forum

201X HARD | o!m Harvest-time All-Round Dueling tournament

posted
Total Posts

Are you interested in joining as a contestant?

Yes, I would join because I play all keys or I am learning 10K.
12.74%
Yes, I would join because I play up to 9K or I am learning 9K.
8.28%
Yes, I would join because I play up to 8K or I am learning 8K.
8.28%
Yes, I would join. I main 4K and/or 7K but I don't mind picking other key counts.
21.02%
Yes, I would join, but I will only pick 4K and/or 7K from the mappool.
22.29%
No, but I might watch live broadcast.
22.93%
No, I'm NOT interested in this tourney IN ANY WAY.
4.46%
Total votes: 157
Topic Starter
FrenzyLi
Latest Notice: Aug 6, 2016
The tournament will be delayed indefinitely because the host cannot dedicate enough time for the tournament. Please watch for later announcements.
主办人因没有足够时间,将延期举办本比赛;时间未定。请留意未来的通知。

本贴二楼有规则(暂定)中译本。한국어 번역을 보시려면 2번째 포스팅을 봐주세요.

2016 osu!mania
Harvest-time All-Round Dueling tournament
Latest Update | Apr 24, 2016 | Mock Map-pool is released at 100 votes.
Update Log (04/24/2016)
Apr 23, 2016 | Logo, Tiebreaker Rules
Apr 18, 2016 | Miss-count Attack (Revoked FC Attack), Morale Multiplayer, Healing Potion, Mappool Key Distribution, Qualification
Apr 17, 2016 | Tournament name announced as "Harvest-time All-Round Dueling tournament" at 64 votes.

Chapter I. Preface

The osu!mania 2016 Harvest-time All-Round Dueling tournament (henceforth referred to as HARD) is an individual-based international tournament taking place in a time “when every leaf is a flower.”

The competitive game-mode at play for this tournament is osu!mania. As the name suggests, HARD is an “all-round” tournament featuring all key counts from 1 to 10. The tournament is scheduled to start in early/mid October, 2016 and shall avoid both official Mania World Cups (MWC).

A. Requirements

There are no experience prerequisites to enter this tournament. The tournament is open to contestants of any
  1. Nationality,
  2. osu!mania Rank, or
  3. Priority key-mode.
Due to the all-key and all-round nature of the tournament, contestants with better balance on skillsets will likely stand out. If you’re not yet an all-key player, you are still highly encouraged to read the remainder of the chapters and see if the tournament could be a beneficial choice.

B. Sign-up

Sign-up will be open in late August or early September and will be announced when the exact date is determined. To sign-up, send
-tournament hard signup
to FrenzyLi in-game.

Chapter II. Organization

You can join the official Discord server if you would like to contribute to the tournament in any way.
Host/Organizers (Contact for invite)
FrenzyLi

Consultant
Evening
-Kamikaze-

Content Creator
Beatmap | LordRaika NekoMikoReimu BilliumMoto iJinjin
Art | firstofall tjdbzfan99

Public Outreach (Contact for invite)
中文 | icee-
한국어 | Jakads

Chapter III. Format Overview

A. Qualification Stage

This is the qualification and seeding stage of the tournament.

All contestants are required to participate in this stage once. Normal scoring and tie-breaking rules apply in this round. This stage shall conclude with 128/64/32 or less remaining contestants depending on the total number of entries.

10 maps will be played during this round with one map in each key count (1 ~ 10). Each contestant is required to play each map once and only once. Total score (0 ~ 10 million) will be calculated for each contestant. A tie-breaker chart is played in case of a tie in total score. Each contestant is encouraged to play and score on all 10 maps to their best abilities. 128/64/32/16 remaining contestants with the highest total score will advance to the elimination stages with the highest seeding (1) going to he who has the most total points.

Each 8 contestants will play simultaneously for broadcasting purposes.

B. Single-elimination Stages

These stages are played in the form of single elimination, beginning with 128/64 contestants and ending with 32 remaining contestants. The elimination stage dueling and tie-breaking rules apply in this stage. If 32/16 players are qualified for the ournament, single-elimination stages will be skipped.

C. Double-elimination Stages

These stages are played in the form of double elimination, beginning with 32 contestants and ending with a champion. The elimination stage dueling and tie-breaking rules apply in this stage. Contestants will be separated into winner’s bracket and loser’s bracket depending on their match standing.

D. Map-pool

The map-pool in each elimination stage consist of 20 maps. Two maps are made available for each key-count.

