forum

Streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spagetti
So I am getting angry, I can jump very well and my aim is good, but my streaming sucks, I cant stream 140BPM. I have practised streaming for few months now and still can't stream 140BPM or anything above that :cry:, I use Z/X. I think the problem is that I can't tap z/x fast enough, so any tips for that?

Any help will be appreciated. ;)
Topic Starter
Spagetti
Forgot to mention: I can stream only very short streams.
silento
First off, I don't recommend learning streaming at your rank as it's similar to learning how to run when you can't even walk properly. Get the basics of the game down first before going for it. 1k pp is a good time to start considering training streaming, but certainly not now.

Anyway, how have you been practicing streaming so far? I'd like to know before I give my input.
kurodahatsuharu
"play more" team incoming.

Spagetti wrote:

Forgot to mention: I can stream only very short streams.
to stream you need to get used to the rhythm of the song. you need to keep playing to adapt it into your born, your muscle, your mind, make your soul become one with the song. Then let your hand follow the stream paradise.
Topic Starter
Spagetti

TheArchist wrote:

First off, I don't recommend learning streaming at your rank as it's similar to learning how to run when you can't even walk properly. Get the basics of the game down first before going for it. 1k pp is a good time to start considering training streaming, but certainly not now.

Anyway, how have you been practicing streaming so far? I'd like to know before I give my input.
Ok thanks, and I have been practising streaming with stream practise maps :) Thank you for your reply
Topic Starter
Spagetti
I cant tap fast enough, :D
ithgyu
1) you havnt practiced streaming for a few months
2) at your level, just play more, it will come
Topic Starter
Spagetti

II Jelli II wrote:

I have practised streaming for a few months, but not very much but still a whole lot of hours put into this.
Yuudachi-kun

Spagetti wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

I have practised streaming for a few months, but not very much but still a whole lot of hours put into this.

So if I played fl once in 2014, once in2015, and today can I say Ive been practicing fl for two years?
DeathHydra
Please, don't worry about streaming yet. Worry about that later. You still have many things to learn before streaming (for example, your accuracy. It's so bad)
Topic Starter
Spagetti

DeathAdderz wrote:

Please, don't worry about streaming yet. Worry about that later. You still have many things to learn before streaming (for example, your accuracy. It's so bad)
Would you be my trainer? :lol:
silento

Spagetti wrote:

TheArchist wrote:

Ok thanks, and I have been practising streaming with stream practise maps :) Thank you for your reply
Well what kind of stream practice maps? If it's the long ones with continuous notes set by bpm, don't use those. Those are for people who can already stream as a way to build stamina.

However, a map that you're mostly comfortable with that has short bursts (triplets or even more in a stack) is much better as you will get used to the motion.

Also note that if you want to learn how to stream a higher bpm, you need to play it. You don't learn 180 bpm by playing 140; that's not how it works. You start by playing 180 bpm maps that you can follow and aim to get used to the bpm, then progress to triplets, then to higher and higher amount of notes in a stack until it becomes a stream.

However doing something like playing 140 bpm after 180 is a great way to establish finger control. It's just that it won't make you go faster.
Baka94
Since this post was just made, I'm not going to make a new one about streaming even though my problem most likely is not the same as OP's.

I have a problem with streaming too. For me the problem is that it's very inconsistent. Sometimes I stream pretty well and sometimes I can't stream at all. I can stream 120-140 BPM maps pretty well. Then there is the 150-160 BPM gap where I don't have streaming maps at all. Next ones are around 175 BPM (and above, but I won't go to those now), which is when I start having problems. Sometimes I do well and most of the time I don't. Some 175 BPM maps I can stream really well compared to others around the same BPM and some maps worse. Do you think that I should keep trying 175 BPM or try the 150-160 BPM range first? If the latter, can you link me some maps? :)
Jellyfish McGub
you gotta feel the rhythm man
Baka94

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

you gotta feel the rhythm man
I do feel it c:
I just can't keep up with it at high BPMs