1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted

Aleks719 wrote:

Small mod post about strange (imo) things.

General
Your credits in SB works in intro (-7.739 ~ 0.190), but your diffs start from 00:21:335. I guess you can make this part of sb without "intro" It seemed more proper that way and less unusual to me.
Remove Thumbs.db from SB folder since it useless. I don't see it? I still don't see it....?
Make audio lead-in 0 in Backfire's diff Fixed.
Remove "Default" skin from Zelos' Sparring. Players dislike default style and another style in mapset looks ugly. Fixed. Also, default skin is not ugly, just hard for some to use I guess....
I guess your 2nd kiai must started from 01:45:916, because atm fountain follows nothing, also kiai time is not similar for all diffs. I know that and there is a reason why I start the kiai before the speed up notes. You want to be able to see what you need to hit. Also, I won't stress about the slight differences in the kiai points since I still respect the guest mapper's style of how it is used which in this case I see is still reasonable.
Normal-hitclap2 works ~20sec in mapset (to be honest, 20sec in one diff only). Is it really necessary? If yes, you could use them more often than now, because this clap fits the song. I didn't mind Zelos using it for his diff, but it's up to him on where it feels like it fits.
Edit: Going to redo [Fighting] since looking at it now, it's a bit too cluttered.
posted
:c Whyme, we must get this ranked. Its for great justice :c </3 We were so close before </3
posted
Well, I finally finished remapping [Fighting] and updated the fail-background image to something better to look at.
posted
Since I did mod this before I made a guest and since a change was made to Fighting, I figured I might as well mod it!

Fighting:
00:29:264 (3) - grab the 2nd slider point and move it to the left 1 grid point and up 1 grid point? it makes the slider more even and you can see the end of it a bit more.
00:33:670 (5,8) - grab 2nd slider point of slider 5, and move it to the left 1 grid point and down 1 grid point. slider 8:grab the 2nd slider point and move it to the left 1 grid point and up 1 grid point. basically the same reasoning posted in the first mod.
00:40:057 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - the what appears to be a pentagon (I think its called a pentagon) would look better if you moved 6 to the left 1 grid point, slider 7 to the left 1 grid point, also note 3 to the left 1 grid point. in doing this you you fix the symmetricalness of the pentagon and also this fixes the triangle formed by the end of slider 7 with notes 8 and 9.
01:07:150 (1) - its a bit bothering that this isnt symmetrical but it looks like you might have done it for a reason. if not, fix this to be symmetrical?

You certainly have the most interesting but most fun playing sliders ive seen :)
another star!
posted

Zelos wrote:

Since I did mod this before I made a guest and since a change was made to Fighting, I figured I might as well mod it!

Fighting:
00:29:264 (3) - grab the 2nd slider point and move it to the left 1 grid point and up 1 grid point? it makes the slider more even and you can see the end of it a bit more.
00:33:670 (5,8) - grab 2nd slider point of slider 5, and move it to the left 1 grid point and down 1 grid point. slider 8:grab the 2nd slider point and move it to the left 1 grid point and up 1 grid point. basically the same reasoning posted in the first mod.
00:40:057 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - the what appears to be a pentagon (I think its called a pentagon) would look better if you moved 6 to the left 1 grid point, slider 7 to the left 1 grid point, also note 3 to the left 1 grid point. in doing this you you fix the symmetricalness of the pentagon and also this fixes the triangle formed by the end of slider 7 with notes 8 and 9.
01:07:150 (1) - its a bit bothering that this isnt symmetrical but it looks like you might have done it for a reason. if not, fix this to be symmetrical?

You certainly have the most interesting but most fun playing sliders ive seen :)
another star!
I know the shapes seem odd, but I went with this method for a reason. Still, I ended up doing some changes after looking around the map at those ares so thanks for checking back on it.
posted
Whyme, this is gonna be in pending forever like coward killing time, isnt it? ;-;
posted
Nope. It is gonna be taken care of soon :D, aww yeah suggested changing the stacking lvls to make the map look a bit neater and presto.
posted
YUS A BUBBLEZ!
Now we await the ranking of this fast paced map ^_^
posted
-It is kind of odd to start the kiai during a break at 02:19:397. It would fit more at 02:21:159 with the pulse and where the music picks up in my opinion. Same for the kiai at 01:44:154 (I know it has been mentioned before...but still)
-Drag the start of the first break to 00:42:480 to fit slightly more?