Chapter IV. Scoring Rules

A. Point System

During the elimination stages, each successfully submitted multiplayer score shall be converted into points with the following formula
Points = Survival Points + Accuracy Points + Miss-Count Points + Hard-Rock Points
By the following system, a contestant is possible to score from 0 to 20 points for each submitted score.
  1. Survival Points: Clearing a map (6); Failing a map with 800k score (5), 600k score (4), 400k score (3), 200k score (2), 1 score (1), 0 score (0).
  2. Accuracy Points: Achieving 99.88% (10); 99.75% (9), 99.50% (8), 99.00% (7), 98.00% (6), 96.00% (5), 92.00% (4), 84.00% (3), 68.00% (2), 36.00% (1) or lower accuracy (0).
  3. Miss-Count Points: Having 0 misses (2), 1 miss (1) or more misses (0).
  4. Hard-Rock Points: Using Hard-Rock mod to achieve SS/S/A rank (2), B rank (1) or lower rank (0).
B. Key-Win Bonus

During the elimination stages, a contestant is awarded Key-Win Bonus if they achieve higher multiplayer score than their opponent. The Key-Win bonus is given as follows:
Key-Win Bonus: 1/10K (5), 2/9K (3), 3/5/6/8K (1), 4/7K (0)
C. Dueling Rules

During each non-qualifier tournament stage, each remaining contestant shall play a match against another contestant. Each match consists of multiple rounds conducted in the following rules.

4.3.1. At the beginning (Round 1) of match, each contestant has 80 health points and 20 additional health points for each additional stage.

4.3.2. Contestants roll a number between 1 ~ 100. Lower roll gets first ban. Higher roll gets second ban and becomes active.

4.3.2. At the end of each round, each contestant deals damage to the opponent which reduces the opponent's health points.
Damage = (Points + Key-Win Bonus) × Morale Multiplier
Morale Multiplier = 1.0 + 0.1 × (Round - 1)
4.3.3. At the beginning of each round, the active contestant can choose between two actions,
  1. pick a map from the remaining map-pool (opponent becomes active next round)
  2. recover health points (Opponent becomes active this round).
Recovered Health Poinst = Highest key-count picked by the contestant in current match
4.3.4. Each contest is allowed to recover health points at most once throughout the entire tournament.

4.3.5. WINNING CRITERIA: A contestant wins if they have at least 1 health point remaining while the opponent has 0 or less health points.

4.3.6. TIEBREAKER CRITERIA: If both contestants have 0 or less health points at the end of a round tiebreaker rules apply.

D. Tiebreaker Rules

4.4.1. If at least three maps are remaining in map-pool, contestants roll a number between 1 ~ 100.
  1. Lower roll gets to ban first map from remaining map-pool.
  2. Higher roll gets to ban second map from remaining map-pool.
  3. Higher roll picks first map from remaining map-pool.
  4. Lower roll picks second map from remaining map-pool if there still are remaining maps.
4.4.2. If only one or two maps are remaining in map-pool, all remaining maps should be played.

4.4.3. If map-pool is entirely exhausted, the two banned maps should all be played.

4.4.4. WINNING CRITERIA: A contestant wins if they have the best total score in the tiebreaker round(s).

E. Mods

4.5.1. Allowed Mods: Hard Rock, Sudden Death, Perfect, Fade-in, Hidden, Flashlight.

4.5.2. Banned Mods: Easy, No-Fail, Half Time, Double Time, Nightcore, Key-Modifier, Co-op, Random, Auto, Cinema

Chapter V. Map-pool

A. Qualification Stage

Qualification stage maps (a.k.a. qualifiers) will be released mid/late July.

B. Elimination Stage Map-pool

To be announced.

