Arusamour
hollow wangs won
Secretpipe
I guess we have to imagine a song in our heads o:

Looks interesting tho! gl bois
XiMerx
until May 6th... I have no time again :(
Rickput
This sounds fun, I wanna do this even if I end up disregarding the contest. May or may not post a result.
Rumia-
hue
sahuang
sounds cool :)

又是yoru神一个人的比赛
Hakurei Yoru
mdzz
Smokeman
mapping is fun~~~

(:
Hollow Wings
wow hp30, it's interesting that you mention reverse mapping in the meantime... some mappers tried that long time ago and regard it as a "composing" work rather than mapping, which supported by lots of packs of sounds sources... it's also really interesting to "create a song in mapping" which i really want to do but have no ability to.

look forward to the contest! >.<
Anxient

Hollow Wings wrote:

wow hp30, it's interesting that you mention reverse mapping in the meantime... some mappers tried that long time ago and regard it as a "composing" work rather than mapping, which supported by lots of packs of sounds sources... it's also really interesting to "create a song in mapping" which i really want to do but have no ability to.

look forward to the contest! >.<
are you participating owo
Topic Starter
happy30

Shizuku- wrote:

Is using custom hitsounds allowed?
it is allowed, but in the end it might make it harder for me to compose for it.
Stefan
That idea sounds amazing. Although having an insane as must isn't something for me. I am still excited for the results. :)
Niko-nyan
well can i ask? is this for std mapping or other mode can be mapped too?
Topic Starter
happy30
std only
RepHurricane340

Hakurei Yoru wrote:

mdzz
钱语:你你恶魔啊尽然没丢进相当搜之作曲
中文:你们竟然没想到自己作曲
Liiraye

happy30 wrote:

Shizuku- wrote:

Is using custom hitsounds allowed?
This is one thing I'm concerned about. What if I feel the song doesn't represent how I pictured the map to be heard? It feels like the second party (you) have to guess what the mapper tries to portray based on hitsounds and mapping techniques alone. While this opens up a lot of doors in terms of mapping creativity, it really relies on you to make a perfect song for it.
Topic Starter
happy30

Liiraye wrote:

This is one thing I'm concerned about. What if I feel the song doesn't represent how I pictured the map to be heard? It feels like the second party (you) have to guess what the mapper tries to portray based on hitsounds and mapping techniques alone. While this opens up a lot of doors in terms of mapping creativity, it really relies on you to make a perfect song for it.
It's a fun experiment and yes the outcome may be very different than what the mapper intended it to be.
don't waste your time if you are worried about petty things like that :)
squirrelpascals
May I also select a map from the enitrites to compose a song for?
Topic Starter
happy30
Cool! I will add you to the opening post!
I will send you the entries soon
Kimitakari

O boy
SnowNiNo_
is using BG allowed?
Smokeman

Liiraye wrote:

happy30 wrote:

my art teacher allways made us write an essay about the things we created. A reasonable part of our final grad was that essay. I think, if every (serious) submission had a small description with it would help Happy to understand wtf is going on. (Of course you dont need to write a 6 pages long wall of text explaining all of your choices, that would be absurd).

@ happy30, Is it ok if i map one measure past your bookmark at 01:14:295 - (map would end at 01:15:438 - ). I am kinda done with my map but if you rly dont want this then i would need to rethink some stuff.
Topic Starter
happy30
you can add 1 measure, no problem
-Makishima S-
Oh boi, spinner30 thingy xD (no offence man ^^)
I am on it, sounds like fun!

One question my friend if possible to know - music for this map will be kept in convenction to piano or you will guys do something more creative?
Topic Starter
happy30

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

is using BG allowed?
you can send a BG along with it
Spaghetti
Any specific genre that we should aim for? aka can i map wubs

sounds fun, i might enter
Topic Starter
happy30
i fail at doing wubs though, lol. I probably won't use wub.
squirrelpascals

[Taiga] wrote:

One question my friend if possible to know - music for this map will be kept in convenction to piano or you will guys do something more creative?
Personally since this is an abnormally fast BPM for me to produce to, I'm going to try and get hella creative with this

And if the map allows I might try and do wubs but idk
Topic Starter
happy30

[Taiga] wrote:

bass + drum is going to cover most of the beats of the map, then I'll add whatever I feel like fits the map most.
Rad-
This seems cool, will give a try to map at least 2 times differently as an experiment.
Nerova Riuz GX
ok so i got some more problems.

collab diffs? or even a unique/collab diff name?

In previous posts you said that using custom hitsounds is available
However, you can't only use a single .osu file to implement custom hitsounds.
maybe you should change the file type of submission from .osu to .osz or just ban them.

And the last thing, I'm looking for another way to participate this special contest. maybe a judge or something.
Not going to pick another song because that will obviously make your work heavier
but participate it as a judge to drop more opinions and views, also make it more fair if possible.

as the first reverse mapping contest, i feel like there are some more problems could be found, but that's all i can get so far.
Broccoly
Uh idk about having another judge cuz they are the ones making the music and it's obviously gonna be heavily subjective. I don't see the point in having a 3rd party judging the maps tbh
squirrelpascals

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

In previous posts you said that using custom hitsounds is available
However, you can't only use a single .osu file to implement custom hitsounds.
maybe you should change the file type of submission from .osu to .osz or just ban them.
I wouldn't personally mind a zip file of the .osu file etc. but I'm not the one accepting entries so pm happy30 about it xd

Nerova Ruiz GX wrote:

And the last thing, I'm looking for another way to participate this special contest. maybe a judge or something.
Not going to pick another song because that will obviously make your work heavier
but participate it as a judge to drop more opinions and views, also make it more fair if possible.
No, no judges. Composers are choosing, thats already been decided.
Mekki
I might try it o3o
MaddaFakka-sama
This sounds creative as fk. I really like it. Might give it a shot :^)
show more