Topic Starter
zerozaber
I have laptop ASUS
I5-460
GT335M (optimus)
RAM 4 G

when i used my I5's GPU the fps can run up to 318 fps
but when I change to nvidia GPU it locked at 235 +- 3

I know the GPU locked my ps because when I reach the section that consume processing power, my fps didn't increase (that means my comp can play that section with 235 fps), but when the low processing section come, my FPS didn't increase why?

my old pc with 8400GS can run at 120 - 320 FPS

This became my problem because lower framerate give me mouse delay (I can see the delay if I play very fast song)

someone give me solution to unlock it please :)
Evanlet
I'm honestly not sure how you can hit 300+ FPS with that GPU and CPU, I have an i7 920QM and a HD 5730M yet I can only get to 130.
Also, your FPS shouldn't affect your mouse's response time. What mouse do you have?
storm704
damiaanzx, you probably have the frame rate limiter on that's why you don't get any higher.
Evanlet

storm704 wrote:

damiaanzx, you probably have the frame rate limiter on that's why you don't get any higher.
Definitely turned frame rate limiter off.
Wasn't it set at 60 or something around that by default?
Evanlet
Not sure if this would affect you but:

peppy wrote:

(also check prerendered frames and set to 0 if it isn't already; this may help with mouse lag).
EDIT: Woops, sorry for the double post.
Hit quote instead of edit :?, Merge please :D
storm704
There are 3 options for frame limiter 60 fps, 120 fps, and unlimited. You probably have at 120 fps. Because when i played with 120fps my frame rate would bounce between 130-140. When i play with unlimited my frame rate bounces from 2000 - 3000.
Evanlet

storm704 wrote:

There are 3 options for frame limiter 60 fps, 120 fps, and unlimited. You probably have at 120 fps. Because when i played with 120fps my frame rate would bounce between 130-140. When i play with unlimited my frame rate bounces from 2000 - 3000.
It's on unlimited.
It doesn't matter though, as long as my Framerate doesn't dip below 60 I'm happy... even if I expected more from DDR3 Ram, HD 5730M and i7 920QM.
Topic Starter
zerozaber

damiaanzx wrote:

I'm honestly not sure how you can hit 300+ FPS with that GPU and CPU, I have an i7 920QM and a HD 5730M yet I can only get to 130.
Also, your FPS shouldn't affect your mouse's response time. What mouse do you have?
my pc 8400GS and core2 1.8GHz can hit 300 fps

only some computer that has delay caused by low fps (some topic said that and the one of computer is mine)
Kitsunemimi

damiaanzx wrote:

storm704 wrote:

It's on unlimited.
It doesn't matter though, as long as my Framerate doesn't dip below 60 I'm happy... even if I expected more from DDR3 Ram, HD 5730M and i7 920QM.
Your computer sucks. Honestly, i7 + HD5730M, like... you must have some serious crap running in the background, or you've got a million viruses... which would turn into crap running in the background. Last time I checked, my 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 6800 could do 120FPS with all the shaders on.

Aside from that, the only thing I can imagine going on with your computer might be... power settings? Video card settings? Something that limits it from its full power, most likely because your laptop is trying to save power.