C. Mock pool

The map-pool listed here is only an example. It is not representative of the qualification pool and actual map-pools in any way, except that each key count contains two maps. This mock pool is only for reference, but you are welcome to practice these maps for the time being. The mock pool may be updated at any time.
  1. Various Artists obj. Kamikaze - 1K Mappack vol.3 [Anamanaguchi - Interlude (Total Tea Time)] (1-Key)
  2. u's - Snow halation (Short Edit) [1K HD] (1-Key)
  3. Maiko Iuchi - Electric Chaser [2k HD] (2-Key)
  4. Komatsu Mikako - TRICK BOX (TV size) [2K] (2-Key)
  5. Memme - Extreme Fantasy Survival [3K NM] (3-Key)
  6. iJinjin - The Wrath of ET Blocko [3K Hard] (3-Key)
  7. REDALiCE - Masakari Blade [ADVANCED] (4-Key)
  8. DJ'TEKINA//SOMETHING - Pallete GAMMA [Abstract] (4-Key)
  9. Yak_won - Lucid [5K EZ2ON NM] (5-Key)
  10. M2U - The Prince of Darkness [5K HD] (5-Key)
  11. Lia - My Soul, Your Beats! (TV Size) [6K SC] (6-Key)
  12. loos - Starlight Disco(feat. Meramipop) [Expert] (6-Key)
  13. toromaru - Enigma [ADVANCED] (7-Key)
  14. KOTOKO - Re-Sublimity (TV Size) [Lv.28] (7-Key)
  15. Drop - Granat [8K Magic Orb] (8-Key)
  16. Yiruma + Skullee - River Flows in You (A Love Note) [8K Insane] (8-Key)
  17. onoken - children's domain [Easy] (9-Key)
  18. Various - Nanahira Collection Vol.2 [NlHIL's 9K Bakunana*Testroyer] (9-Key)
  19. Object by MKTR - BMS by MKTR - 10K2S Collection EX [Nikorinpana // after school NAVIGATORS EZ LV.2] (10-Key)
  20. Object by MKTR - 10K2S Collection 3 [ginkiha // Fading Star EZ LV.3] (10-Key)

Chapter VI. References

The following are external resources on preparing for the tournament:
  1. (Fortunape) 9k Maps Collection
  2. (CircusGalop) Make osu!mania 10k maps rankable.
Topic Starter
FrenzyLi
This post contains Translations of the Temporary Rules

比赛规则(暂定)中译本 (2016-04-21)
请在本楼最顶投票参与民意调查,七个选项和英文版一对一:
请问你是否有意向参加本比赛?
  • 有。我是十键玩家或者正在学习十键。
    有。我只是九键玩家或者正在学习九键。
    有。我只是八键玩家或者正在学习八键。
    有。我主打4/7键,但是不介意打其他键数的谱面。
    有。但是我只会主动选4/7键谱面。
    没。但是我也许会来看直播。
    没。这比赛我完全不感兴趣。
报名要求: 无论国家地区/排名/键数偏好均可报名。

比赛规模: 16名选手起。

比赛阶段:
  • 双败淘汰(32名选手或更少时)
    先单败再双败(128名选手或更少时)
    资格赛(选手排序)
键数平衡:
  • 只打4/7键高阶玩家仅靠选4/7键谱面有机会晋级。
    全键高阶玩家更有可能拿到冠军。
    每赢一次非4键7键谱面会有奖励。
    打高键数的一般玩家不会轻易地被低键数高阶玩家淘汰,反之亦然。
赛制摘要: 玩家获得初始生命值(例如64人局80点,32人局100点,16人局120点,8人局140点,半决赛160点,决赛180点,总决赛200点)。每局根据谱面结果折算成攻击力(目前计算方式为攻击力基数(0到25间的数值)乘以士气乘数),降低对手的生命值。生命值首先降到或迭破0的选手输掉比赛。双方生命值若同时降到或迭破0,需要打决胜谱。

攻击力基数计算: (并非最终版)
  • 通过谱面计6点。
    没过谱面:按成绩计5点(达到80万分),4点(达到60万分),3点(达到40万分),2点(达到20万分),1点(达到1分),0点(0分)
    准确率: 根据准确率计攻击力点数 10 (99.88%),9 (99.75%), 8 (99.50%),7 (99.00%),6 (98.00%),5 (96.00%),4 (92.00%),3 (84.00%),2 (68.00%),1 (36.00%),0 (未达36.00%)。
    Miss 数:2点(无miss),1点(1次miss),0点(2次miss或更多)
    Hard Rock:2点(A或更好),1点(B),0点(C或更低)
    键数:获胜计5点(1/10键),3点(2/9键),1点(3/5/6/8键)
士气乘数:当前为第x局,攻击力基数乘以(0.9+0.1*x)作为攻击力。

回血瓶(+0~10点生命值): 整个竞赛中有且仅有1次机会使用回血瓶。在选谱时才可使用回血瓶。使用后跳过选谱机会(对方选谱)。恢复生命值点数等于某场比赛中主动选择的最高键数。若还未选过谱,恢复0点生命值。

首局谱面: 1到10键谱面数分别为2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 (高亮为4/7键谱面数)并允许双方各禁1个谱面(双方共禁2个谱面)。