Training:
01:56:489 (1) - no clap on the end of this to follow your previous pattern?
02:31:732 (1) - add clap to the end? (also the slider shape could be improved)

Zelos' Sparring:
03:31:643 - make sure this timing section is before the end of the spinner if you meant it to be there

Fighting:
03:25:696 (3,4) - seperate these so people with snaking sliders turned off can still easily see which is the note and which is the slider (not too important)

Ass Kicking:
01:07:811 (3,4,5,6,7) - mehhhhh..... definitely pushing it. Maybe make them a little closer just so people don't kill you? :P (Same for the rest of them like this)

Looks good overall, the main things worrying me at the moment are the kiai and the spread out streams on Insane. If you don't want the kiai to be too distracting at those places you could always edit the star2 more.
Anyway call me back after those minor fixes and I should be able to finally rank this~
posted

James2250 wrote:

-It is kind of odd to start the kiai during a break at 02:19:397. It would fit more at 02:21:159 with the pulse and where the music picks up in my opinion. Same for the kiai at 01:44:154 (I know it has been mentioned before...but still)
-Drag the start of the first break to 00:42:480 to fit slightly more?

Training:
01:56:489 (1) - no clap on the end of this to follow your previous pattern? It's tough trying to find the right patterns to mix things up with, but I could do with that fix.
02:31:732 (1) - add clap to the end? (also the slider shape could be improved) Hmm.... done.

Zelos' Sparring:
03:31:643 - make sure this timing section is before the end of the spinner if you meant it to be there

Fighting:
03:25:696 (3,4) - seperate these so people with snaking sliders turned off can still easily see which is the note and which is the slider (not too important) I do take playability seriously so i'll fix that.

Ass Kicking:
01:07:811 (3,4,5,6,7) - mehhhhh..... definitely pushing it. Maybe make them a little closer just so people don't kill you? :P (Same for the rest of them like this) I'll have to keep this one. The actual spacing I used is to simulate the 2x BPM change in spacing (with the calculations of the speed increase set to an odd multiple + an odd distance snap rate to make it work like a not so brutal speed since these sections on this difficulty is not actually in double speed since if I did use that, the spacing would be stupidly far apart compared to what is there now. I've also did heavy testing to make sure it is passable, but not easy either.

Looks good overall, the main things worrying me at the moment are the kiai and the spread out streams on Insane. If you don't want the kiai to be too distracting at those places you could always edit the star2 more. I normally set the kiai like this on this mapping style.
Thanks for checking into the map.
posted
Ok I talked about it with Sakura as well and the kiai can stay that way, seeing as it goes with the speed up storyboarded parts and whyme says it's his style of doing things :P

Also went over those spread out streams....they can stay if they really have to, but get ready for a bunch of troll votes over them....
Play Ass Kicking at your own risk

Everything else looks good now so
Ranked~
posted
Grats
posted
SMACK MAH BITCH UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP


:roll:
posted
Lol, insane is kicking everyones ass, as I expected. That shit was hard as hell ;3; Anyway, yay for rank.
posted
Nice job, whymebro! :)
posted
I know the music is repetitive but try to come up with more original pattern next time.
Gratz anyway
posted

JesusYamato wrote:

I know the music is repetitive but try to come up with more original pattern next time.
Gratz anyway
That was the biggest problem for me, and most likely wmm.
I blame his song choice.
Its still a really fun map though, unless you play insane which is just...ridiculous.
posted
Gratz' for rank ~ :3
posted

Backfire wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

I know the music is repetitive but try to come up with more original pattern next time.
Gratz anyway
I blame his song choice.
Go away, The Prodigy is always an awesome song choice. :<
posted

Mr Color wrote:

Go away, The Prodigy is always an awesome song choice. :<
No! You misunderstand what I'm saying

The song is not very good for mapping.

Smack my bitch up is a god damn masterpiece, but its repetitive and difficult to transition into a fun rhythm experience.
show more
Please sign in to reply.