forum

Song Select Filter Improvements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Poncho
I was looking at this part of the options menu today: http://puu.sh/okxeD/7f22316711.jpg , and I noticed how scarce it was. So I have a couple of ideas to make it better.

A filter for game modes. This will really clean up the song select for users that don't play every game mode (most users). Another idea would be for a filter for ranked, submitted and not submitted maps. Many users who use osu! BPM Changer (t/218783) and Map Settings Customizer (t/201768) have a lot of not submitted maps that really clog up song select and it would be nice to be able to hide them.

I realize that you can filter out things like this by typing "mode=osu", "status=ranked", etc. but i think it would be nice for it to be in the options menu as well.

Thanks for reading!
-Poncho
pixeldesu
I think the options we have in the song selection itself are good enough, why would we need to also have them in the Options?

Edit (I should read the full post before replying)
The song selection options don't have a lot to show, since most of the stuff is done...well, in the song selection itself.

You can group all songs in there, with the Group dropdown:
https://jii.moe/41PnsPiyZ.png

And you can use search filters if you really need to filter stuff out entirely, for example you can use mode=ctb to just show Catch the Beat maps! (more information on search filters can be found in the wiki)
Topic Starter
Poncho

Pyuru wrote:

I think the options we have in the song selection itself are good enough, why would we need to also have them in the Options?

Edit (I should read the full post before replying)
The song selection options don't have a lot to show, since most of the stuff is done...well, in the song selection itself.

You can group all songs in there, with the Group dropdown:
https://jii.moe/41PnsPiyZ.png

And you can use search filters if you really need to filter stuff out entirely, for example you can use mode=ctb to just show Catch the Beat maps! (more information on search filters can be found in the wiki)
I realize this but i mean he has a Star Rating filter when you can just type "star>5 star<7". Since Peppy added this I assume he thinks it is worthwhile to also have it in the options menu for players who would prefer having it set instead of having to type it.
abraker
SR filters were put in options so that you had a setting which remained even after exiting the song select screen. It is rather cumbersome to keep typing the "star>x star<y" stuff every time. However, it only makes sense to put a filter where you would use it: song select, and It makes little sense to put it options other than just for the categorization that the game remembers what filter you want it to apply.

What I think actually needs to be done is allow the text cursor in the filter text to be moved so you don't need to erase the entire text to change something written mid way and have the game remember it even when you exit the song select until you press something to clear it

ref request for editing search terms midway: t/326291/start=0
ref request for clearing search terms behavior: t/342645/start=0
Drezi
^ yeah that. or while we're at it just give filters an expandable graphic interface below the search bar that is saved between sessions and can be reset with a click.

something like a two dragpoint slider for everything, like bpm (that actually checks post DT bpm), cs, ar etc. instead of a separate one for min and max values, a checkbox for displaying ranked/unranked, a dropdown for showing only certain gamemode specific maps, etc.
Topic Starter
Poncho

abraker wrote:

SR filters were put in options so that you had a setting which remained even after exiting the song select screen. It is rather cumbersome to keep typing the "star>x star<y" stuff every time. However, it only makes sense to put a filter where you would use it: song select, and It makes little sense to put it options other than just for the categorization that the game remembers what filter you want it to apply.

What I think actually needs to be done is allow the text cursor in the filter text to be moved so you don't need to erase the entire text to change something written mid way and have the game remember it even when you exit the song select until you press something to clear it

ref request for editing search terms midway: t/326291/start=0
ref request for clearing search terms behavior: t/342645/start=0
Yeah I see what you're saying that does make a lot more sense.