also try not to tense up while streaming.. it doesn't help but makes it worse
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri

KanoSet wrote:

Saunamaisteri wrote:

not so different from my mx blues.. just play more and be gentle while tapping
also try not to tense up while streaming.. it doesn't help but makes it worse
Hmm...usually when its a long and fast stream, I end up tensing up alot.
Cryption
It takes time to get used to a mechanical kb too. Depends on the switches too most ppl use mx reds or browns but its just preference
KanoSet

Saunamaisteri wrote:

Hmm...usually when its a long and fast stream, I end up tensing up alot.
well that comes with time.. it took me a long while to get used to my keyboard tho.. it's just different from person to another
just have fun and enjoy the ride

Edit: you gotta love your keyboard so it loves you back and gets you pp
Sayorie
Stop using your old keyboard and use your mech already. Why?

Rubberdome and various mechanical switches have different actuation points (or the point where a click is registered). You have to get used to a single keyboard for optimal results. Like almost all advice out here, you won't suddenly get improvements. Play more.
Cinia Arctica
There is a possibility that you are over streaming and tapping to fast if you are getting a lot of hundreds so just start practicing low bpm streams and then move to higher ones. Also your fingers will eventually get used to streaming at certain bpms so it is good to look at a maps bpm before playing just so you know what speed to stream at.