Hito Ookami - Decisive Battle! Ho-Oh!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lunah_old

Ephemeral wrote:

get rid of that horrible strobe completely

do not rebubble this until that strobe is gone

You can't say to remove it or you will not let the map be bubbled , this is power abusing
Card N'FoRcE
Ok, i got informed about this /o/

From what i see the Storyboard is causing all this ruckus. Well, i kinda support both sides for various reasons, so i discussed a bit with the mapper and we reched this compromise (that looks even better than the first version of the storyboard): a softened pulse for "normal" sections and the strong old pulse for kiai sections for awesome charging feeling.
We always had maps using this kind of SB, i dunno why are you getting against this one now.
Topic Starter
Takuya
Also, thank you both for the stars.
mm201

Lunah wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

get rid of that horrible strobe completely

do not rebubble this until that strobe is gone

You can't say to remove it or you will not let the map be bubbled , this is power abusing
Not especially, no. What if instead of an epileptic storyboard, it was incorrect timing? Then "do not rebubble until this has been retimed" would be a fair statement. There are always some corner case grey areas of rankability standards. Eph believed the SB was unrankable, so he's within his right.

Stop trying to stir up controversy for its own sake.
Topic Starter
Takuya

MetalMario201 wrote:

Not especially, no. What if instead of an epileptic storyboard, it was incorrect timing? Then "do not rebubble until this has been retimed" would be a fair statement. There are always some corner case grey areas of rankability standards. Eph believed the SB was unrankable, so he's within his right.

Stop trying to stir up controversy for its own sake.
1)It's not an "epileptic storyboard"
2)There's a warning, that's enough (CnF agrees with me)
3)Ephemeral DIDN'T state that the SB was unrankable
4)The SB is totally rankable and who doesn't agree probably didn't see some maps around
5)The whole thing has been fixed already.The SB is staying, it has ben fixed as asked and James2250 got allowed by him to rebubble already, CnF suggested me stuff about the SB, I am actually waiting to get back the bubble.

That's all.
Lunah_old
speechless.. lol
James2250

[Takuya] wrote:

5)The whole thing has been fixed already.The SB is staying, it has ben fixed as asked and James2250 got allowed by him to rebubble already, CnF suggested me stuff about the SB, I am actually waiting to get back the bubble.
That's all.
^
Eph already said the fixes he suggested have been implemented and I am free to rebubble if I think everything seems ok
Sorry for taking a little while but we don't need any more discussion over this

Some minor comments quickly:

Just because it is the easiest difficulty can you fix the spacing at 02:09:427 (1,1)
Those gaps near the end are pretty harsh, add a few notes or put breaks there
Also seeing as you have a sb you might want to turn off letterboxing?
(I do agree those 1/3 streams are pretty hard to read while playing)
Topic Starter
Takuya
Fixed. The sb won't be a problem since as suggested by cnf, I've put the pulse in background, which plays behind the letterboxing. I kinda like it though.
James2250
Slightly more work than expected but

Rebubbled~
Topic Starter
Takuya
Thank you very much
eveless
nice SB :O
Topic Starter
Takuya
Thank you :D
miss_dior
star~
Alace
I am blind not death
good mapset
ranked
Anto
Gratz..
Natteke
cool stuff
Topic Starter
Takuya
Thank you very much :) :) :) :) :)
-kevincela-
Very good map,really fun!:D
Tenshi-nyan
And maps like this are the reason why there should be a "No Storyboard" mod to choose from, just like there is a "No Video" mod.
An alternative is to delete the .osb.
Topic Starter
Takuya
If you're able to make it happen after all the times it got denied, I'll be gladly supporting it.
Yoshi348
Man, it's a nice map, but that strobe is ridiculous. I mean I don't care about the flashing inherently myself but it doesn't fit the map at all... it's an energetic song but that level of stobe is reserved for nightcore/techno shit. I'm horrified just thinking of what it was like before Ephemeral got here.
Topic Starter
Takuya
This is a techno remix fyi.And anyways that's a bullshit.I believe the pulse fits in the song
And..."you're horrified"?It simply was all like it actually is during the refrain: pulse each 1/4.
What you just said is horryfing if you ask me.Now shut up and go play how the hell you want.
Firo Prochainezo
hurr hurr the pulse sucks i don't like it pls change it i don't care if the mapper likes the pulse derp hurr ;_;

Congratulations, Takuya. Really like your map.
Topic Starter
Takuya
xD; Thank you Firo
super_tails
:oops: Hey! Can I use the style of the SB for a Lugia beatmap??
Topic Starter
Takuya
What do you mean by "the style of the sb" ? =o
Faust

Takuya wrote:

What do you mean by "the style of the sb" ? =o
He means the execution of the storyboard, the way it was panned out. He wishes to make a storyboard in the same likeness you did in this beatmap.
MegidonLOL
:) EPIC :)

This is an awesome map!
Katsuri

Anto wrote:

:) :D ;)
:) :D ;) >:( :( :o 8-) :? :shock: :lol: :x :P :oops: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :|