forum

Conscious blinking

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pasi123567
So i dont know what i can do about it.
First of all, i always got strange habits in my life, but there always going away after a few days.

So,
I played osu! for a month without any problems, but then i noticed my blinking and searched on these forums if there are other people too that notice there blinking while playing. Didnt really find anything.

For some reason this got stuck in my head and now i need to blink consciously all the time while playing osu! and like 10% of the day too. Its like i developed OCD.
This goes on for a month now. What can i do? Should i learn to time when to blink?
Yolshka
I blink all the time, i can't stop it, really annoying.
But I usually try to blink on longer sliders, or easy to hit sliderends, spinners etc.
After a long session of osu! the blinking gets real though.
Endaris
Make sure you're drinking enough while playing. Increases the efficiency of each blink and reduces the frequency of having the urge to blink.
Acr0h
sometimes i dont blink for 30 sek - 1 min i am hurting my eyes your not be happy
Topic Starter
pasi123567
Good that im not completely alone :)
Thanks for the advise.
KanoSet
blinking is actually a good thing so you don't hurt your eyes
plus what Endaris said just play and enjoy game pls
dung eater
drink a lot, pee a lot

maybe you'll forget about blinking when you get frustrated from going to bathroom every hour
Yushi
Just get a good reaction time and blink whenever you want. I probably blink 1-2 times every second LOL
Caenis
Mahogany

pasi123567 wrote:

What can i do?
Topic Starter
pasi123567

Mahogany wrote:

pasi123567 wrote:

What can i do?
Best suggestion, I will try this
AGRX
Your playcount is so low that i think you just didn't get use to the game yet.
You raise your ability to play harder stuff that you think blinking is the reason of your problem.
I don't think you should care about blinking. Its something thats should happen subconsciously.
Care more about how you play certain patterns or why you break miss at certain point.

Acording your ranks i think you play stuff that are too fast for your brain to process. Why not try to develop better accuracy and habbits on easier stuff like HARD difficulties and move on?
Topic Starter
pasi123567

Agrrox wrote:

Your playcount is so low that i think you just didn't get use to the game yet.
You raise your ability to play harder stuff that you think blinking is the reason of your problem.
I don't think you should care about blinking. Its something thats should happen subconsciously.
Care more about how you play certain patterns or why you break miss at certain point.

Acording your ranks i think you play stuff that are too fast for your brain to process. Why not try to develop better accuracy and habbits on easier stuff like HARD difficulties and move on?
Yeah i play harder stuff to get better at the game but I dont think im bad because of the blinking, it just distracts from playing.
repr1se
Don't not blink.

Think about it. If you get dry eyes, how will you cry after your waifu dies?
Satalia
omg same. I blink for like 3/4 seconds and I cant stop it its so weird. And I always screw up when playing because of it..