forum

Tapping & Aim out of sync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cmyui
So I've always had this problem and it seems to come and go and im not sure what causes it, but im assuming im not aiming fast enough. Basically what my problem is, is that I click before my cursor is actually on the note, but i am still clicking on beat with the song [I am well in the blue on the little bar on the bottom]. The thing is, I have no idea how to aim faster, and using relax i seem to do fine.. I use cursor ripples, and thats how i managed to figure out that i was aiming slowly.. Any suggestions? :P

Note: I use a huion 420 tablet
Yolshka
Might be a reading issue, I find it hard to differentiate between aim and reading problems, not quite sure on that.
I don't think I've experienced this, the only thing I have had is that I aim perfectly next to a circle, missing it, even though I saw it.

I'm really curious about how you distinguish aim from reading.
Skybussa

ShadyAngel wrote:

Might be a reading issue
Try adjusting the AR of the map in the editor to one you find comfortable and see if you can aim the map.

If it's a reading issue then you'll have no problem playing fine on a more comfortable AR, elsewise its an aim issue.

It also helps to watch your own replays to see what you did wrong (putting it in 0.5x speed if necessary) or have a friend who is more experienced or knowledgeable tell you what to do. It's like having your essay proofread by a peer on an assignment. It is much easier for someone else to point out your mistakes rather than having you admit your own mistakes (even if only to yourself).

I struggle with this all the time (and more often than not its a reading issue). I can play maps on AR>=9.6 more well than I can play AR9, but thats because my reading isn't that strong (and I'm constantly trying to work on it at the moment).

Good luck!
Bauxe
Play more.

ShadyAngel wrote:

Might be a reading issue, I find it hard to differentiate between aim and reading problems, not quite sure on that.
I don't think I've experienced this, the only thing I have had is that I aim perfectly next to a circle, missing it, even though I saw it.

Why do you have a self-reminder as your signature, and why surround the body in curly braces?
chainpullz

Bauxe wrote:

Play more.

ShadyAngel wrote:

Why do you have a self-reminder as your signature, and why surround the body in curly braces?
People think json looks cute these days I guess, except they fucked up the commas and forgot to put quotations around their labels.
repr1se
I actually had the opposite problem, where my cursor would leave the note before I tapped the circle.

The thing that helped me was to let the song "carry the cursor." If you get what I mean. Most of it just comes from being attentive.
Reyvateil
This is usually a reading problem. General tips for this are:

- You focus at the circles and be aware of where the cursor is, not the opposite. Which lead to the next point...
- Unless the AR is very low, you want to read one circle at a time, you should only look at the next circle when your cursor is on top (or almost on top) of the one you're currently focused. Getting used to do this with proper speed in lower ARs can be hard.

The tip by Renji might help identifying if this is actually the case, reading higher ARs in your comfort zone is much easier to aim. If you still cannot aim in this comfortable AR it's probably just a mismatch between your aiming skills/speed and the maps you're playing, meaning you need to practice more these two.
ithgyu
play more
E m i
1. Try to snap (works instantly and is quite effective)
2. Play more (is quite effective)
3. Try to decrease your latency/input lag in general (shouldn't help directly)
Spirit_Dreamer

Momiji wrote:

1. Try to snap (works instantly and is quite effective)
2. Play more (is quite effective)
Indeed.And check your tablet drivers. I actualy had the same problem for over 2 years and in the end after reinstaling the drivers few times (no idea why this was needed cause they were the same drivers) the problem was suddenly solved.If your cursor moves noticebly after the hand move it's probably that.
Yolshka

Momiji wrote:

Currently , I play with 4,2ms something that is shown is the bottom right corner, I don't think it does anything, but sometimes I experience framdrops, and all the approach circles go blurry or something, kind of annoying.
I disabled videos and stuff, I don't know how to incrase my fps other than upgrading to a newer machine.
But you're probably not talking about that.
KanoSet

ShadyAngel wrote:

Currently , I play with 4,2ms something that is shown is the bottom right corner, I don't think it does anything, but sometimes I experience framdrops, and all the approach circles go blurry or something, kind of annoying.
I disabled videos and stuff, I don't know how to incrase my fps other than upgrading to a newer machine.
But you're probably not talking about that.
playing with background dim at 100% gives me 1.4~2 ms
lowering it a bit gives me 3~4 ms or something so that might help
i play with the integrated gpu in my laptop "intel 4000 hd" since the amd card is dead long time ago
Yolshka
Seems interesting, I can't get it below 4,2ms, that might be because of the frame cap I put on. On unlimited It's really wierd, cursor is teleporting all around.
Although I'll try dimming the background, even though It's hard to give up because I really like it :) .
But thank you for the reply KanoSet.
Those drops aren't that common though, but still It bothers me a little.

KanoSet
you can change the frame cap to what you want tho.. in osu folder therebl should be a file named "osu.ShadyAngel" open it with notepad, search for "CustomFrameLimit" line and change it to the number you want.. maybe 450 or something
then save and open osu and it should be capped to 450 fps
set it to the max fps you get with unlimited oa a bit less since unlimited gives you troubles :/
also i have these lag spikes every while.. like five times in 4 hours or so.. but i am alive
hope it helps :)