资格赛: 每位玩家从1键到10键共打10个资格谱,每谱一次,总分(0到1000万)由高到低赋予进入淘汰环节顺序。

欢迎批评指点;感谢阅读本文!
(임시) 한국어 번역 (2016-04-21)

(Temporary) Korean Translation
(임시) 번역

모든키 = 1~10키

먼저, 위에서 투표를 먼저 해주세요.
이 대회에 참가하시겠습니까?
1번째 옵션: 네, 전 모든 키를 플레이하거나 10키를 배우고 있는 중이기에 이 대회에 참가하겠습니다.
2번째 옵션: 네, 전 9키까지 플레이하거나 9키를 배우고 있는 중이기에 이 대회에 참가하겠습니다.
3번째 옵션: 네, 전 8키까지 플레이하거나 8키를 배우고 있는 중이기에 이 대회에 참가하겠습니다.
4번째 옵션: 네, 이 대회에 참가하겠습니다. 주로 4키/7키를 플레이하긴 하지만 다른 키를 골라도 상관 없습니다.
5번째 옵션: 네, 이 대회에 참가하겠습니다. 하지만 대회에서는 4키/7키맵만 고를 것입니다.
6번째 옵션: 아니요, 이 대회에 참가하지 않겠습니다. 하지만 방송은 볼 것입니다.
7번째 옵션: 아니요, 이 대회에 참가하지 않을 것이며 관심도 없습니다.

투표를 하셨다면 아래 규칙들을 읽어주시길 바랍니다.

참여 조건: 국적, 순위, 주로 하는 키모드 다 상관 없습니다.

최소 참가자 수: 16명

토너먼트 방식:
  • 더블 엘리미네이션 토너먼트 (패자부활전이 있는 방식, 오스월드컵과 같은 방식) (참가자 32명 이하일 경우)
    더블 + 싱글 엘리미네이션 토너먼트 (패자부활전 가끔씩) (참가자 128명 이하일 경우)
    예선전 (참가자 배치)
주목적:
  • 4K/7K만 잘하는 사람들은 4K/7K 맵만 골라 다음 스테이지로 갈 수 있습니다.
    모든 키모드를 할 수 있는 사람들이 우승할 가능성이 높습니다.
    4K/7K가 아닌 맵에서 이겼을 경우 보너스가 있습니다.
    키개수가 많은 모드를 어느정도 하는 참가자는 키개수가 낮은 모드만 아주 잘하는 참가자에게 잘 지지 않습니다. 그리고 반대로도요.
긴 글 읽기 귀찮으신 분들을 위한 경기 진행 방식: 참가자들은 같은 체력을 갖고 시작을 합니다. (예: 64강: 80, 32강: 100, 16강: 120, 8강: 140, 준결승: 160, 결승: 180, 그랜드 파이널: 200). 매 경기마다 참가자들은 기본 공격력 (0 ~ 25) * 의욕 포인트를 가져 상대방의 체력을 깎을 수 있습니다. 체력이 먼저 0이 되는 참가자가 패배합니다. 두 참가자가 동시에 체력이 0이 되었을 경우 타이브레이커 경기를 합니다.

수학을 조금 쓴 공격력 시스템: (미완성)
  • 맵을 통과했을 때: 6.
    맵을 실패했을 때: 5 (점수 800,000 이상), 4 (600,000 ~ 799,999), 3 (400,000 ~ 599,999), 2 (200,000 ~ 399,999), 1 (1 ~ 199,999), 0 (0)
    정확도: 10 (99.88%), 9 (99.75%), 8 (99.50%), 7 (99.00%), 6 (98.00%), 5 (96.00%), 4 (92.00%), 3 (84.00%), 2 (68.00%), 1 (36.00%), 0 (36.00% 미만)
    미스 갯수: 2 (풀콤보), 1 (1밋), 0 (2밋 이상)
    하드락: 2 (A 이상), 1 (B), 0 (C 이하)
    키 개수에 따른 공격력: 4키/7키가 아닌 맵에서 이겼을 경우 5(1/10키), 3(2/9키), 1(3/5/6/8키)
의욕 포인트: x번째 판일 경우, 공격력에 (0.9 + 0.1*x)배가 곱해집니다.

체력 포션 (+0 ~ +10 HP): 체력 포션을 한번만 사용할 수 있고 전체 토너먼트에서 한번 사용할 수 있으며 자신이 맵을 고를 차례가 되었을 때만 쓸 수 있습니다. 포션을 사용하면, 맵을 고를 차례를 넘기고 체력을 회복합니다. 회복되는 체력은 그 스테이지에서 골랐던 최고 키개수와 같습니다. 처음 고를 때 포션을 사용하면 체력이 회복되지 않습니다.

첫 스테이지의 맵풀: 1키~10키 맵 갯수: 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 (강조된 숫자는 4키, 7키입니다)이고 이 중 1개를 밴할 수 있습니다. (참가자가 2명이니 맵 2개 밴, 중복 불가)

예선전: 참가자들은 1~10키에서 10개의 맵을 플레이하여 각 맵마다 점수를 매겨서(통과/실패, 정확도, 풀콤보, 하드락 점수만; 0~20) 전체 점수를 통해 배치됩니다(0 ~ 200).

의견을 아래에 적어주세요. 읽어주셔서 감사합니다.

번역: 자카드 (jakads)
Topic Starter
FrenzyLi
Reserved as announcement floor.
Kamikaze
Yo, that sounds dope
Cra Dow
hyped.
Level 51
Kinda hyped for this actually, but a few questions on the score system:
- What do you mean by "failing a map with positive score"? Aren't all scores positive?
- There could be a potential to abuse the HR bonus by putting it on for keymodes a player knows they can't play. For example, if my opponent chooses a 9K map which I can't play, I could put HR on and get 3 + 2 points for failing it = ?? (also: if the accuracy bonus counts for a fail then you could get another 1-2 points there)
- Aren't later-stage matches generally supposed to last longer? Won't the morale bonus have the opposite effect?
Topic Starter
FrenzyLi
Reply to Level 51:

Q: What do you mean by "failing a map with positive score"? Aren't all scores positive?
A: Players could theoretically fail their non-preferred keymode maps with 0 score. Positive score is a temporary rule enforced to encourage the player to at least play the map. Yes, a 0-score is also a score.

Q: There could be a potential to abuse the HR bonus by putting it on for keymodes a player knows they can't play. For example, if my opponent chooses a 9K map which I can't play, I could put HR on and get 3 + 2 points for failing it = ?? (also: if the accuracy bonus counts for a fail then you could get another 1-2 points there)]
A: At the moment, this is intentional. Do be aware that contestant A who actually play 9K keymode could score 6+5+3=14 points + morale as opposed to the opponent's 5 points + morale. It has benefits (HR hype, etc) as well as legit drawbacks, but i'll try to balance this with a potential staff member. This is a minor issue at the moment.

Q: Aren't later-stage matches generally supposed to last longer? Won't the morale bonus have the opposite effect?
A: Each player plays multiple rounds in each stage. The initial health for each stage is higher and higher (e.g. 80 for RO64, 100 for RO32, 120 for RO16, 140 for quaterfinals, 160 for semifinals, 180 for finals and 200 for finals). The morale is an initial attempt to stop prolonged gameplay. for each additional round in a stage, additional HP is effectively taken away from both players. (of the 80 HP etc, 10 are basically non-existent if 4 rounds are played between two players)

Thank you for your legitimate concerns! (Rules clarified)
lenpai
Dis gon push me to continue learning 8k

Support
ArcherLove
yeaay~
Elementaires
wow gogo
JamesHappy
Good shit

Hyped!
Evening
not sure about the "allows 2 bans." section, is it per person or 1 per person?

anyways, i'll be free to help most of the time so if you need the extra helping hand i'm mostly down for it
Topic Starter
FrenzyLi
Reply to Evening:

It's a temporary rule and allows 1 ban for each member. I'm not sure this is the optimal number of bans due to the size of the mappool if we were to construct the mappool as mentioned in post. I think I might have enough initial community interest in this to start refining the point system. I would appreciate your help.
Kamikaze
I think that 1 ban should be enough to ensure that more emphasis is put on actually learning the keymodes for the tourney.
Also for the positive score bonus - my opinion is that it should be at least 500k (or 400k) if you want to ensure that players play the maps, there is a high chance that you can get that much even with spamming
Topic Starter
FrenzyLi
Reply to -Kamikaze-:

Fair point. I'll certainly take a similar approach.
DeletedUser_259972
ok cool
I support this :)
ByeForNow
I support this tooo! ヽ( ≧ω≦ )ノ
NlHIL
sup
stupud man
This is pretty interesting. You have my support. I'll see if maybe I can help out.
Saerdna
cool
BilliumMoto
Yesss
ReTLoM
:O i like it but i never see a single 3k map before may some one can link me a map so i can try it :)

Time to practice 10k ... and 1k xX hate the jacks :)
show more